Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cmdr Skittles

Suggestion: Force Field generators

I saw in the dev plan that there were plans for shields to protect the outside of the base but what about force fields for inside the base?

Similar to sci-fi series such as Star Trek, there should be force field systems in which hull breaches can be sealed and to be used to protect key systems.

Room: Force Field Generator

Role: Provides space for force field generators that will automatically seal hull breaches with a forcefield, preventing oxygen and crew from being sucked out into space. Force fields will also be able to be applied to doors and equipment to give them extra protection from attackers.

FF Generators will drain power and condition while force fields are activated. When a generator reaches destroyed condition while force fields are still up, it will not only drop all force fields that are connected to it but also overload causing massive explosion.

I like this, it needs a time limit though, in all those sci-fi shows there's always some kind of countdown to a bigger disaster after they deal with a huge threat. Wouldn't it be thrilling to see your construction workers scrambling to patch up a breach before the base is decompressed or the generator explodes?

Nice - and something that'll use the currently nonfunctional reactors well I think, introducing another element of load-balancing into the game that you'll have to calculate and run carefully.

That is definitely going to be the most unstable piece of machinery on the base. At least if the game is gonna stay interesting.

Sign in to follow this