Sign in to follow this  
Cheeseness

DF Game Club: Gretel and Hansel

DOUBLE FINE GAME CLUB: Gretel and Hansel (14th of September)

The Double Fine Game Club is a community run weekly event where interested gamers play through and come together to discuss what they do and don't like about a particular game (sort of like a book club, but for games). We usually aim to play one or two hours a week, and we normally have somebody streaming the current game so that those who don't have the game or don't feel like playing it again can still feel involved.

Discussion takes place here in the forums and on the Double Fine Game Club home page. Game Club is a very informal weekly chat, and everyone is welcome!

Previous game: Kentucky Route Zero - Act 1

Next Game: The Raven - Legacy Of A Master Thief

znvwaE4.png

» » » CLICK HERE TO JOIN « « «

GAME CLUB SESSIONS

- 14th September, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 1st game session (Stream part 1, part 2) and general discussion (log)

ABOUT THE GAME

A macabre flash based point and click game with hand painted graphics inspired by the Hansel and Gretel fairy tale.

Warning: Sensitive gamers should be aware that Gretel and Hansel contains animated depictions of graphic violence.

WHERE TO GET ONLINE

- Official website (free)

- Armor Games (free)

- Newgrounds (free)

GAME CLUB INFO

- Double Fine Game Club home page (with webchat, stream and session countdown timer)

- Game Club IRC: #DFAdventure on irc.foonetic.net (use the link above if you're not sure)

- @DFGameClub on Twitter (keep track of announcements)

- Game Club planning thread

Edited by Cheeseness
Fixed URLs after forum upgrade

Stream archive (part 1, part 2) and chat log from today's session are up. Thanks to everybody who joined us and Mim for streaming!

We've got a thread up for the next game we'll be playing! The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief from King Art Games!

Back on Gretel and Hansel, I had no idea what sort of game this was going in, so I was pretty shocked by its gruesomeness, but after the surprise wore off, it's a pretty well constructed game. The artwork is gorgeous and the pacing is pretty good. The game doesn't take itself seriously and the assorted novelty deaths are fun in a (very) dark way.

Brilliant game! It upsets me that Part 3 never came out- I would totally Kickstart this!

Brilliant game! It upsets me that Part 3 never came out- I would totally Kickstart this!

Actually, I invited the developers to join us (sadly, they ended up being unable to attend), who mentioned that they are working on part 3 at the moment :)

OMGOMG!! Seriously? :Oc

Well, that makes my day! Shame they couldn't join. That entire team is mega talented! Kudos to them!

Well, that makes my day! Shame they couldn't join. That entire team is mega talented! Kudos to them!

Yup :D

We'll come back and do part 3 when it's done and hopefully get Marko and David to join us!

You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear that too! 8^D