Double Fine Action Forums
Bidiot Bales

Last item(s) you purchased?

Safly the amiibo missions are the same as the standard single player, buth with slightly different paeameters

sigh. Batman 52 volume 6.

I decided to give the new run a shot and they've been... okay so far. I'm not so sure why they followed up the return of the Joker with another back story run. It really killed the tempo of a comic series that took a while to get moving the way it was. If anyone reads the comics, you'll know that I'm pretty far off from where it is now(about a year), since the volumes come out months after the comics and I'm two volumes behind right now.

So now I'm going to black box a whole paragraph. If you're even vaguely aware about what's been going on, this wont be spoilery(hint: someone dies). Okay.

When I heard that they decided to kill off Damian, I was fairly excited. For some reason I just didn't like him and I thought: "Great. There will be a solo Batman for a bit and then there will be someone new". That would have at least been different. Silly me. He was killed off on a B tier comic, and that's when all hope sank. I knew he'd be back and soon. So they spent some time on their backstory run and went immediately back to resurrecting Damian. Well, damn. While I haven't actually read that issue yet, hearing the news made me take a long break from the series.

Well, I order it. See how it goes.

I've been meaning to get this for a while, and finally picked it up:

kh2.5-hd-cover_mini.jpg

Is Paper Mario on offer? 'cause if so, I'm sold.

(And yes, I know it's cheaper if you have it on the Wii. That doesn't count.)

EDIT Nope. Oh well.

Last bought: a Father's Day present (don't forget to get YOUR Dad something!), and some comics. Oh, and a wristband to top up the purchase so I could get free delivery, despite it costing about 30p more overall. Still, cheap Doctor Who wristband, woo.

That poster looks damn good on my wall.

Anyway.

header.jpg?t=1430409221

Found it on a reseller's site for £5.99, which is about as cheap as it'll ever get. Typical that the first game I get during the Seam Summer Sale isn't even directly from Steam.

I'd expect nothing less from you Coolsome, which is really quite unsettling in and of itself.

header.jpg?t=1433458439

Own pretty much all the Lego games now, on one format or another.

header.jpg?t=1434146788

Well, I know I'm not going to wait until it's 50% off and new games are never more than 25% during these sales, so why not?

Oh, don't get mad. Jesus. What's really funny about my joke is that it doesn't even make sense. Women don't bleed during menopause, they stop having menstrual cycles during menopause. I'm literally making up bs facts about women right now, like the myth that they don't fart.

Or just bs facts about mums in general.

I'm not even sure either of you were serious. Shit is hard to read sometimes(I caught the joke though and coolsome isn't normally violent in posts).

Oh, don't get mad. Jesus. What's really funny about my joke is that it doesn't even make sense. Women don't bleed during menopause, they stop having menstrual cycles during menopause. I'm literally making up bs facts about women right now, like the myth that they don't fart.

Or just bs facts about mums in general.

I wasn't mad only come back involving blood I could think of.

I wasn't mad only come back involving blood I could think of.

I got a good comeback to my joke.

"Yeah, but what do you use to soak up yours?"

Ys Origins

Ys The Oath In Felghana

Ys VI

I like the Ys games. The ones listed above are of course MUCH different from Ys I+II Chronicles, but good in their own way. I'm about to finish Origin right now. I'm right up against the last boss.

What I don't like:

--Unskippable cutscenes involving lots of boring dialogue between characters I don't give a crap about

--Takes place entirely in a single huge dungeon, so very little variation in scenery

--Normal enemy combat is pretty easy. Mostly just hack and slash.

--Several types of magic attacks, but the basic wind attack works just fine most of the time. I rarely use the others.

What I do like:

--Great hack and slash action. A streamlined action RPG.

--Some light platforming mixed in with the combat.

--The fast, swirly combat combined with enemies that explode into a confetti of orbs and item drops reminds me a lot of Kingdom Hearts.

--Boss battles are extremely demanding. They get a little easier once you level up a lot, but the first couple of bosses (especially that centipede boss ARGH) do not f*** around. At least one boss I can think of isn't really that challenging once you know how to deal damage to it, but figuring that out is the hard part.

--Magic attacks can be pretty bad ass. I love the phoenix in the charged fire spell and I love the burst ability for the boost meter that unlocks late in the game. Talk about going kamehameha.

Not bad games. Not bad at all. If only those damn cutscenes were skippable.

Lego Jurassic world X360 arrived today, with the Dr. Wu minifig

First time I receive a damaged box from amazon o_O

Lego Jurassic World from a third-party reseller for just over £10.

(I did pre-order the WiiU version, but for some stupid reason the site I ordered it from has the release date as next month, so I didn't want to wait any longer to play the thing)