Sign in to follow this  
dangeROSS

What are you playing?

Recently picked up Monster Hunter 2(Import) once more, largely thanks to the recent Monster Hunter 3 trailer that was revealed at TGS. However, I completed it many moons ago, and am merely seeking to claim all of the armour and weapons sets that I had originally sought. Which is proving challenging.

Not yet fully come to grips with Burnout, which I have found surprisingly lacking. An acquaintance had a copy which I played and loved, which I why I suggested it to Bookdust; yet now that I own it - the enjoyment interest has all but dissipated.

Ahhh, Mega Man legends. One of my fav. games ever.

Which Burnout are you playing? I heard Revenge was kinda cool.

I've got the full version of AudioSurf. It can be really good with the right song, but sometimes it totally fails to find the rhythm.

Just recently got round to playing Dawn of War. It's good.

Which Burnout are you playing? I heard Revenge was kinda cool.

It is the latest rendition - Burnout: Paradise. The last Burnout title I played prior to Paradise was Takedown(3) and that was rather charming. Yet for some reason or another - Paradise seems to have lost something, yet I can not place my finger upon it. It is by no means a 'bad' game, there just appears to be some key element missing.

Perhaps my interest in games is merely waning; either that or I have grown far more particular with games as I have aged. ;-P Out of the eight current generation titles I own: I have only really enjoyed two of them, Skate and GTAIV. LittleBIGPlanet is out in just over a week, which I am already in love with. Yet I suppose I shall just have to be more meticulous with my trials/play tests before opting to purchase titles.

I feel like I am due Bookdust an apology. Sorry. :roll:

Thankfully it was a rental, the pain of Burnout will be forgotten shortly though as Fable II is out on the 21st. And I'll finally have game to be a excited about again. I still enjoy Oblivion and GTA IV, but the once shiny newness has worn away and I'm left with a warm intimate glow of familiarity were passionate infatuation once lived.

Masq said: Perhaps my interest in games is merely waning; either that or I have grown far more particular with games as I have aged. - I feel the same way lately. Kinda a bummer, huh?

I played the demo for that Burnout. It seemed alright. I don't know if I'd like the free-roaming aspect of it as much. I just liked the crashes in the others. The only racing series I ever really got into was the Rush series on the 64 and the one that came to Dreamcast. Those games were a blast to me.

Orangutang, that's a tough choice my friend. I think I'd pick Fallout 3, even though I've never played that series the game looks really interesting. Eh, but so does Fable 2. It's going to be a crowded holiday season for games. But I don't think I'll play any of those bad boys until they are on the cheap side.

I got to the last boss in Condemned 2, and gave up after not being able to press my triggers in a QTE quick enough to beat him. So very,very lame. I hate QTE's. Which brings me to God of War which I gave in and tried a bit yesterday. I had never played the series before, and I wasn't prepared for the QTE-ness. But I do think it looks like it will be a fun game.

But now that Condmened is out of the way, I feel I should go back to the 'ole Fatal Frame for some supa scary Halloween playing.

Yea, Dead Space just jumped onto my radar a couple hours ago which just made it a REALLY HARD DECISION.

- I feel the same way lately. Kinda a bummer, huh?

That it is. Especially when games cost in excess of $70 here and our consoles cost almost double that of Americans.

I played the demo for that Burnout. It seemed alright. I don't know if I'd like the free-roaming aspect of it as much. I just liked the crashes in the others. The only racing series I ever really got into was the Rush series on the 64 and the one that came to Dreamcast. Those games were a blast to me.

Yes, the free-roam aspect can be rather wearisome. Having to drive around what is essentially a state to find races/challenges at junctions can grow long in the tooth, especially considering there appears to be no clear indication as to which junction you have already visited; resulting in a "practice run"(does not count as a win) that you appear to be unable to exit.

I got to the last boss in Condemned 2, and gave up after not being able to press my triggers in a QTE quick enough to beat him. So very,very lame. I hate QTE's. Which brings me to God of War which I gave in and tried a bit yesterday. I had never played the series before, and I wasn't prepared for the QTE-ness. But I do think it looks like it will be a fun game.

Heh. Yes, I think QTE's are the bane of many. I know Resident Evil 4 became a headache very early on because of them, especially during boss fights.

I can see the merits of God Of War, having played the first one, but it felt as thought it were trying to emulate Devil May Cry too much, which was a game I did not enjoy for similar reasons. While I understand Action must be that "action" I feel it demands a strong narrative to encourage the player. Sadly, for myself, both games lacked a worthwhile story free of cliche's which left naught but a bad taste in my mouth. Still, I know that many love them.

I have heard that Condemned II can cause a great deal of motion sickness. Have you perhaps encountered that?

Dead Space is fun, I haven't beaten it yet though. I'll make my feelings on it known once I beat it. So far, though there's a lot more platformer-ness than I thought there would be.

I just got my hands on Clock Tower 3 a few days ago. Nice I'm finally getting to play it (I also tried getting fatal Frame 2, but EBgames zip code location search is a dirty liar).

The game isn't very scary. Has some tense parts, but not that creepy. However, the second part has its momets. Not only does it have one of the more distrubing murder scenes in a game that I've seen (OMFG SURVIVAL HORROR FAN!), but just the fact that that guy is based off a real peron and event (including name, outfit, and technique) is what gets to me. If that was fictional, I think I'd be able to be more okay with it, but the fact that it DID happen is a bit uneasing. Sure, those victims were fictional, but the bad dude sure wasn't.

EDIT: Also, I had a nightmare about that guy last night too. He was chasing me trying to do the whole "kill me with a pipe, drink my blood, and throw me in the vat of acid" thing, but I distracted him with a slice of pizza and ran off. He kind of caught on to me though, five minutes after he had been smashing the peperoni pizza slice all over his gas mask. :(

Thankfuly, I escape with both sets of my limbs! Maybe having that dream was due to the fact that I made referance of him being Rainbow Brite and he did not like such a thing? Who knows!

The SNES Clock Tower is the only one I've played, but they did a fantastic job of making it scary with such limited hardware to work with.

Speaking of scary games, I finally got my horrible buggy copy of Silent Hill 2 working yesterday with no sound glitches in the cutscenes causing James to shout I'M I'M I'M I'M I'M I'M I'M for the duration!

I was trying to get the Rebirth ending with all the occult crap on my second playthrough, but by the time I realized I had forgotten the fourth ritual object in the Otherworld Hotel reading room I was already downstairs and the elevator had exploded or something, so I couldn't go back and get it.

This seems to be a recurring problem with this series; I'll get very far into the game, and then realize that I've done something to completely screw myself over and make it so that I can't beat it right. I still haven't gotten past 3's last boss, the hauntings in room 302 don't let you regenerate your health after the halfway point so SH4 becomes impossible around the end of the second Water Prison visit, and I had to play the original game three goddamned times before I made it through with enough bullets and medkits to kill the mothman at the end.

The only up side is that Silent Hill games get progressively more terrifying the more times you play them. I don't know how this happens.

Ugh, I know what you mean about those games. The responing helath thing in 4 pissed me off too because of how it just STOPS. And then you get those dumb (yet strangly amusing) hauntings in your room that cause you damage. Next thing you know, you're out of those bloody health drinks and you have to find some boss. Also, the bullets and swords were helpful, but you never knew when to use them. I found it easy to melee the enemies, so I think I had an easier time conserving amo than other people I know did. It's just that I never knew if I should use a silver bullet/sword or not. I thought that ring ripoff hispanic chick would be easy to get around. Wrong. Finally on the final level I actually used one of my two damn bullets on her. She... was.... just so aggrivating. "HERE HAVE SOME OF MY GREASY HAIR IN YOUR FACE, DUR HUR HUR!"

Also, James stamering like that sounds hilarious! I can honestly imagine him doing that normaly. His dork powers tell me this.

Cynthia's by far the easiest of the unique victims; the harder one is the fat guy in the prison, partly because you actually have to kill him. Even with the pickaxe it takes forever. And then there's the twitchy rewind-ghost in the building world. I didn't even try to fight him, I just ran.

Also, you always get another Sword of Truth at the end of whatever level you're on, so you're free to go nuts with them.

I manged to knock down that ghost at the building level with bullets quickly. I figured he'd be a pain and just stabbed him with a sword then and there. Cynthia wasn't actually hard, but agrivated me because of how often she'd get in the way of things.

I'm playing Fable II... in 3 Days 22 Hours 11 minutes, give or take a few hours.

I shall be assassinating Peter Molyneux at approximately, the same time. Mercy can be bought with Dungeon Keeper, naught else.

North are a bunch of schoolboys at heart, and they have a sense of humour. They never said they made the world a better place.

Allow me to draw your attention to his:

"Stupidly, the ambition on this thing is I want you to measure this against any fighting game," he told Kikizo in an exclusive chat. "It's amazing for a role playing game, because most role playing games are ****! Oblivion was a great game, but the combat was rubbish; we all talked about it being rubbish. So imagine you had a great role-playing game and really, really good combat system."

The man needs to be silenced. His games can be enjoyable, yet he seems to be under the impression they are altering the face of the earth as we know it. He is an embarrassment to the industry and ought to listen to the pleas of many, and hush up.