Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DFCamdensound

Audio Update 2: The Sounds of Broken Age

Fantastic work! I love how non-stock they all feel (one of the many reasons I'm such a big DF fan) and cannot wait to experience this audio bliss while playing. Thanks for taking the time to share, write up the info on each, as well as give some insight into the tools you use. Making these kinds of effects and ambiance has always baffled me, though it can often be my favorite thing in a game. The ones you've shared clearly aren't lacking in amazing detail, and I can't thank you enough for that.

This was a cool post, thanks!

Cannot wait for the breakdown one.

I also cannot wait until I put #4 as my ringtone.

Converting them to mp3/opus and putting them in a player would be nice.

It's quite tedious to manually download a 1.5 mb wav just to listen to a tiny sample.

I will see what we can do about that. Thanks for the suggestion!

I love these. I have minimal sound experience (one class, where our final sound project was to narrate/voice a story clip, supplanting the story with appropriate sound effects), but it was a lot of fun, and I'd love to do it again.

The stories of sound effect origins are a lot of fun, too. I remember reading that Telltale recorded their staff chewing candy bars when they needed zombie noises for The Walking Dead, haha.

Great update. I was just listening to Top Score, what a coincidence.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/radio/programs/top-score/

Wow, that show looks like it would be really cool. I'll have to subscribe to the podcast.

Also, thanks Camden for the great post. I'm a little bit late to the party, but I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing. The amount of content that I'm getting as being a backer is way more than I expected. Keep up the great work everybody at Double Fine.

Finally got around to reading/listening to this post! Great stuff! Especially the Mog Cothra breathing and the Meriloft ambience! Awesome work! :D

Sign in to follow this