Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SHODANFreeman

Steam Badges / Trading Cards

Do you collect Steam badges?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you collect Steam badges?

• Yes, I've spent my life savings on them.
    • Yes, for games I really like.
    • No, I don't see the point
    • No, I sell all my cards for massive profits.
    • Shut up everyone, I hate Steam.
    • How can airborne heated water vapor have badges? Are you drunk?

I have one question. Why do people spend real money on Steam badges? I mean, I've made over $80 selling these things, but I still don't understand the appeal of them.

I get badges for games I really like, but I sell the rest. Any of the cards I have bought were purchased with money made from selling other cards, and overall I've still made a pretty good profit.

I'm one of those people who just doesn't see the point. I tend to play games for fun, not for farming (although I will often play for achievements, but that's just my GoCD* playing up), so badges and cards hold no appeal to me whatsoever, though I can see why they might for others.

]*GoCD = Gaming OCD. It's a thing, dammit.

Yeah I don't understand it either. I grabbed a couple badges for the heck of it, but the cards are essentially free money for me and I am 100% ok if that is all this feature amounts to in the future.

I only collect cards for games I'm playing anyway, but completed a few sets out of curiosity. I'm pretty neutral to it. It's cool that crafting gives vouchers though. If only I had remembered to use any of them before they expired.

Sign in to follow this