Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nice Cup of Tea

Another suggestion for the website, regarding links/navigation

I use Firefox, and tend to middle-click links to open in a new tab. The site's main navigation bar is in Flash, so I can't do that. I'm not expecting that to be changed though, as you currently have the nice animated stuff going on and it'd take time that could be spent doing better, Brütal Legend/new minigame-related things.

On the comics page, though, the buttons to take you to the different comics are just static; no animations, so no real need for Flash. If they were in lovely HTML I could middle-click a few and go through them using my tabs, increasing my enjoyment of them about 504% (±500%). Or rather than doing this, there could be little links somewhere on a comic's page to the other artists, so once I've caught up on DFAC I can go straight to the latest MCAM with one click. Rather than having to scroll to the top of the page, click the COMICS button and click on the artist's picture.

That last sentence makes me sound rather lazy :(

Actually, I'd like to propose a theory, if you will will, regarding these conveniently placed "features". Currently the main site and comics navigation are built in flash. This leaves anyone who uses a computer that does not have Flash installed (yes, they are out there) without access to site and comic navigation. Hence they are working together with your employer to keep you from enjoying the utopia that is Double Fine while being paid to do something else that you probably don't really want to do anyways. The Man has taken over! However, little do they know that I have found they have textual site navigation at the bottom of the page. I have also found that wearing Dogan's tinfoil hat makes the pages load faster. Still this problem with the comics remains.

Sign in to follow this