Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Project Update 14: 9/13/13

Hi Greg, Hi everybody,

Does anyone knows how many acts will there be in the final game?

Thanks

It was mentioned earlier in this thread, but the answer to that question is two. The two acts are being released separately and the first one is supposedly the longer one, so this is really a pretty big milestone (although I'm curious to know what alpha entails here and what's left to take the game to beta).

That is radical news. Can't wait to play it.

It's going to be strange when all of this is wrapped up and there are no more rad documentary episodes to anticipate. :'(

I think that would be a good idea. Scrolling through this massive amount of quotes just to read a few scarce bits of actual content is getting a bit tiresome.

I think that would be a good idea. Scrolling through this massive amount of quotes just to read a few scarce bits of actual content is getting a bit tiresome.

I agree. I thought forum pyramids went out of style in 1998. :[

Behold the alpha version pyramid.

The beta pyramid will have less bugs.

This thread is the best thread.

errrmeeeehgerrrd!!!!! ^0^ now remind me beta is when it's content complete right? what is alpha? greg? HELP. GREEEEGGG HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!
At least placeholder content has been provided for all assets in an Alpha, but I think Alpha also means the cutscenes are not done. Beta is pretty much everything art-wise is done, but cutscenes still need to be finalized and bug testing needs to be complete.

I don't mean to be a dunce, but, Greg, what is the difference between Alpha and Beta?

Alpha is programmerspeak for "You can't expect it to run." and beta is programmerspeak for "You can't expect it not to crash."

I believe it's the Mars pyramids from Zak McKracken.

EDIT: Found this page with lots of screen shots from old LucasArts classics. Here's another image from Mars found on that site:

VYr9ZGV.png

And I had so high hopes for this page staying pyramid free.

Mars pyramids are cool though.

Sign in to follow this