Sign in to follow this  
dangeROSS

What are you playing?

1500 Wii Points and worth every penny.
What's that in a real currency? Or am I going to have to break my vow of laziness and check on Steam?

North are a bunch of schoolboys at heart, and they have a sense of humour. They never said they made the world a better place.

Allow me to draw your attention to his:

"Stupidly, the ambition on this thing is I want you to measure this against any fighting game," he told Kikizo in an exclusive chat. "It's amazing for a role playing game, because most role playing games are ****! Oblivion was a great game, but the combat was rubbish; we all talked about it being rubbish. So imagine you had a great role-playing game and really, really good combat system."

The man needs to be silenced. His games can be enjoyable, yet he seems to be under the impression they are altering the face of the earth as we know it. He is an embarrassment to the industry and ought to listen to the pleas of many, and hush up.

You're seriously over-reacting, Will Wright is a genius, but the man makes broad claims in a manner similar to Monylux. But nobody complains even when these claims don't hold water. Molyneux only makes games for Microsoft, so if you don't even have an investment in what he says so don't listen and do the people who enjoy his madness a favor and hush up about him already.

You're seriously over-reacting, Will Wright is a genius, but the man makes broad claims in a manner similar to Monylux. But nobody complains even when these claims don't hold water. Molyneux only makes games for Microsoft, so if you don't even have an investment in what he says so don't listen and do the people who enjoy his madness a favor and hush up about him already.

Heh, I think you have taken this a touch too seriously. ;-P

Eternal Darkness!

It's pretty good. Control and acting are way, way, way above average for a horror game. Feels sort of weird not being able to move when I've got my dukes up, though.

Also, the monsters all sound like they're walking around on spaghetti feet and it's just really silly.

Mostly Guilty Gears XX thought I wish there was more people to play with. I have Gears of War for that reason alone. Working on Hardcore with a friend of mine from Austria at the moment threw co-op with her. Kind of just waiting for Fable 2 to come out, so at times been playing the card game that came with the pub games. Also waiting for Brutal Legends since I had that paid off before Fable 2 was. I really hate that you got to wait so long for the good games. I know it is only a couple of days for Fable 2 but it feels like more because of Brutal Legend.

Eternal Darkness!

It's pretty good. Control and acting are way, way, way above average for a horror game. Feels sort of weird not being able to move when I've got my dukes up, though.

Also, the monsters all sound like they're walking around on spaghetti feet and it's just really silly.

I love that game. Silicon Knights Masterpiece.

Kinda a late reply, my bad Masq.

That's what I thought about Burnout. I would just get bored looking for races and just say the heck with it.

I've only played maybe an hours worth of God of War so far. It looks interesting so far. I also managed to trade for a copy of Shadow of the Collusus. I'm looking forward to trying that as well.

I haven't ever really gotten motion sick with any first person games. But I have heard that can be a problem with some people. I did notice that even if you turn the crosshair option on for condemned they only appear if you have a gun. And since you don't have a gun a vast majority of the game, that might be a problem. From what I understand, sometimes the crosshairs can help people focus and not get as sick. I dunno if that might be a deal breaker there.

I'm looking forward to a time where we can all come on here and discuss how much fun Brutual Legend is. Someday, someday....

Played some of it at gamestop. Look like a lot of potential. Right now killing time with Guitar Hero demos since I finnally figured out what equals what on the regular xbox controler.

Kinda a late reply, my bad Masq.

That's what I thought about Burnout. I would just get bored looking for races and just say the heck with it.

Yes, I am not altogether certain what to make of it... my opinion appears to be dancing from one side to the other. ;-P The endless traversing seems to be my greatest bane. The irritable crash animations are also rather infuriating. Having an option to turn off the crashes and skipping directly to your re-spawn(with the crash penalty, of course) would have been nice. Yet such things are what Burnout was founded upon...

It is both enjoyable and tedious, at the same time.

I've only played maybe an hours worth of God of War so far. It looks interesting so far. I also managed to trade for a copy of Shadow of the Collusus. I'm looking forward to trying that as well.

Good interesting, or "where is this behemoth leading me," interesting? Shadow Of The Colossus is a rather joyous affair that I do not believe shall disappoint. I shall need to enforce Ico upon you at a later date, should Shadow Of The Colossus be to your liking.

I'm looking forward to a time where we can all come on here and discuss how much fun Brutual Legend is. Someday, someday....

I do not doubt that that day shall arrive before long...::achem::

Megaman 9.

This is actually a really good game. I've always hated Megaman, too, so this is a high letter of recommendation!

Shadow is one of the few games that goes towards the gaming as an art aspect. I wish I could play the game, just hope when the movie is made of it doesn't get treated like gum on the street like others.

Hey! I say Bees Knees every now and then. And cool beans. Old fashioned lexicon FTW!

I really want to get Fable 2 now. I also want to know more about Banjo and Kazooie.

I might jump on Burnout down the road. They released a ton of free downloadable stuff for it right? That's pretty impressive considering I thought EA would Nickle and Dime us to death.

God of War is certainly an impressive game in many respects. The graphics and the overall polish on it are nice. And it does seem like alot of effort was put into it I like the whole grandoise feeling of it. But I can't stand the tedious button mashing. I was getting carpanl Tunnel from it. The combat was just sooooo bleh to me. I got up until just about the end of Pandoras temple. I think I'm going to put it aside for a while. (as much as I hate doing that to games. Maybe just until my hand rests a bit)

I started up on Shadow the other day too. It's pretty darn cool. The sense of size and crazyness of everything is great. But HOLY CRAP does it have like the worst camera ever. What a pain in the bum. I hate it. And the controls. Why do you have a gauge for holding on to things? That sucks. And trying to actually control the horse? Blerghhh. I want to just easily ride around and enjoy the scenery. But noooo.

With all that said, I have been thinking about it. I've kinda enjoyed it so far. I'm up to the third collosi. I dunno if I have it in me to complete it. But it's certainly different.

Are they realling making a movie of Shadow of the Collusus?

Mega Man legends is the only true mega man game in my mind.

I like panzer dragoon orta.

I downloaded River City Ransom off the virtual console and then almost immediately regretted it when I tried a co-op game and it ran at half the speed it did in single player.

I know plenty of NES games that can handle tag teaming. What the hell, man, what the hell. I'd be less pissed off if RCR wasn't probably the best game on the system.

For a minute I thought I should have bought Double Dragon instead, but then I remembered the retarded NES port doesn't even have a co-op mode. They probably should have just called it Single Dragon.

Shadow? I swear by that game. I have the soundtrack and art book. The more times you play through that game, the better it gets.

I always liked lizard hunting and using tricks to kill the colossi. I've always hated the bird colossus, though. I can never hang onto it, and I've never been able to pull off falling from one wing to the other.

Anyway, so I just bought Silent Hill 2. Just thinking about the fact that it is now in my house gives me the jibblies. As a small (4'10"; 82 pounds) little girl who has no spine, no stomach, and NO horror experience of any kind, I'm gonna have to do a lottttt of thinkin' before I pop this game in.

But I'm playing Brawl right now, practicing for an upcoming tournament.

Also Monster Rancher Explorer, Viewtiful Joe, Alien Hominid, My Japanese Coach, and Crazy Taxi.

I almost cried at the game store last night.

Not because of the motherlode of great games I found...

but because of the nonstop giggling going on between the employees and I about Pyramid Head.

... I enjoy my trips to the game store.

I started up on Shadow the other day too. It's pretty darn cool. The sense of size and crazyness of everything is great. But HOLY CRAP does it have like the worst camera ever. What a pain in the bum. I hate it. And the controls. Why do you have a gauge for holding on to things? That sucks. And trying to actually control the horse? Blerghhh. I want to just easily ride around and enjoy the scenery. But noooo.

The camera can be rather tempestuous at times. Now, Agro is a beast many suffer under, yet the thing is: Agro's AI is rather intelligent and he shall steer and take care of himself, for the most part. For instance, if you leave the Shrine and head to the northern bridge, while holding X to gallop, as you approach the bridge: Agro shall navigate and steer himself across.

The game really asks for you to be in the wanderer's sandals and treat Agro as another being; rather than trying to wrestle with what first appears to be a twitchy AI. Once you learn not to fight him - it shall become easier. However, in wooded areas and such: ensure you are trotting and not cantering, as the AI shall find it easier to navigate the obstacles(trees etc.)

Heh, Shadow of the Colossus is essentially a platformer, so the grip/strength gauge works for the setup.

Zilla king, I strongly recommend you play Silent Hill 1 and 3 before you try 2. It's a bad game to start off with because you won't really know what Silent Hill IS. Plus, the only merit SH2 has is the story, since it never really does the horror thing very well. The atmosphere is more one of isolation than of ensnarement in a scary, oppressive hell like what the original game felt like.

So, unless you're extremely afraid of wandering around boring, dilapidated buildings for hours on end and pausing every few minutes to gun down a slow moving monster with buckshot, this game will probably not traumatize you very badly. I'll let you know right off the bat that it's much closer to creepy if you leave the radio off.

Furthermore, even though it's probably got the best story in the series, it only starts to come together and get awesome about 75% of the way into the game, which is easily six hours along the first time through. So, this is a game that requires you to already be a slavering fanboy of the series and be playing totally on the faith that it'll get good at some unspecified point in the future. Which it will, if you're patient enough. I wasn't, and ended up just reading the end of the story on GameFAQ's and ruining the entire thing forever. That's another thing, don't let anyone spoil the story for you. It's really one of the best narratives ever put in a game, despite the fact that half the cast are douchebags who I want dead. But yeah, definitely the weakest title in the series and not a good starting point.

Anyway I finally whittled down the lineup in Megaman 9 to just one robot master (Hornet Man), and I really can't stress enough how much Plug Man and Jewel Man's levels can go royally f*ck themselves.

Hey! I say Bees Knees every now and then. And cool beans. Old fashioned lexicon FTW!

I really want to get Fable 2 now. I also want to know more about Banjo and Kazooie.

I might jump on Burnout down the road. They released a ton of free downloadable stuff for it right? That's pretty impressive considering I thought EA would Nickle and Dime us to death.

God of War is certainly an impressive game in many respects. The graphics and the overall polish on it are nice. And it does seem like alot of effort was put into it I like the whole grandoise feeling of it. But I can't stand the tedious button mashing. I was getting carpanl Tunnel from it. The combat was just sooooo bleh to me. I got up until just about the end of Pandoras temple. I think I'm going to put it aside for a while. (as much as I hate doing that to games. Maybe just until my hand rests a bit)

With all that said, I have been thinking about it. I've kinda enjoyed it so far. I'm up to the third collosi. I dunno if I have it in me to complete it. But it's certainly different.

Are they realling making a movie of Shadow of the Collusus?

Mega Man legends is the only true mega man game in my mind.

I like panzer dragoon orta.

Got to say on Burnout that is very unlikely since EA owns the rights to Burnout. So I doubt there be much free stuff by them. Now Banjo I suggest preordering because you get the game as a free downloadable depending on where you do this. Other stores may have different offers, but it is the same idea as Pub Games for Fable in getting a code. Shadow is one of those few games as an artform deal. I wish it happened more often then it does, but it doesn't. Then again if it is good the sequals make people not look at it in the same way trying to bring back the same quality. Silent Hill is one of those series in my opion. Good solid start, but the squeals make it a pretty poor series though it does have some gems as well in there.

I played Collusus a bit more. I slowed the camera speed down to it's lowest settings, and that seems to make things a bit easier. But I still kinda hate it. I have to give you the smart A.I. with Agro. He can be pretty darn intelligent at times and he's a good buddy. I still have some trouble with him, and don't agree with the controls for much of the game. I understand the grip mechanic being included in the game. It still infuriates me.

I absolutely love the feel of the game. The feeling of loneliness and isolation is touching. It's kinda scary and at the same time sad and heroic i guess. And the fact that there are no loading times at all is absolutely amazing. I cannot understand how they did that. That is a HUGE accomplishment in my mind. The music is really great too. The gameplay just kills it for me.

I cheated and watched the ending for the game and some of the other movies that occur later on. And i have to say that the way they incoperated Ico and Shadow together story wise is what really impressed me about the game. I know the story isn't exaclty canon, but I've read about one of the producer guys talking about the connection for them both. I like that they kept alot of things vague, so you can interupt some stuff for yourself, but also gave enough information to keep things interesting.

When are we all going to play E.T. for the 2600 together in like a game club. I think that'd be fun if we did something like that.

And the fact that there are no loading times at all is absolutely amazing. I cannot understand how they did that.

Uh, Nintendo's done that with the Gamecube since 2002, where have you been?

Well just tell me if it has the same charm in it's writing or not. That is one of the main things I like to know along if it isn't crappy like there Elder Scroll games.