Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
buckysrevenge

Interview on Kotaku

Since a Psychonauts sequel is forever long away, go grab the original. Steam is selling it for $2.00 I think - MAC/PC. Go buy it for your friends! Or buy it and then leave the game code in public place. Or something.

Smiles

Since a Psychonauts sequel is forever long away, go grab the original. Steam is selling it for $2.00 I think - MAC/PC. Go buy it for your friends! Or buy it and then leave the game code in public place. Or something.

Smiles

Psychonauts on Steam works on Linux, too.

What is the state of the Linux version now? I think I remember reading something about it semi recently, but I don't remember what or where. I'm past Basic Braining on my current playthrough, but was the Coach Oleander projection bug fixed? And what about achievement integration and cloud saves?

I was able to play the whole way through with minimal issues (nothing show stopping). Last time I tried, the oleander projection thing was still an issue. Steam achievements were fixed, don't know about sync.

There's a big difference in scope between fixing known issues in the current version and developing a sequel though. The current game doesn't require more design, programming or art, while a new game would. I would also love a new Psychonauts, but I think it's great that they're putting programming resources towards improving upon the current build. Especially when there's still a number of bugs in it.

Sign in to follow this