Double Fine Action Forums
Chyron

Star Wars - May The Thread Be With You

51 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

It was creative differences. I did say it was for the same reason Lord & Miller quit.

It was his stupid first name I tell ya. Kennedy never met a Colin she didn't dislike.

Β 

21 minutes ago, epic said:

Sigh, when I saw that the thread got a new reply, I was hoping to see a new Last Jedi trailer since we're only 3 months away.

I'm actually fine if they don't do one and just let the TV spots be the teaser from earlier this year. The mystery of this film is all the hype I need.

I admit to being kinda relieved Trevorrow bowed out. Jurassic World was okay to watch, but after leaving the theater I just couldn't get over a lot of things about that movie. It's kinda crazy to me that a movie in 2015 will have worse female representation than one from 1993. I guess it happens all the time with loads of other movies, but rarely in the same series.Β 

1 hour ago, Alcoremortis said:

I admit to being kinda relieved Trevorrow bowed out. Jurassic World was okay to watch, but after leaving the theater I just couldn't get over a lot of things about that movie. It's kinda crazy to me that a movie in 2015 will have worse female representation than one from 1993. I guess it happens all the time with loads of other movies, but rarely in the same series.Β 

Different decade, different writers. Sattler was based off a character from a book and Crichton might not be the paragon of complex women characters, but he did a decent job at it, Howard's character is wholly original creation from writer's who don't have Crichton's penchant for character writing. Howard's character was definitely a step back from Sattler. But Pratt's is as well from such greats as Grant or Malcolm.

In general I just feel like Jurassic World is a fun watch that falls short of everything the original film did, but so do all of the other sequels so...

As for Trevorrow, I don't blame him for World, he made a movie I enjoyed in the moment, and it's generally unoffensive to me. Safety Not Guaranteed is indeed great. But I'm not disturbed by him leaving the film. I think Disney can do better with who they have onboard the last film in this trilogy.

17 hours ago, Tiny Dust! said:

I'm actually fine if they don't do one and just let the TV spots be the teaser from earlier this year. The mystery of this film is all the hype I need.

^ This.

Edit: Wrong thread.Β 

Edited by CecilRousso

...I'm okay with this. Episode VII wasn't super original, but it was enjoyable enough to watch. There was a small part of me that was hoping for Patty Jenkins, but she got snapped up quick for the Wonder Woman sequel.

Is this trailer safe? I've been getting multiple reports (including from the director) that it's very spoilery. I'm afraid to watch it...and seeing it's only a couple months away, the wait might be worthy it. I've already unfollowed several FB groups...

An observation about the TFA trailers - there was a lot less character/setting/story context going in, so spoilers wouldn't have been as evident as spoilers.

I think perhaps seeing this new TLJ trailer already knowing the characters and their trajectories at the end of the preceding film, it's a lot easier to intuit plot points from what's shown. YMMV

Whatever I broke down and just watched it. Not so bad for me (and I hate spoilers), though I can see how others may want to skip it for a couple months. Interesting stuff.

I haven't watched the trailer. I don't think I want to because I really prefer not to be spoiled.

It's nothing really spoilery. Nothing on the levels of Batman vs Superman or Terminator Genesys.....I wouldn't think so, anyway. MAYBE the scene at the very end, but even I don't mind that.

On 4/21/2015 at 7:17 AM, Noname215 said:

Indiana Jones has [...] Sean Connery for a dad

As opposed to Darth James Earl Jones?

9 hours ago, Chyron said:

As opposed to Darth James Earl Jones?

I had to go back and revisit that 2015 quote just to see that I was talking about whether or notΒ Han Solo was a better character than Indiana Jones.