Sign in to follow this  
dangeROSS

What are you playing?

I really need to get a Sony Playstation of some kind, so I can understand what's up with Metal Gear Solid.

Kojima simply has a great eye for directing as well as greatly originality in terms of characters and boss battles. He is like a more concise and restrained Suda and he has always delivered a notable gaming experience.

I've been playing some good old fashioned Unreal tournament. I think it is the best one. The new ones are to shinny and flashy.

why yes ross, my real name is in fact Gunnar. it is indeed.

Ha! That's awesome! It's a totally sweet name. I have so many crazy connections with you guys/gals. Perhaps Psychonauts is a subliminal way of bringing us all together so that we may one day create a hyper intelligent dog or something.

I finally got around to beating both Raze's Hell and Bioshock over the past 2 weeks. I've had them both forver, and just couldn't bring myself to beat them. I got really into bioshock and played it for about 2 hours straight to beat it. I got the "good" ending because I didn't kill any of the little sisters. I really liked how the story ended up changing and I enjoyed the ending. I liked the game, but I found it hard to really get into it. I still don't know why. Maybe the openess of it kinda messed with my head. I dunno.

I haven't the faintest idea, I played it on 360.

Speaking of Fallout 3... EPIC! Is the only word that describes how it ends.

Dang. I want an xbox 360.

Yes, you do need to play Shadow of the Colossus. :o

It's such a work of art, though, every gamer should.

Lately I've been thinking about games that affect people emotionally, and the mechanics of them. The excellent storytelling and music of Shadow were what brought on the real thoughts from me.

But let me tell you, only game that's got me close to crying... Silent Hill 2. I... cannot take that music. And the storyline is so... ugh. If you understood the pain and suffering that the game's music represented, it would stick with you forever. I'll definitely never be able to erase the impression Silent Hill has made on my mind.

I'm learning a lot about gaming lately, though. I'm hardly a Freshman in High School (which is capitalised today), but I'm planning to go into game development. And I've been learning a lot lately about what games I want to create. I want to create the kind of games that touch people on personal and emotional levels. The stuff that brings out the childlike wonder of magic, or the stuff that scars you forever, on a level deeper than you thought you could search inside yourself.

i beat fallout 3 yesterday. the ending was good. i was super evil so the ending talked bad about me! mwuahahaha! anyway, on to beating gears of war 2. i kind of put it off til i beat fallout 3.

I'm learning a lot about gaming lately, though. I'm hardly a Freshman in High School (which is capitalised today), but I'm planning to go into game development. And I've been learning a lot lately about what games I want to create. I want to create the kind of games that touch people on personal and emotional levels. The stuff that brings out the childlike wonder of magic, or the stuff that scars you forever, on a level deeper than you thought you could search inside yourself.

I think that is what many set out to do, yet only a very select few actually accomplish such things. You would require a brilliant writer and talented director to even stand a chance.

Shadow Of The Colossus is a very watered down Ico, in terms of the emotional impact. Ico still supersedes Shadow for many Ueda fans, and its musical score focused more upon subtleties and ambiance, rather than over the top orchestration which you would encounter within a Hollywood film.

Scarecrow: I saw that you had some hairy fuzz going on with your avatar. I thought that would be the one thing to help distinguish who is who with us. I wish they gave us more options for clothes. Heck even to change the color of them or something. No way I'm going to pay money to get different outfits. Unless they are Double Fine related....

Zeeman: I'm freakin' jealous of you.

Everybody: Shadow of the Collusus wasn't that great of a game IMHO. Neat idea, cool music, great atmosphere, Horrible, horrible gameplay. But that's just my 2 cents.

jealous of me???? no, no i think you may have mistaken me for somebody else nah!

Nope. I totally do not have you confused with anyone.

So it seems like Fallout and Fable have been the big games lately. Has anyone played any of the other multitude of games being released this Christmas rush?

Mushroom Men is just about upon us, and I would have thought alot of P-nuat fans would be interested in that one.

I heard the new Farcry is actually really, really good. I haven't heard anyone talk about Resistance or Killzone on here either. Or the Banjo-kazooie rerelease coming next week! I tried out a quick demo of the new HD street fighter. Kinda lame that they had no cpu players for it. But it looked good.

i really dont have a big list for games im getting- just fable II, SR2, Far cry 2, and left 4 dead

for the rest of the games i consider, i will hae to get someones opinion on it, then get a 2nd opninion, then get a 3rd opinion........then maybe a 4th

Deus Ex.

It's ok, I guess.

I don't see what the point of setting the player up as a badass supercyborg is if you're gonna make every single gunfight clumsy and completely not worth it so that you end up just having to pick everyone off with a scope.

I think that is what many set out to do, yet only a very select few actually accomplish such things. You would require a brilliant writer and talented director to even stand a chance.

Shadow Of The Colossus is a very watered down Ico, in terms of the emotional impact. Ico still supersedes Shadow for many Ueda fans, and its musical score focused more upon subtleties and ambiance, rather than over the top orchestration which you would encounter within a Hollywood film.

My naivete doesn't stretch so far that I don't already know that. I'm working hard right now to get where I can later. I don't expect to get what I want. I don't expect to get remotely close, maybe even ever during my life. But I can't get there if I don't work for it, so that's the future I'm preparing for.

Also DangeROSS didn't like SotC? The gameplay was one of the best parts. D: I'LL BET YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SWORDJUMPED! *nodnod* You can't insult the gameplay if you haven't made a clear swordjump, and gone lizard hunting, and gone through one colossus's beard to an alternate dimension.

So I beat Deus Ex.

What a retarded set of endings. They all sound good on paper, but I don't get any closure about the fate of the ENTIRE WORLD? A few still screens saying JC WENT ON TO BECOME THE SUPREME AI EMPEROR OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE, AND IT WAS AWESOME would have been nice, at least.

I'm also pretty sure Shadow of the Colossus is the best game ever, and y'all would do well to NOT TALK SH*T ABOUT IT

It's also worth mentioning that Shadow is the only game that has ever done Bloom right, ever

Tf2 and trying to finish Okami. Anyone have an opinion on Gears 2? I've been thinking about buying it, but my xbox usually just sits in the corner gathering dust whilst I play my computer.

gears 2 is better than gears 1 in almost every way, in my opinion. if your a gears 1 fan then you should definatly get gears 2. the single player is amazing, not the best it could be, but its still good. the multiplayer gameplay is awesome but the matchmaking is lacking... matchmaking works kind of like halo 3 but instead of being able to party up with people after the first game, you gotta find a whole new team and opposing team... and theres no unranked matchmaking (if you wanna play unranked you have to start a PRIVATE match which means you have to invite a bunch of people and it takes forever.

over all the game is great though

please note this is only my opinion. not everyone will see it the same way i do

Yeah I would have to agree with you. Gears 2 is a much better package. From gameplay, to locales, and everything Gears 2 is waaaaaaaaay better, but the story still bites ass and all the dialogue seems to have been written by a typical 13 year old boy.

Shadow of Collussus and Gears of War were not some of my favorite games. To each his own, but neither one of them really did much for me.