• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Chyron

Star Wars - May The Thread Be With You

The latest trailer suggests that Abrams is doing the same thing with Star Wars which he already did with Star Trek (Hi Fawful). You'll watch it but i doubt that it will be great or that there will be something really cool and new. Anyway Star Wars primary is doing the same stuff over and over again since ...

Btw. why is it so hard making a good Rendezvous with Rama film?

I've heard people say that JJ Abrams is good at imitating other people's style rather than really having any of his own.

Looking back at the stuff he's done and what he seems to be doing with TFA, I'd say that's fair... and honestly, that's pretty much all Star Wars fans really want at this point.

People who're thinking that Star Wars showed its climax with the second movie probably aren't considered being fans anymore.

Maybe I should be super cynical about fucking everything for like no good reason. It might score me all the cool points like taumel.

Now now. As long as you think that Jar Jar Binks should be fed into a woodchipper, then you're a TRUE Star Wars fan.

Hey, I refuse to watch the prequels unless they're fan edits, and I refuse to watch the Original Trilogy unless the major special edition and Blu-ray edits are removed/fixed.

And I liked what JJ did with Star Trek. Sure, Into Darkness isn't that great but neither are half of the prime universe films. Seriously, it's hands down better than 1, 5, Generations or Insurrection, and arguably better than /any/ of the TNG movies.

I'm only a movie fan of the original trilogy. So a fifthly mainstream casual.
Be specific. Do you mean the original Original Trilogy, or do you include (any of) the official edits as made by some obviously stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder?

I'm only a movie fan of the original trilogy. So a fifthly mainstream casual.
Be specific. Do you mean the original Original Trilogy, or do you include (any of) the official edits as made by some obviously stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder?

I prefer the original original but I'll make do with the DVDs. Thought a lot of the edits and additions piss me off:P

I never really understood why Star Wars was so incredibly amazing that it can get endless spinoffs and additions in all directions, but still warrant a new movie.

Not my generation I guess.

I still prefer Indiana Jones. I just think the stories are more interesting.

What always draws me back is the big action scenes and John Williams. But Indiana Jones has better amusement park rides, better sidekicks, more girlfriends, has Sean Connery for a dad, kicks the crap out of the Nazis and the Communists, and even Harrison Ford think Indy would kill Han Solo in a fight. And I never played Star Wars as a kid.

Plus, the Indy movies are better written.

The way Solo shows up in the trailer reminds me of the film with the fridge and the aliens.

What about Han Solo vs. Indiana Jones vs. Dr. Richard Kimble? A laser whipping runaway.

I'm sure some prefer a more dystopian vibe with Rick.

Ok ik Chewbacca back but will Mala, Itchy and Lumpy be in it as well?
You reminded me of the Star Wars Holiday Special.

You MONSTER.

Ok ik Chewbacca back but will Mala, Itchy and Lumpy be in it as well?

... GET OUT.

EDIT: DAMN IT, MARSDEN

You reminded me of the Star Wars Holiday Special.

You MONSTER.

... GET OUT.

You want this, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it! Give into your anger!

If we are, they've not said anything about it. We'll probably get it the year after the Yoda one.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Bobba Fett and every storm trooper cloned from the same guy?

Boba's just a clone of Jango (Jango, have you always been alone?)

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Bobba Fett and every storm trooper cloned from the same guy?

In the EU, the clones of Jango were phased out for more diverse clone templates and enlisted humans. The Cline Troopers were only the first generation of Stormtroopers, but due to advanced agubf they died out pretty quickly.

Far as I can tell, the still in continuity Clone Wars and Rebels series keep at least the non-clone human recruit part.

Boba is the only unaltered Jango clone.

You forgot the trailer:

fZfq-t2HeGk

I want to be excited for this, but every time I try to be, I remember just how utterly uninteresting the gameplay from 2.,0 was and I lose all enthusiasm. Disney Infinity has always had a lot of promise but it's NEVER come together (for me at least), with the playsets always being uninteresting and the toybox creations always being far too janky and limited, and I've just given up on the whole damn mess.

I'm still holding out for Indiana Jones (speaking of which, Kathleen Kennedy confirmed an Indiana Jones sequel is in the works).