Sign in to follow this  
dangeROSS

What are you playing?

Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy.

Hasn't aged well, sadly. The character models are very early-PS2 (you'd think they'd have updated them for the remaster, but nope), Daxter is still an annoying little s**t, the camera still sucks and there's NO SUBTITLES. Unforgivable.

Sounds about right. (Should have done Sly Cooper.) ;-)

heh did you also get Jak & Daxter collection in the PSN sale?

I bought Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank Collection. Maybe I should've switched one out for the Sly Cooper Collection

Hasn't aged well, sadly. The character models are very early-PS2 (you'd think they'd have updated them for the remaster, but nope), Daxter is still an annoying little s**t, the camera still sucks and there's NO SUBTITLES. Unforgivable.

Jak&Daxter; > Sly Cooper.

Jak&Daxter; is a lovely lovely game.

I still haven't beaten The Witcher 3 yet, waited for a patch, and then I had my vacation where I didn't have access to my gaming computer as much, but I recently got back into to it. And even after 70h, you can still find those great moments.

I've got one particular mission in the Skellige Islands, that I have postponed for some time. But instead of using quick travel to the location of the mission, I decided to ride there, just to see the views. And when I reached a village a short distance before the goal, I decided to stop, and walk into the taverna, to see if anything fund would happen. And in this particular tavern, I was approached by a couple of locals, who had decided that they didn't like foreigners like Geralt. But instead of beating them down, I tried to talk to them, and was approached by an elder local, who calmed down the situation, sat me down at the table, offered me a drink, and a Witcher contract. I haven't done that many of those, but I thought I would give this one a try. And while it was relatively short, and it was a really immersive one, with great atmosphere.

I would probably have gotten the same sequence and some pointers to it, I had read the notice board notice about the witcher contract, but it felt more dynamic like this.

Such a great game.

Jak&Daxter; > Sly Cooper.

I courteously but adamantly disagree. =]

heh did you also get Jak & Daxter collection in the PSN sale?
Nah, got it on disc. Always prefer to if possible. I'm old-school like that.

Incidentally, isn't the game selection menu lame? And also misleading? The CGI renders look WAY better than the games do.

Tried giving ye olde Afro Samurai a whirl earlier...

...seems like it could be a fun brawler...

...mashing buttons to stylishly dismember dudes is pretty fun....

...focus mechanic is pretty fun...

... but that camera...

...oh dear god...

...that terrible, terrible camera....

Playing XCom on my new phone.

It actually runs better on my phone than it does on my PC.

It's a pretty wonderful port. Fully featured and quite beautiful.

Why can't other companies port stuff over like this? We have Octa core phones now dammit.

I really like Infinifactory and want to play more, but I think I have officially hit the "I am too stupid to continue" line that one inevitably hits in a zachtronics game.

*edit*

Nevermind! When I last stopped playing, I was stumped by the relay satellite, but I'll be damned if I didn't just figure it out!

Lots of people did it in fewer cycles than me, but I've never cared about the efficiency contest of zachtronics games.

The Witcher 3 is beaten. 73h according to GOG Galaxy, and I did far far from everything in the game.

A game that's by no means without flaws. One example of that being that the last boss was a highlight reel of the limitations of the game engine, camera controll and movement/combat system.

But it's a masterpiece. An truly amazing acomplishment.

Played Talos Principle. Liked it quite a lot. Playing Kerbal Space Program now.

Smiles

Rayman 2 on the PSone.

It's really not a very good port. I'd be sort-of OK with it if the items didn't only appear when you get close to them. Oh, and the camera didn't suck. That would help too.

Far Cry 4. The shooting is wonky, but I hope it improves as I progress through the game.

Sly Cooper I.

Bleh. One hit kills suck balls. Had to go and farm lives. PLEASE tell me the sequels got rid of them.

Oh, and that Mz. Ruby boss fight? Yeah, that can f**k right off. An entire boss fight of nothing but QTEs? Yeah, NO.

Sly Cooper I.

Bleh. One hit kills suck balls. Had to go and farm lives. PLEASE tell me the sequels got rid of them.

Oh, and that Mz. Ruby boss fight? Yeah, that can f**k right off. An entire boss fight of nothing but QTEs? Yeah, NO.

You sound as game-grumpy as the usual me. xD

I actually never played Sly 1. Just 2 and 3. Sly 2 was pretty good, but Sly 3 is where they really mastered it.

There is a health meter and health pickups in Sly 3 (and I'm pretty sure also in Sly 2 but don't remember as clearly). You can get health pickups as random drops from defeating common enemies or by breaking environmental objects. There are still rare situations where you can get insta-killed by certain kinds of perils (e.g. falling into certain pits etc), but it is pretty rare. Just regular enemies don't one-shot kill you, though, no. You have a health meter, have the ability to fight, and of course have the ability to baffle and confuse enemies with decoys and smoke bombs and things. Not sure how much of that is in Sly 1.

PLEASE tell me the sequels got rid of them.

Don't know about the lives, but they added a life system instead of the one hit thing. I hate one hits.

The blue meter in the top left of this screen is a life meter. The orange part at the bottom is a sort of MP meter for the upgradeable gadgets and special abilities:

large.jpg

Back on No Mercy, I made Brick Of Man-Butter and he looked very similar.

Need to decide what to play of what's left of my backlog.

Grim Fandango: Remastered - Beat the original version, but still in chapter 1 in this.

Invisible Inc - Played it for some hours, really liked it, but for some reason haven't beat it yet.

Massive Chalice - Only played it for a couple of hours. The Witcher 3 got in the way.

Metal Gear Solid V - Not my game, but I have access to it through Steam sharing.

Offworld Trading Company - Not touched yet.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Somewhere around 5h played. Pretty good, but The Witcher 3 got in the way.

Tales from the Borderlands - Summe sale purchase on GOG. Not tried it yet.

The Talos Principle - Played the demo, but haven't touched the full game yet.

PLEASE tell me the sequels got rid of them.

Don't know about the lives, but they added a life system instead of the one hit thing. I hate one hits.

Cool.

Oh, and it's technically NOT a one-hit kill thing in the first game, because you can collect lucky horseshoes that act as shields, either by finding the pick-ups in the wild (which is rare) or by collecting 100 coins. It... it's not the most effective health system in the world, and if you die... well, no shield for you. It's EVER so frustrating.

Glad to hear they did away with it in the sequels, it's really making the game a LOT harder than it should be and seriously limiting the amount of fun I'm having.

The Talos Principle - Played the demo, but haven't touched the full game yet.

This.

It's a prime candidate. My reservations about playing it right now, is that I've heard that it's a supringly long game, so that it might feel a bit too much coming from another long game (Witcher 3).

Talos Principle isn't that long. I fully completed it in 35 hours, and that includes going after all the collectable things, as well as lots of running around an exploring the map areas looking for secrets and just looking at the scenery in between puzzles, and reading everything. I enjoyed it a lot. It is likely to be a game that sticks with me, that I will think back on every now and again. I also picked up its DLC on sale, but haven't taken a stab at it yet.

Smiles

For me, 35h is a really long game. 10h is a long game. 4h is a medium game. 2h is a short game. I have veered towards the short length games for those that are not pure construction/puzzle lately.

I think it's a balance issue. There used to be a lot more perceived value in a long game because there weren't as many games on the market, so once you finished that game, you might have to wait a while.

But now you can't keep up with game releases even if every game was only 3 hours, so there is some value to a game not being as long, because it doesn't impede you getting to the next item on your list.

For me, 35h is a really long game. 10h is a long game. 4h is a medium game. 2h is a short game. I have veered towards the short length games for those that are not pure construction/puzzle lately.

Well I was replying to the dude who said he was playing Witcher 3 . I was using a relative comparison when I said the game is not long, silly. Witcher 3 has like 50 hours if you aren't doing sidequests like 100 or 150 if you want to do everything! ;)

Moreover, if you played Talos for just the puzzles, and didn't explore and read everything and unlock all the specials, you could get that down probably to like 20 hours. It's a nice game to play for a just a short while, taking on one or two puzzles.

Smiles

Welp. With a little bit of help I managed it. I've beaten Armikrog.

I thought it was a pretty good game. Very old-school, (quite tough for people like me that aren't so good at adventure games) and probably could have done with a little bit more variety in puzzles in honesty, but it's pretty good.

Hopefully the game is a success and a sequel or other game by Pencil Test is made.