Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bidiot Bales

Amnesia fortnight 2013

According to Tim on Twitter:

We are doing it again but might move when it happens.

I'm guessing they want to finish Broken Age Part 1 first. Or maybe they are planning to combine it with an announcement about last year's AF-projects.

I would love for them to handle it the same way as last year. The streams were fun and I really enjoyed the prototypes. Especially Black Lake, The White Birch and Hack and Slash.

Some thoughts:

1) Take video pitches from the fan universe for Amnesia Fortnight 2013. Top 4 or 5 pitches (as voted on by the community get chosen as projects for AF)

2) Have a prelaunch or wrap party involving fans.

3) T-Shirts!

According to Tim on Twitter:
We are doing it again but might move when it happens.

I'm guessing they want to finish Broken Age Part 1 first. Or maybe they are planning to combine it with an announcement about last year's AF-projects.

I'd love to see something happen with one of those.

I really really hope they do this openly again! Was so much fun

I'd gladly buy another Humble Bundle Amnesia pack if needed!

But if they do it, please this year make the voting results hidden until the end - felt like a lot of ideas didn't get votes lats year cause you could see that others were way ahead in total votes...

I'd love this to happen the way it did last year.

DF does seem to have several ambitious projects going on already, so it will be interesting to see how they fit in AF. It'd show great dedication to brainstorming creative new ideas if it happens.

...and dang, I just got reminded to buy the Amnesia Fortnight set. Have the games already, but would love a bluray of the series...

2 suggestions for next AF:

-Keep votes hidden.

-Limit votes. (to maybe 5 or ten votes)

I think it'd also be nice if the order in which the pitches were displayed was randomized. That would prevent pitches that would have been at the bottom of the list being disadvantaged because people get impatient and make up their minds before they look through all of them.

Of course, that's assuming the next AF is done like the last one.

Weren't they displayed randomly last year? I thought they were.

They might have been, but I think the votes being public likely undermined its benefit. For some reason, some people will just vote for whatever's getting the most votes instead of making their own decisions.

Yeah, I definitely agree that hiding the votes is a good idea. I believe the public votes is what ruined it for Silent But Deadly.

Actually, quick question regarding the 2012 box set?

...is that still a preorder? Because the store says that it's a preorder.

Like Tim said it's definitely public again, we're just so busy with Broken Age and other projects that it might have to be pushed back a bit. But it'll still happen!

wornoldhat: Whoops, yes that is a mistake! It's not a preorder anymore.

So in other words not so likely to be an Amnesia Fortnight 2013 as an Amnesia Fortnight 2014 then?

Like Tim said it's definitely public again, we're just so busy with Broken Age and other projects that it might have to be pushed back a bit. But it'll still happen!

wornoldhat: Whoops, yes that is a mistake! It's not a preorder anymore.

That AF doesn't quite fit the schedule is totally understandable, considering you also announced Hack'n'Slash on top everything else (DFA, MC, DF9 off the top of my head).

AF2012 was a goldmine of projects. It was really fun to follow the process. :-)

Can't wait for AF2014. :-D

Please have 2PP document it again. 2012's was possibly even better than the DFA docco, if that's possible.

Sign in to follow this