Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GrimGiraffe

The Cave on Ouya

Back in February it was announced that The Cave would be coming to Ouya. Have there been any updates on this? An ETA perhaps? Thanks!

I am not able to get this to install on OUYA. The download finishes, and it says installing, then... nothing. I just have the option to download again.

Tried a couple times on external storage. Thought maybe that was the issue to I cleared space on internal storage. Tried to install a couple more times. Rebooted the machine. Still no go.

Anybody else having problems?

It seems some sort of DRM has been applied which does not allow us to install to external drives.

...which is kind of strange since the folks at OUYA have stated very clearly that external drives can't be used to transfer installs from one OUYA to another.

I now have only 1.2 Gbs of space left, that's not acceptable. I've got a rather large thumdrive that's working perfectly (with quadruple the storage space as the OUYA's internal drive). Why the hell should I be forced to install to the interal drive only?

EDIT: oh yeah, folks are reporting that you can't even install this to the internal drive if you're rooted. Okay, I guess I can understand that. But my OUYA is not rooted - and I simply want to install it to my exteranal drive to conserve precious space on the internal drive.

Thanks.

Thanks so much for porting this to OUYA. Have had a lot of fun playing it over the last few days. I also think it would be great to be able to transfer this to an external drive as it is so big! Another thing I would like to see in a future update would be multilayer capability like there is on the XBOX version. Thanks again for doing this you guys are the coolest. :-)

It seems some sort of DRM has been applied which does not allow us to install to external drives.

...which is kind of strange since the folks at OUYA have stated very clearly that external drives can't be used to transfer installs from one OUYA to another.

I now have only 1.2 Gbs of space left, that's not acceptable. I've got a rather large thumdrive that's working perfectly (with quadruple the storage space as the OUYA's internal drive). Why the hell should I be forced to install to the interal drive only?

EDIT: oh yeah, folks are reporting that you can't even install this to the internal drive if you're rooted. Okay, I guess I can understand that. But my OUYA is not rooted - and I simply want to install it to my exteranal drive to conserve precious space on the internal drive.

Thanks.

It's not DRM, it's just a bug. The Ouya people are looking into it. Did you read somewhere that it was DRM? If so, let us know so we can contact the source and clarify.

It installs just fine now, even on an external drive, as long as you also have plenty of internal storage left.

Unfortunately the game is very buggy for me. Don't know if this is an Ouya-only issue. I got stuck in the stone right at the first pit just by climbing out of it towards the right so I had to restart. I couldn't do that cleanly though because the game hangs on the exit screen. Then I could play for a while but when I applied the handle to the broken well, the game just crashed. I didn't start over then and given that I can't save anyway that would only be frustrating even if the crash didn't occur every time.

Hey!

After today's OUYA update I moved the cave to an external usb and it works great! I have experienced no bugs. It's running beautifully for me. Would still love to see multiplayer ;).

Hey!

After today's OUYA update I moved the cave to an external usb and it works great! I have experienced no bugs. It's running beautifully for me. Would still love to see multiplayer ;).

After the update, the Save/Exit screen seems to work .... better. The buttons now actually do something. Unfortunately, the exit buttons exits the game but still doesn't save. I don't know if the demo is supposed to be unsaveable but if this should be a bug, I feel uncomfortable spending five bucks on a game I can't save :/

Sign in to follow this