Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
this_guy

Lets discuss idea's for the airlocks.

The Airlock has a lot of problems. I think we've all seem them if we've played it long enough. The AI seem to move in and out at wrong times and people stack on top of each other while moving through. Obviously these are just minor "work in progress" type problems and I'm sure it will be fixed as soon as a developer/programmer has time. However I wanted to discuss how people think the airlock should work. I feel like there needs to be a line inside and out for people who want to get through. That way having a larger airlock or multiple airlocks would be a good idea. Then you could program the AI to give priority to characters running low on oxygen. What do you guys think?

I only encountered one problem with the airlock itself. On occasion a security officer would be patrolling and a astronaut would leave/enter, temporarily suffocating the security officer.

I think they just need to make it so that people don't hang out or patrol airlocks unless requested or should make it so that people can take off their suits in other rooms or something. Think like a 2 layered door, you have the room where the air lock doors are and then onces it's done they can move to the room with the space suit lockers. THat way you keep people from getting undressed getting caught in the vacume and from patrolling air lock door space.

I agree with all your suggestions. Until such time though, I agree building several airlocks next to each other, so more than one person can enter and exit at a time, as in the attached image.

sprite.jpg

sprite.jpg.320a627522e277c92793f1103d058

A warning light that comes on in there that tells whoever is in there "Air-pressure is about to be removed" might solve the issue. I wonder if the spacefolk are eventually going to collide.

I had 4 people stuck outside of an airlock in the same space, they were all eventually asphyxiated, it was a pretty big bummer.

Sign in to follow this