Double Fine Action Forums
Bidiot Bales

Last item(s) you purchased?

ok, so yo, i'm a Playstation collector so I spend way to much times in fleamarkets scavaging around the old games stores just trying to find the classics, but also those real hidden gems. And I stubbled upon this game:

Caratula+Crusader:+No+Remorse.jpg

I remember seeing this game when I was kid and I couldn't get it at the time because i was too young for an rated M game so I just got Tail-Concerto instead (good investment btw), so i never once thought of this game again.

I find it like around last weekend thinking "Oh man this is that game i never got to play!" And bought it, it was only 8 bucks, no big deal. I discovered this game was on PC first, wasn't sure how it would actually translate well onto game console, especially seeing this game came out in 1997 and I had the great fear that the controls were going to be completely broken.

I was wrong about every negative assumption I had.

This game is actually very, VERY enjoyable to play? Which I sort of had the hope for (1 being able to now play this as an adult and 2 seeing that is got very positive ratings). Like the game is plays smooth and the graphics are very aesthetically pleasing. The controls are actually easy to understand and get the hang of and tbh the live action cutscenes are very well done??? Like the costuming is nice, the actors do their job pretty nicely and everything. The level designs are very nice too like they're pleasing to look at. Now i'll be honest some things do blend in to well with others which can cause some disarray of things and put you in front of a brick wall, in fact this game is actually at points as CLEAR as a brick wall. You do not have a lot of directions, it's all up to you to figure out what in the sam hell is going on, but your exploration of the areas pays off when you find hidden secrets and weapons to make your progress through the levels more entertaining.

The game though, while it honestly isn't the best darn thing, is very entertaining to say the least, like i'm not bored and i feel the need to push on to uncover the story (even know it's some 1984 rip-off). Plus it's very innovating for it's time. The areas can be messed with and destroyed and if you try to plow through the game like a homicidal maniac it WRECKS you. The game wants you to take your time and figure out the situations that you are in and go at them in a smart way.

Very entertaining game like i guess a good 4 out of 5 rating

ALMOST bought some games, but hesitated when I couldn't remember if I already owned them or not (turns out i did, so hooray for being scared and double-checking!). So I just bought some more Skylander figures, because apparently I don't have enough.

It's going to be a fun time for you when Disney Infinity 3.0 launches with the Star Wars characters and sets.

Hush, you.

...but yeah. :(

ALMOST bought some games, but hesitated when I couldn't remember if I already owned them or not (turns out i did, so hooray for being scared and double-checking!). So I just bought some more Skylander figures, because apparently I don't have enough.

It's going to be a fun time for you when Disney Infinity 3.0 launches with the Star Wars characters and sets.

Hush, you.

...but yeah. :(

Plus, doesn't Playstation have an exclusive set or something that was announced at E3?

Boba Fett is Playstation timed-exclusive, IIRC.

...so won't be getting him for a while.

EDIT: Yeah, he's part of a set that'll be exclusive to PS3/4 for a month, in a similar way Hulk was temporarily exclusive.

I grabbed Yoshi's Wooly World, Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, and Codename S.T.E.A.M for £54.19 off Amazon today.

(Games I haven't quite pounced on yet. But seem cheap enough for a quick bit of fun now)

Today only there is £10 of £50 spend at amazon using the voucher code: BIGTHANKS

Motorola Droid Turbo, Ballistic Nylon 64GB version.

(these images are of my actual phone.)

Currently running Lollipop 5.1 with Nova Launcher as the home screen.

M9KNnO5.png

NyBCR8O.png

This is an example of one of the many reasons why I hate the Apple ecosystem in general. I could never be able to make an iPhone home screen look like this, even after hacking it all to hell and back.

£35 worth of Skylander figures. Thanks to Game being very silly, they had some pre-owned Trap Masters for £6.99 each, and since they were pre-owned they were also 3 for 2. Which made them a freakin' bargain for what they were.

I bought an Xbox 360 Elite (the Black HDMI old model 360), for £20, cash in hand.

Normally, I'd avoid such things, but the listing on ebay said that it worked fine ,except for a stuck disc drive. (And it had no HDD, but I already had a 120gb elite HDD ironically enough)

Perfect. we've fixed stuck 360 drives before in our house, (on the old red ringer Xenon 360s). Old man sorted it out in about an hour. Just needed to re-open it, clean out the drive, make sure all the connections worked, clean out all the dust with canned air, re-lubricate the rubber band pulley, and put it all back together again.

It works GREAT! It was almost immaculate internally. No signs of overheat or circuit wear. Only cosmetic wear on the plastic that covers the drive (which we can easily switch out later, since I have like 4 other non-hdmi 360s just hanging out in the loft) Probably hasn't been used much.

Can't wait to play Xbox 360 games with a proper 1080p HD signal. (720p component doesn't hold up as well and is just so bulky)

Got myself a real bargain.

I got myself a new Samsung Galaxy A5 to replace my old iPhone 3GS. I bought the iphone used in 2010 so it's about six years old and it's been almost painful to use it for some time now.

Man the new one is so big. Going from a 3.5 inch screen to a 5 inch screen is quite a leap and my first thought after trying it was "I've made a huge mistake, how can anybody use a phone this big" but after playing with it for a day I've gotten kinda used to it.

EB7W9de.jpg

Originally I wanted to get it in white but the store that had it the cheapest only had the black version so I just got that one. I like the black version a lot more than I was expecting. It's not completely black, it's actually slightly blue-is and it's a very nice color.

header.jpg

Plays like a mix of Shift and The Bridge and has an interesting story. It also has a demo on Steam.

I put Kickstarters I've backed on here when they take my money, and no-one complains about that.

Anyway. Last bought Disney Infinity stuff. Did you know we get completely shafted over here when it comes to power disc folders? The only one we get for the Marvel ones is an actual folder, and that only fits the Marvel ones. Wanna store your Disney Original ones? Tough noogies, those folders with slots for them are Toys R Us exclusive. Oh, you want to actually order one from the US store? Nope, that's the ONE THING WE WON'T SHIP TO THE UK. All the other Disney Infinity stuff? Yeah, we'll ship them over. The folders for the first DI discs? Yeah, we'll let you have those too if you want. But the Marvel one, complete with packed-in discs? NOPE.

*sigh*

Had to settle for the crystal figures they had at 3 for $20. Pretty good deal.

I didn't know it would be considered "illegal" by anyone. I just got a great deal on a game I know I'm gonna want, I don't know if such a deal will actually be around when the game actually releases, I thought others might want to save $15, so I posted about it in the thread where we talk about buying stuff.

Heh was just funning.

Heh was just funning.

*phew* You really got me good this time.

I actually thought for a moment that you've bought a 60$ console game with microtransactions.

Heh was just funning.

*phew* You really got me good this time.

I actually thought for a moment that you've bought a 60$ console game with microtransactions.

I usually follow the Monkey Island mantra: "Never pay more than $20 for a computer game." I want to get it, but I'll wait until it's on sale (which can take forever for Nintendo games).

Card sleeves for my Exploding Kittens which arrived while I was vacationing in Spain. Now they no longer fit in the molded plastic tray for the NSFW version or the cardboard compartments for the normal version /-(