Sign in to follow this  
dangeROSS

What are you playing?

And the fact that there are no loading times at all is absolutely amazing. I cannot understand how they did that.

Uh, Nintendo's done that with the Gamecube since 2002, where have you been?

Considering the size of the world within Shadow Of the Colossus and the fact it is upon PS2, it is impressive. It is not something Nintendo could have easily matched(if at all.)

I am sorry to hear that you are not enjoying the gameplay, Ross. Hopefully you shall find the atmosphere dynamic enough to keep you interested.

It's basically just streaming content from the disc; most first party Gamecube games did this, or were constantly loading stuff in the background to present the illusion of a seamless world (see: Metroid Prime). This sorta backfired in Corruption when I kept running into doors that took two minutes to open after shooting, but ehh.

Also, SotC is pretty much nothing but bosses, terrain, fruit, and SECRET LIZARDS, so there wasn't an extraordinary amount of content to load.

Recently I have been super addicted into Spore 8U THAT GAME IS SO AMAZING IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY AAA~

If you wanna see my Spore stuff, then sheck it out here. mostly creatures and stuff, but I love making creatures AAAA CUTE AND CREEPY PACK GET HERE FASTER FFFFFF

Shadow isn't that bad. I just think I'm a bitter old gamer now. I've just been looking, and looking, for a platformer to play. So I think that I'm kinda being to harsh on other genres as of late, trying to make them feel like something they are not.

I am still impressed the PS2 could do SOTC without loading times. It wasn't exactly known as being a powerhouse system, and just about every game I've ever played on it has loading breaks sprinkled throughout them. I know the world was pretty empty, and so it didn't have to load many things. But it still seems like a quite a feat that it could pull off, the big world and the giants like it did.

Has anyone tried any of the new demos coming out lately? I was playing the Tomb Raider: Underworld one earlier. I liked it. I really enjoyed Tomb Raider legend. If this one continues in a similar fashion, I'll have to pick it up someday.

I just dabbled in Banjo and Kazooie Nuts and Bolts as well. It's..... different. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I do think that the graphics sure are pretty.

Oh, I saw Scarecrow playing Fallout 3 last night. I'm jealous. I've never played Oblivion, but I liked elder scrolls 3 on the xbox 1.

I keep dying in it! And for some reason that makes me happy, I guess I'm sick of breezing through games, I want to be challanged and Fallout 3 is doing the trick. I played for like 6 hours straight today, and just as I was about to bring the pain down on some unlucky Super Mutant with my new, shiny mini-gun. The game freezes! Crap! That's what happens when you overheat your system kids.

You know there's a lot of debate about killing kids in games lately, in fact its so prevalent that its disturbing. I have no issue with slaughtering virtual children, I don't stop at women and I'll take out a digital man without so much as blinking, so what's the big deal about kids? But the fact that its such a huge talking point and that so many people get bent out of shape over it not being included in these open world games is, very alarming. It seems to be a deal breaker with some people. And that's sick!

Let's get real here for a second. You wanna know why you can't kill kids in games, because of school shootings, because of people like Jack Thomson, because of a scared and threatened media that does its best to put down, expose and blame the gaming industry. The reason you can't kill kids in games is that one day some moron is going to shoot up another school and the game that has that feature is going to be blamed for his actions, families will sue, the developer will lose money and the industry that's trying so hard to show people that its not out to get their kid's head blown off will fall flat on its ass... Again.

You know there's a lot of debate about killing kids in games lately, in fact its so prevalent that its disturbing. I have no issue with slaughtering virtual children, I don't stop at women and I'll take out a male digital man without so much as blinking, so what's the big deal about kids? But the fact that its such a huge talking point and that so many people get bent out of shape over it not being included in these open world games is, very alarming. It seems to be a deal breaker with some people. And that's sick!

Let's get real here for a second. You wanna know why you can't kill kids in games, because of school shootings, because of people like Jack Thomson, because of a scared and threatened media that does its best to put down, expose and blame the gaming industry. The reason you can't kill kids in games is that one day some moron is going to shoot up another school and the game that has that feature is going to be blamed for his actions, families will sue, the developer will lose money and the industry that's trying so hard to show people that its not out to get their kid's head blown off will fall flat on its ass... Again.

That's very logical, even though common sense tells us that parents have to buy a game rated M for their kids and therefore they should know what's in it. I'm sure someone is stupid enough to try something like that though.

I would think it is the option to do so or not is why. It isn't really free roaming if the choice to do something that was before was taken away.

So its not true one-hundred percent freedom, so I can't run up to little Maggie in Megaton target her in V.A.T.S. And shoot her cute little face to pieces. I'm willing to sacrifice that option so that the game industry stays on a solid course to acceptance. And come one! How many games offer as much freedom as Fallout 3 does, short of killing kids you can do anything you want when ever you want.

So, PETA hasn't gotten in on the action yet? :P

And what if they were Imps...would it be acceptable to kill them them because they were child-like demons?

I played some stuff tonight! I will now deliver short summaries.

Silent Hill Homecoming: Gears of War and the Silent Hill movie had sex, and their offspring has horrifyingly bad melee combat and no sense of subtlety. Rolling around on the floor is pretty entertaining, which is about the only good thing I have to say.

Fallout 3: High-larious both on purpose and by accident. Every enemy in this game must be made of titanium and MAGIC to be able to withstand a clip of minigun rounds to the face at point blank. Better than Oblivion, not as good as Stalker.

Dead Space: System Shock 2 and Gears of War had sex, and their offspring's main character has the greatest curb stomp since Henry Townshend. It's got horrible, clunky aiming, but makes up for it by not including a boring motherf*cking god damn SH*T cover system. Also, stasis.

Metal Gear Solid 4: START BUTTON > SKIP

World of Warcraft: I made a Blood Elf mage, killed one lion, then spent the rest of the time following people while constantly crying and GETTING DOWN WITH MY BAD SELF. I don't see the appeal of this game at all, since I was sick of the combat after about two seconds of flinging fire at cats. I don't think I even leveled up, but 70 levels of this does not sound like anything I ever want to subject myself to. Anyway, there are thousands upon thousands of free MMOs that play exactly like this.

Dead Space was probably my favorite new game, but the best thing I played was Ninja Gaiden.

Also, what the hell is with Gears of War's gameplay style being in bloody everything?

Gears of War sucked, horribly. Stop making games that play like it. Or at least console games, since I might actually be able to aim at stuff with a mouse and keyboard setup.

This goes double for you, Bioware. I thought you guys were cool.

Silent Hill Homecoming: Gears of War and the Silent Hill movie had sex, and their offspring has horrifyingly bad melee combat and no sense of subtlety. Rolling around on the floor is pretty entertaining, which is about the only good thing I have to say.

Fallout 3: High-larious both on purpose and by accident. Every enemy in this game must be made of titanium and MAGIC to be able to withstand a clip of minigun rounds to the face at point blank. Better than Oblivion, not as good as Stalker.

Dead Space: System Shock 2 and Gears of War had sex, and their offspring's main character has the greatest curb stomp since Henry Townshend. It's got horrible, clunky aiming, but makes up for it by not including a boring motherf*cking god damn SH*T cover system. Also, stasis.

World of Warcraft: I made a Blood Elf mage, killed one lion, then spent the rest of the time following people while constantly crying and GETTING DOWN WITH MY BAD SELF. I don't see the appeal of this game at all, since I was sick of the combat after about two seconds of flinging fire at cats. I don't think I even leveled up, but 70 levels of this does not sound like anything I ever want to subject myself to. Anyway, there are thousands upon thousands of free MMOs that play exactly like this.

Dead Space was probably my favorite new game, but the best thing I played was Ninja Gaiden.

How the heck did you manage to pack all those into one night and form an insightful opinion on each one? Not judging just curious.

The funniest thing I've encountered in the game involves the main quest line so I won't spoil it, let's just say "Leave it to Beaver" comes to mind.

I didn't play MGS 4 or Silent Hill Homecoming for very long because they were horrible :<

I also quit WoW after about 10 minutes.

I didn't get too far into it because I kept going on horrible rampages in that village that worships the atom bomb.

After meeting that doctor chick I was really, really glad the ability to murder virtually everyone had remained intact. The Fat Man is also petty much my best friend ever.

I don't like the Fat Man, he keeps blowing me up. Though he's seen me through a few scrapes, mostly involving Super Mutants with mini guns. My favorite ranged weapon is the Combat shotgun, nothing says pop goes the Super Mutant's head like a Combat Shotgun at point blank range. For Melee it's tie between the Ripper and the Shiskabob.

I don’t like the Fat Man, he keeps blowing me up.

That's half the fun!

Eh, i tried to find it, but i couldnt see CRAP in that abandoned house (it was there, right?) so i gave up, and became the PInt Sized Slasher. It was AWESOME.

I also hear that Silent Hill5 was awful. Your discription of it actually matches almost exactly what one of my friends said about that. Except instead of using the word "sex" they chose "horrible hybrid fusion created in Konami's experimental underground lab".

Someone should make a walkthrough of it where you roll through most of the game. Just rolling as much as you can. Enemy? No problem! Just keep on rollin' away!

Homecoming is one I am not going to cheek out till it is about 10 bucks for the best reason Yatzee said in his review when the Japan guys throw it in the bin it should stay there. So Homecoming is an American made sequel of horror. That never sounds good in my book.

I'd play a Silent Hill starring Samus Aran, too

Oh my gosh, James Sunderland vs. Ridley...!