Sign in to follow this  
dangeROSS

What are you playing?

Not much, to be honest. Work's been hitting really hard lately and a book deal, while fantastic, hasn't helped much for the "free time" department.

Currently I have Witcher 3, GTA V, and Wolf Among Us on my PS4. Enjoying all of them very much, but for the most part all I've had time for is a scenic cruise around GTA V.

Put a psp emulator on my ouya and played the bejebus out of powerstone 2 today. Iron Brigade, Pinball Fx 2, and Borderlands 2 on the 360 lately and recently got hooked on The Walking Dead game on the ipad (one really sux and the other official one is pretty sweet)

The very first Spyro the Dragon, since I've never actually played them before.

I'm enjoying it a surprisingly large amount.

The very first Spyro the Dragon, since I've never actually played them before.

I'm enjoying it a surprisingly large amount.

Ah, that game. I remember back in the day I just had a super nintendo still, but all the cool kids had an N64 and a playstation and etc etc, and I was still on the SNES.

The SNES is still the greatest console of all time of course.

But I stayed the night with a cousin once, and he let me play Spyro. He said it was pretty good, but there is a part he get stuck on and couldn't get past it. I start playing it. I do awesome. I get past the part he gets stuck on, and he insists that I keep playing because it's new territory. We start hot-seating it. We end up beating the whole game in one huge marathon binge session. Zero sleep was had that night. Nothing but Spyro from sun down to sun up.

So, Tales from the Borderlands is actually really really good. It's the Telltale formula of interactive novel rather then an actual game of course, but really well done. Great pacing, funny and some really impressive scenes. I really enjoyed the two episodes I've played so far. The characters are really like taken from an old LucasArts game, and you really want to see where this goes.

Metal Gear Solid V is a parody of itself though, where every single line of dialogue extremely cringeworthy. But it's pretty great to play as long as it doesn't get all Kojima and weird about it.

Megaman Legends.

Having a real blast with this. Stuck on the Bonne's Battleship though.

I have a good feeling I can beat this soon.

Broforce

And it is a really great game. Not perfect in terms of controls or balance, but damn enjoyable.

It's a simple idea, that does so many things right.

*The brodude jokes might be a bit silly and worn out for some, but the way they have designed the characters, and gradually introduce them, makes them work. Everytime you get a new one, you want to know how they work, since they play so differently.

*The lack of proper level design is compensated with the destruction and the emergent gameplay that it creates in combination with the different characters.

*The attention to silly details is great. From Bronan's Arnold scream, to Bro Norris roundhouse kicks.

*Everything is fast and slick, you might die often, but restarts are always just a second away.

*The first game in a long long time, where I enjoy the bosses.

I have played this during the early access, and I still end up playing longer then I have planned, each time I start it.

It's a stupid game, but stupid in a very lovely way.

Edit: GIF anim, because Chuck Norris*

985615.gif

*Shame that he seems to be a dick IRL.

I started giving Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure a try. It's got definite early PS2-era JRPG charm, so I'm really liking it for that, but so far it has two huge things working against it:

1) Camera careens around drunkenly and only moves horizontally (no vertical control or zoom).

2) Cutscenes are long, boring, frequent, and childish. This would be okay if they were at all skippable, but apparently there is absolutely no way to skip cutscenes, which is sorta unforgivable with how this game is going so far. It's not like its story is anything more than macguffin.

But I actually enjoyed the action RPG segments I got to play.

Started trying out this Pizza Express game I've heard so much about. It's not bad! I played it for a couple of hours tonight.

Playing Ni No Kuni earlier today...

NNK: "When your pets level up enough, they can morph into stronger pets with better parameters!"

Me: "Yesss!!!"

NNK: "But when they morph, they go all the way back to level one, so you have to level them up again from one."

Me: .....

NNK: "Have fun!!!"

Me: .... This is why JRPGs are dying.

Went back to playing EU4. One of the best purchases I've ever made.

Smiles

As per tradition, I played Costume Quest over the weekend. :)

Also Terraria.

Love Terraria, as always. One day I'll finally get all those fishing achievements.

Shovel Knight and Dragon Quest VIII.

Wife is playing Paper Mario.

Shovel Knight and Dragon Quest VIII.

Wife is playing Paper Mario.

All three of these choices make me so happy.

*tear*

Tales_of_Symphonia_case_cover.jpg

Started playing this one this weekend, having not played it before. Now here is a good old JRPG. I'm enjoying it greatly. I've played some of the Tales games after this one, but it is a pretty hit-or-miss series. Happy I decided to give this one a whirl.

I noticed instantly that the voice of Lloyd is the same person who does Max in Dark Cloud 2.

Started playing this one this weekend, having not played it before. Now here is a good old JRPG. I'm enjoying it greatly. I've played some of the Tales games after this one, but it is a pretty hit-or-miss series. Happy I decided to give this one a whirl.

I noticed instantly that the voice of Lloyd is the same person who does Max in Dark Cloud 2.

Symphonia is also available on PSN.

I also recommend Tales of The Abyss.

I also recommend Tales of The Abyss.

I played Abyss on PS2 waaaaaay back. I remember liking it okay, but I wasn’t a fan of a few of the characters (I remember there was, like, a girl who fought with a giant teddy bear or something. 2 japan 4 me.) But Symphonia definitely seems more similar to Abyss than some of the other Tales games I’ve played. I was trying to get into Vesperia a few months ago but remember hating its battle system for some reason. I can’t remember what my particular beef with it was, but I still have it and might have to try it again just to make sure I wasn’t just in grumpy mood that day. (It happens.)

A little more then an hour of Fallout 4.

Me too.

I look forward to playing it a couple of years on a laptop that can run it, and when it comes down in price.

Smiles

Me too.

I look forward to playing it a couple of years on a laptop that can run it, and when it comes down in price.

Smiles

So, you'll be playing it in about 2017?

Me too.

Smiles

So, you'll be playing it in about 2017?

Nah, more like 2277.

...and I'll play it when the PC build is considered stable. Since it's Bethesda we're talking about, he may beat me in that race.

I'm sure fans will have issues fixed in a few weeks just like 3. My real excuse is that I'm already playing a game with another to go, so I might as well just wait until there's a decent deal out on it.

Haven't encountered any breaking bug in the previous Bethesda games, on PC, so for me the risk of that wasn't any issue I took into consideration before purchase. The worst bug I encountered so far, was in New Vegas, and that was 40h into the game, where a sidequest would crash the game.

Price, not really an issue either. Getting what you want, when you want it, as an important factor in the price for me. And this space was now was a pretty good one, to play it for me, with Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and XCOM2 moved to next year.

DLC, don't know. I didn't even play the DLC packages for Fallout 3, and I thought the ones for New Vegas was worse the base game.

As for how Fallout 4 is playing, the first 74min showed some promising signs.

*Loved the OST, the main theme is really great.

*Everything in the design seem more personal now, with a greater detail to characters, items and locations then I would have thought.

*Finally some colours!

*The characters background explains why he/she actually can handle guns.

*Armour is split into more pieces now, that will make loot more fun, and enhance the customization options.

*The character creation tool is pretty cool, gives lots of options, and the faces look so much better then previous Bethesda games.

*I like the Power Armour change. Maybe it's not 100% lore compatible with older games, but it's more logic then before, where you could just stash into your backpack.

Not sure where I will land with the revamped levelling system where skill points is removed and perks has a higher focus, but I think I will like it. It will emphazie the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. points more.

Best Tales game ever. Abyss and Vesperia were decent despite the battle system. Don't bother with Symphonia 2, Graces f, zestiria and Xillia 1 & 2.

Bought the gamecube game back at launch, and back in August I bought the Chronicls edition for PS3. Harder bosses, few extra attacks, japanese voices + japanese voice for skits, more costumes, some minor changes in obtaining items, some models got updated, but most of the game is still SD, also the PS2 couldn't handle 60fps soo it was locked at 30fps, not sure why they kept 30fps for PS3