Double Fine Action Forums
Chyron

Star Wars - May The Thread Be With You

We could do an Indiana Jones movie all about him being too old to remember what he's looking for.

Indiana Jones and the..... uh....

Edited by Noname215

I guess what I don't like about the name is that it implies that there will not be another cannon Jedi. I think Ray will probably be the last Jedi until there's another one. I'm actually sort of optimistic about the actual movie. Even episode 7 could've been 50% better if they edited out a couple of really awful lines, which everyone watching it knew were awful, the writers and whoever forced some of those lines had to physically cringe when they saw it. Rogue One got a lot of things right to.

https://youtu.be/yJbMdo0NyQw

Like you could take 20 seconds out of that and it would go from unbearable and movie-ruining to a pretty cool scene. Also Finn could've been written better but he's redeemable. My point is that these things are minor that they can get right.

There's no way to guess what it implies. However, the strongest possibility is that it's simply referring to Luke Skywalker in the way that Snoke did in TFA by calling him "the last Jedi". It doesn't necessarily mean there won't be any more Jedi. He's just the last Jedi right now.

What lines were so bad in that scene? The only scene that kind of made me squirm a bit was the first scene where Lor San Tekka says "To me she is royalty" and Poe says "She is that." What an utterly useless line. Other than that I had no problem with anything.

Edited by MusicallyInspired

55 minutes ago, MusicallyInspired said:

There's no way to guess what it implies. However, the strongest possibility is that it's simply referring to Luke Skywalker in the way that Snoke did in TFA by calling him "the last Jedi". It doesn't necessarily mean there won't be any more Jedi. He's just the last Jedi right now.

What lines were so bad in that scene? The only scene that kind of made me squirm a bit was the first scene where Lor San Tekka says "To me she is royalty" and Poe says "She is that." What an utterly useless line. Other than that I had no problem with anything.

You mean "last" as in previous? I hadn't thought of that.

The one that I was referring to specifically was Poe's "who talks first?" I thought it was stupid, lacked subtlety and wasn't a place where comic relief was necessary. I'm also rooting for the character to get killed now.

I posted on another forum about how I don't like Luke's new beardy look in this new trilogy because whereas Alec Guinness looked classy with his facial fuzz in the original trilogy.  Luke, on the other hand is more like...

dirty luke.jpg

...Alec "I wish I could afford a" Guinness.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Further discussion of this subject, brought up the fact that the ending of The Force Awakens was filmed in Ireland and naturally comparisons of Luke to Father Jack ensued.  Which is why I made this...

Star Wars - The Kraken Awakens

Edited by Right Said Brett

1 hour ago, Noname215 said:

We've asked how Superman is able to shave. Do Jedi just use the lightsaber?

Yes, providing it's a Mach 3 lightsabre.  You don't even want to know the mess that one of those cheap, supermarket brand lightsabres causes.  Suffice to say, heads will quite literally roll.

I think we can imagine. But it's nothing compared to a lightsaber-powered Brazilian wax:

IMG_2200.JPG

Edited by Noname215

1 minute ago, Noname215 said:

Yousa in deep du-du, humble servant Anni.

It's a hard-knock life for us!
It's a hard-knock life for us!

'Stead of being elated, younglings get grated!

'Stead of being with our bride, we get fried!

It's a hard-knock life!

Just now, Noname215 said:

Well, it's good to have you back Eddie.

D'awww.  Thanks, buddy.  Just for another hour or so I'm afraid though, then I'm disappearing back off into the ether of the online depraved.

Back to your mother's basement, where you shall find a cardboard box containing a glitter bomb, but instead of glitter it's full of fleas and body hair I shaved off after going for a jog.

23 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

Back to your mother's basement, where you shall find a cardboard box containing a glitter bomb, but instead of glitter it's full of fleas and body hair I shaved off after going for a jog.

Why, thank you!  How in blazes did you find out what my very particular and unusual fetish was?!  I'm itching at the bit to roll around in your makeshift "glitter"; though obviously not as much as I'll be itching once I get those fleas up in my crevices.  Pure bliss.

Yeah but no one actually confirmed it until the Spanish/French versions of the poster got put out.

On 1/26/2017 at 3:54 PM, MusicallyInspired said:

A laughed quite heartily.

16265733_10155018013118760_8969831907218882056_n.jpg

What??

I don't get it.

On 1/25/2017 at 4:49 PM, Noname215 said:

We've asked how Superman is able to shave. Do Jedi just use the lightsaber?

On the former, Lois and Clark actually showed him using his heat vision in a mirror to shave his face.  I don't recall ever seeing Jedi shaving, but considering they're not invulnerable, shaving shouldn't be a problem for them.

17 minutes ago, Jenni said:

On the former, Lois and Clark actually showed him using his heat vision in a mirror to shave his face.  I don't recall ever seeing Jedi shaving, but considering they're not invulnerable, shaving shouldn't be a problem for them.

He did that in the Superman cartoon as well.

People talk all about how George Lucas screwed up the original trilogy with all the post-release additions and edits, but none of those piss me off than Walter Hill's Ultimare Director's Cut of The Warriors. He took an already perfect cult film and added in comic book panels and transitions and some cartoon intro about the Battle of Thermopylae. I was pissed. After that I went searching high and low for the original cut on DVD, back from 2001. Getting your hands on that is harder than trying to get a DVD of the theatrical cut of A New Hope (luckily, I have the original trilogy on VHS before the edits were made).