• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Bluntie

Post your Spacebases!

hehe and i dont like yours, its too non borg in its design, too concentrated. ;)

also, double walls protect against docking now?

hehe and i dont like yours, its too non borg in its design, too concentrated. ;)

If the enemy cant see any vulnerable, there wont be any hostile dockings. Most of the time. I've seen enemys dock with airlocks before.

If the enemy cant see any vulnerable, there wont be any hostile dockings. Most of the time. I've seen enemys dock with airlocks before.

granted it was back in alpha 3 but ships docked fine when i built double walls, but then again back then we had ramming ships.

Yup I hadn't had even one docking attempt since then...

...And of course it it too concentrated for you, Pinkman!

Only a Heisenberg can reach 99,9% purity! Deal with it!

... Oh yeah... SCIENCE, BITCH! xD

I have decided to make a smaller base with a focus on meeting the morale needs rather than looking cool ;)

This one is going well, but I still want to try and get a bet to assign to every citizen, but derelicts are showing up very infrequently so I can;t get the matter I need just yet ;)

BTW I think I have finally adjusted to the new Alpha and the base is mostly stable now!

Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 8.27.09 pm.png

578d007e935af_ScreenShot2014-09-12at8.27

I have decided to make a smaller base with a focus on meeting the morale needs rather than looking cool ;)

This one is going well, but I still want to try and get a bet to assign to every citizen, but derelicts are showing up very infrequently so I can;t get the matter I need just yet ;)

BTW I think I have finally adjusted to the new Alpha and the base is mostly stable now!

That is not exactly true. Those hallways are actually unnecessary and your base will be in a huge trouble if a meteorit hits the floor and creats a break in it.

X-shape hallways with a lot of doors is a bad idea, because single hull breach will blocade all dependent rooms. Additional bulkheads is always a good solution and they will not reduce speed of your crew anyway significant.

Surprised this one is still functional, I ended up cannibalizing a couple raider "ships" that docked to my base, and had intended to try to keep the two airlocks in the center to avoid that nasty pathing bug where they'll head to the furthest airlock possible, but what I had envisioned in my head looked kind of like a swastika after a while so I abandoned it and have just been tinkering with various ideas. Only one of the pubs seems to get anything stuck in it's fridge despite both setups essentially being mirrored. Another thing I did was create single cell brig zones to try to debug my angry citizens, and isolate them if need be, or keep them awake if falling asleep somehow triggered anger. It's got pretty decent turret coverage, although lately I haven't had a friendly ship stop by so I'm using raiders to expand my population now, so turrets are actually getting in the way now, it'd be nice if they had a stun setting. Lastly, I had to stick a couple turrets in the brig in case I couldn't reform any repeat offenders, I'm happy to say I only had to chuck one citizen into the refinery so far, seems like I made an example out of him...

2014-09-12_00001.jpg

2014-09-12_00001.jpg.13c52f9f292bcf5a74c

D1IyZPK.jpg

im building a habitat ring to get enough beds for everyone...

Isn't that pub way to small and has oxygen issues?

no, most iv seen in there is 80 ppl and o2 went between 80 and 92% wile i watched..

Very, very strange.... Do you also rely on food replicators, or is this pub just running so fast, because there is basically on pathway (one fridge and stove site) which should save a lot of time for the pathfinding...

I even lost a little bit of fun playing this game, because my game starts to run so slow with so many people.... but maybe it's because I am kind of a perfectionist who tries to keep the oxygen level at 94% at the pub xD

Do you also rely on food replicators, or is this pub just running so fast, because there is basically on pathway (one fridge and stove site)

there are five stoves and 7 fridges and 1 food replicator in the pub, iv never seen all the tables full for very loong since expanding it last, with 30 bartenders it works like a charm. i also have 1 food replicator in every room.

Ahhh... okay the food replicators do the deal. Well, maybe a good idea since pubs suck so much ^^ I wonder if you really need pubs... or if you are able to rely just on replicators as when you just have started the base....

Do replicators need matter to produce food?

For whatever it's worth, Broker, I've always found that a single, relatively small Pub with lots of staff is always better for my bases than multiple Pubs, and/or gigantic Pubs.

The one time I saw oxygen problems because of this -- in all the times I've been doing it this way -- building a Life Support zone somewhere in the same general area as the Pub solved the issue. I just needed to put more oxygen into the general region.

The good thing about one, smaller, centralized Pub is that it's always busy, and the citizens always seem to know where to go.

Every time I've tried to build a gigantic pub, or built more than one Pub, the Pubs tend to stand idle while the citizens and the Bartenders get confused about which one they want to use. I've had citizens starve to death this way.

For whatever it's worth,

Cheers,

LL

For whatever it's worth, Broker, I've always found that a single, relatively small Pub with lots of staff is always better for my bases than multiple Pubs, and/or gigantic Pubs.

The one time I saw oxygen problems because of this -- in all the times I've been doing it this way -- building a Life Support zone somewhere in the same general area as the Pub solved the issue. I just needed to put more oxygen into the general region.

The good thing about one, smaller, centralized Pub is that it's always busy, and the citizens always seem to know where to go.

Every time I've tried to build a gigantic pub, or built more than one Pub, the Pubs tend to stand idle while the citizens and the Bartenders get confused about which one they want to use. I've had citizens starve to death this way.

For whatever it's worth,

Cheers,

LL

I know that xD

I have a gigantic pub and it is always really, really busy. And of course it is only one. I am just a little bit confused that so many people on such small space don't use all the oxygen, but it seems like the size of the base and the replicators make the base survive... which is quite interesting if you think about avoiding building pubs ^^

as i see it, multiple pubs are bugged, bartenders always go mostly to one of them leaving the other under staffed but at the same time bartenders do jobs in both pubs meaning lots of unnecessary travel time.

Small pubs are great, i try to only expand as much as there is need going by how much the standing tables are occupied

large pubs only work if you have enough bartenders working them or they grow unhappy and suffer pathing stupidity.

Here's my epic base ... about to start a new one, but wanted to share this design. It's worked spectacularly well for me.

SpaceBaseDF9-Base.png

SpaceBaseDF9-Base.png.a738be96cda5cb102e