Sign in to follow this  
Necrotron

Beastfly Strategy?

Anyone been able to best this beast yet?

I don't think I have heroes high enough level yet (currently just reached the last region), but I intend to defeat this monster someday. It reminds me a bit of the Ultima Weapons from Final Fantasy VII.

My strategy I intend to use it combining serious power debuffs (from Gloomerang and possibly Mummy), a lot of health snacks, and team power buffs (Captain Premium).

Does anyone know if debuffs such as Weak Sauce and Book of One Liners stack?

I have, though a bug may have been involved. Stocked up on health potions (equal mix of +100 and a lesser one in case they needed topping off but not the full 100), -enemy pow, +focus (I needed WAY more than I had, so get plenty), and +team pow. Team had two heroes with loads of health and two with lots of damage. (I don't know how others level their heroes, but I tend to focus mine on one or two stats, with different heroes having different combinations. For example, Galaxy Girl is nearly pure health, Hothead is nearly pure damage, @man is all about the intelligence, and Gloomy is a health/int mix.)

I bring up Gloomy because the rest of the team died when Beastfly at half health, I was out of potions, and most manager abilities were on cooldown. Defeat seemed inevitable. Perhaps I should have paid more attention to the fact that Gloomy was still at full health despite her teammates being dead... Monster hit, Gloomy's at half health. She swings, her health pops back up to roughly 75%. He hits her again, she drops to 30%. She brings herself back up to 60%. He stops to roar his -pow ability. Wham! She uses the opportunity to regenerate her health to full. Rinse and repeat, for the next fifteen minutes or so! Beastfly kept to his attack, attack, -pow rotation, which allowed Gloomy's health regen to just barely keep her standing despite a few heart-stopping moments. Her regular attacks aren't that powerful, but she whittled him down with me cheering her on and hitting manager cooldowns every time they came up. I really wish some kind of +intelligence item had dropped, because it would have been her rightful spoils. (Was a +pow item instead, which went to Hothead.)

I really wish I'd thought to check her inventory at the time, (I tend to rotate items in and out based on what my heroes are up to), because I'd really like to know if I found a good combination for Gloomy or if the whole thing was a bug, albeit a glorious one.

To Double Fine if you'd like to investigate the bug angle, my top picks are either a health potion somehow going off multiple times or more likely the Hard Deadline ability failing to kill her when it ended. I don't remember using Hard Deadline, but I DO have a vague memory of seeing it on cooldown (perhaps I hit it when Gloomy was the last one standing and figured everything was over?). Could Hard Deadline, which regens health, have somehow failed to end when it should have?

So far as strategy is concerned, what worked for the first 50% of Beastfly's health was tons and tons of potions, possibly 50 of each, (I highly recommend having two different levels of health potions so you don't have to either waste an expensive high-powered one when your heroes aren't that low or agonize over whether they're going to survive the next attack.), having a team member with -pow or some way of healing the team, making sure team members' abilities are set to single-target attack (obvious, but if I had a coin for every time I've forgotten...), and really, that's it. There's no complicated strategy needed, and no surprise abilities. In my experience he follows an ability pattern, which means you can easily tell what he's going to do next. Keep whittling him down, and pop a potion whenever your heroes need one. Good luck!

Thanks for your advice. I plan on tackling him again soon. I tend to single focus each hero on a single stat too, mostly based upon thematically how I think they should be.

Great to hear from someone who completed it. I'll reference your strategy when I take him on again.

Is there an update that I'm not aware of? What are we talking about here?

There was an update on September 13 with a new enemy, beastfly, and even better - new costumes! It also fixed many bugs. I didn't see a similar update in iTunes.

The enemy is not that difficult by the way, as mentioned you just throw everything you got at it, but admittedly for me all the heroes are at their max level.

Looking at his numbers and having completed the final region now, I think I can probably tackle him, especially now that I have a little more practice managing the high level combat and I can actually pick out which snack is which quick enough from the menu.

Edit: And done! Just needed a few more levels on my heroes and a sufficient stock of consumables.

I'm assuming this is also coming to iPhone. I'm assuming this because we all know that you people don't want me to drive to San Francisco, and read you a strongly worded letter. And I'm talking strongly worded here. Words like 'should' and 'hurt' and 'feelings'. That's right. Don't mess with my ability to write letters.

Nice job Necrotron! We definitely wanted to give the end game players a bit more of a challenge! Hope you enjoyed it! And as for the update for iOS, it will be releasing soon. There's a bit more turnaround time for submission for iOS. So in a few weeks iOS MMoJ players should get all the costume content as well as the chance to fight the BEASTFLY!!!!

Easy Beastfly win: Stock up on 30 milk, 30 power bar, 30 nukachino, 30 weaksauce. Use 2 heroes that stun, one to buff your team, and one to nerf the beastfly. Slam 4-5 weak sauce at start. Tap all your hero abilities. Heal your team with the free drinks and drink the coffee (to help your team and clear out menu space). Eat a few power bars. Tap hero abilities. Nerf beastfly. Drink nukachino when meters get 2/3 down. Eat power bars. Drink milk. If you keep up pace and rotate your finger around the screen, its in the bag. The only down side is you don't really get to enjoy watching the battle because attention is focused on all the meters. As long as beastfly's damage is nerfed to where he only does half to 1/3 damage each hit, theres no reason to not be able to keep your heroes alive with a carton of milk between hits. Then you get a new piece of gear...or 3-4 of the same thing and 2 of a different one and 2 more of that other one. Employee of the year is awesome.