Sign in to follow this  
dangeROSS

What are you playing?

The Windwaker is being a lot easier than I remember. I don't quite find this fair.
Easily my least favorite console Zelda game (excluding the CD-I ones). The gameplay and dungeons were much worse than all the other games. The only thing I felt it had going for it was the art direction.

My favorites in order are:

1. Ocarina of Time (in preschool, my friends and I used to get our parents to read the text for us and it was all we played)

2. A Link to the Past

3. Majora's Mask

4. Twilight Princess (I don't understand the hate toward it)

5. The Legend of Zelda

Right now I'm playing Zombies Ate My Neighbors, the greatest SNES game. I used to play this all the time with my brother when I was younger (3-5 I'd say). I hate werewolves in it; they've given me trouble my whole life.

Ugh! Twilight Princess was just a rehash of Ocarina of Time. Did it have better graphics? Yes. Was the gamplay more refined? Yes. But in terms of design it didn't take any risks. The only thing good about it was Midna.

Nintendo really needs to think out of their own box with this next game, or I'm probably done with Zelda and it's dated gaming philosophy.

Guys?

Um... Windwaker is my favourite Zelda game, and my third all-time. (Only upstaged by Psychonauts and BL.)

Twilight Princess is my second favourite.

You may not like them, but... the thing is, they're fun. They're fun, they're beautiful, they're easy to play-- not simply "this game is easy" but more... well, you know how sometimes books are just hard to read, regardless of their reading level? It's one of the things that defines a good book. How easy it is to get into.

It's the kind of game you play when you just have a little while with nothing to do.

(Just as an aside, Spyro: a Hero's Tail, Brutal Legend and the Windwaker are the only games I've ever beaten. I just tend to lose interest as soon as they get difficult.)

I'm not counting Wind Waker in my critique. Wind Waker is also my favorite Zelda game. In presentation it's the best of the series. It was the only game the console series to mix things up with the plot. There were tons of fun game play additions (Most of which got scrapped when they made Twilight Princess), and the dungeon designs were great.

The only thing holding it back are the repetitive issues like tracking down the tri-force piece or... well sailing period. An instant-travel option between the major islands would have cut down on a lot of frustration. Otherwise it was a fun, very original game and it saddens me that Nintendo back pedaled the way they did when the made Twilight Princess.

I didn't like any of the first party games on Gamecube, and often I feel I'm the only one. I thought Super Mario Sunshine was Super Mario 64 with a pointless gimmick. I hated Melee seeing how almost every character they "added" was a clone of the originals. And with Windwaker, I thought the gameplay was weak, I tried it again recently and had the same opinion (I have to admit I've never beat it). Also, to hot, Majora's Mask was awesome. It would probably be my second favorite if it didn't come out directly after Ocarina. It was almost impossible for them to make something that would live up to such a masterpiece.

Played about half an hour of Full Throttle and now I'm playing "going to sleep because it's 4am"

Also, I'm going away for the next ten days and I won't be able to post here at all. Don't change too much without me.

Don't worry, we'll just crumble into a mire of anarchy and spite while you're away.

@Insomnia, You're out of your skull dude.

And so the first blood is drawn.....

Ugh! Twilight Princess was just a rehash of Ocarina of Time. Did it have better graphics? Yes. Was the gamplay more refined? Yes. But in terms of design it didn't take any risks. The only thing good about it was Midna.

Nintendo really needs to think out of their own box with this next game, or I'm probably done with Zelda and it's dated gaming philosophy.

I had a crush on midna.

You like being bossed around by psycho chicks. I bet you marry a like a biker or something.
No, i'm only attracted to the psycho part.

We divorced yesterday. I'm now happily dating Amy Poehler. And he's shacking up with That Skank Jimmy. And I'm not being caddish here. His legal name is That Skank Jimmy.
Actually, i'm with sheik now.

I'm playing Robot Unicorn Attack.

I'm addicted to it, it's so awesome.

...always i wanna be with you

and make believe with you

and live in harmony, harmony, oh love...

I'm playing Robot Unicorn Attack.

I'm addicted to it, it's so awesome.

...always i wanna be with you

and make believe with you

and live in harmony, harmony, oh love...

Every time someone brings it up I start playing, and then I look at the time and an hour has gone by.

ugh, I am angry. I downloaded The Witcher demo to my laptop only to find out that my laptop that was made in 2009 can't play a game that was released in 2007 at its lowest settings. This is why I don't do PC gaming, oh well I'll just wait for the 360 port that they are working on.

ugh, I am angry. I downloaded The Witcher demo to my laptop only to find out that my laptop that was made in 2009 can't play a game that was released in 2007 at its lowest settings. This is why I don't do PC gaming, oh well I'll just wait for the 360 port that they are working on.
You know why? BECAUSE LAPTOPS SUCK FOR GAMING!

Shut up ass man. I'm not playing anything, been too busy watching TV and writing.
I wasn't talking to you.