Sign in to follow this  
dangeROSS

What are you playing?

Beat Dante's Inferno with my friends a little while ago. It was actually pretty easy I think

Note to self: If I ever battle Lucifer again, video game or not, don't look below the waist.

yeah, in the demo alone when you see dante's wife on the ground...they didn't need to have her boob showing...its those situations when I get a little angry. When a situation doesn't call for it.

playing heavy rain right now... amazing.

theres really no way to explain it... but everyone has to play this game.

just beat heavy rain. amazing game... i gotta tell ya.

playing brothers in arms now.

right now im playing open transport tycoon and, wait, whats this? IS THAT A STARCRAFT 2 BETA INVITE FROM BLIZZARD? i think your right!

I'm playing Just Cause 2 and having a blast.

Thinking about playing Pokemon Emerald, Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle or MW2.

Thinking about playing Pokemon Emerald, Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle or MW2.

*Like*

*Like*

You like that more than Day of the Tentacle? Always encourage the Tim Schafer option.

*Like*

You like that more than Day of the Tentacle? Always encourage the Tim Schafer option.

I've never played day of the tentacle

SC: conviction has finally hit shelves..

didn't think that game would ever see light, honestly.

Yes but, when it lasts 5 hours it usually feels cheaply cut, also its $60 I am not paying $60 for something that I can play one weekend and forget about. If its 5 hours long but can be challenging that's fine. But the demo was so f-ing easy compared to the last ones it made me angry. Two things Splinter Cell should never have: regenerating health, and easy checkpoints. From what I have seen this game has both. I hope I am proven wrong.

I don't buy dvd's really anymore, thank you Netflix. Also I don't think frequent checkpoints take away an "artificial difficulty" as you say. I just hate that I can literally go through the whole level doing stupid crap and not caring about it because I had a checkpoint 2 seconds ago. It feels like a cake walk compared to the first 4 games which made you really think about it. I thought it helped with the realistically they tried to portray in the original games. Its like the new Prince of Persia, they pretty much gave you unlimited sand, which just made everything boring.

Edit: @ Scarecrow portal was good but did they try and doop you into spending $60 bucks for it?

When it comes to checkpoints I think it depends on the game. Personally I like them for the most part because I enjoy doing stupid crap without having to worry about playing through 20 minutes again.

No but I would have gladly paid $60. I'd gladly pay it now if Valve wanted to charge that much.

When it comes to checkpoints I think it depends on the game. Personally I like them for the most part because I enjoy doing stupid crap without having to worry about playing through 20 minutes again.

I agree when it's a game as absolutely ball busting as Ninja Gaiden, but in a game like Shinobi (Ps2 or Genesis) I didn't mind it all.

You are crazy portal was good, but not that good, also I rarely spend $60 on a game, I would only spend on something that is fun to play many times, like Brutal Legend, or Mass Effect 2.

I'd rather pay $60 for something original, fun and 5 hours long then $20 on the latest Halo game with 20 multiplayer modes and a 30 hour single player campaign. I'm in it for quality not quantity.

No but I would have gladly paid $60. I'd gladly pay it now if Valve wanted to charge that much.

Imagine Demon's Souls without the minimal checkpoints it had. That would be the worst thing ever.

Me too, but I am a very broke college student with no job. So I have to be very frugal about my money. So I like to have a nice balance between quality and quantity. For example FF 13 is not for me because I loved 12 and hate the uber linear and needlessly long storyline. However I will pay for a 10 hour game with a great setting and characters (Brutal Legend) however for some games I would rather either rent them for the experience or just wait to buy them used, like Bioshock 2 for example.

Hey I'm not exactly playing with a large disposable income myself. I'm very selective which games I buy. The only game on must have list is Red Dead Redemption. Everything else I think looks decent is marked with a question mark.

For example FF 13 is not for me because I loved 12 and hate the uber linear and needlessly long storyline.

fyi i thought i would hate the linearity too until i tried it

and aren't rpgs all about needlessly long storylines?

Yes but 12 was more like an mmo and the story flowed a lot better then most RPGs I have played. And I'm not totally hating the linearity (I actually like Eternal Sonata)

But I like actual dungeons though.

Dungeons have puzzles in them, and you get lost very easy. 2 things not found in FF 13. Its cool that you like, its just not for me though (which is sad cause I love most FF games except for 2, 8, 9 an I honestly don't care much for 7).

On the subject of Splinter Cell:

I personally don't mind if it is 5 hours long because there are other things to keep you going like co-op campaigns and online, but that means the people who aren't playing online are getting royally screwed over. Imagine paying full price for a game with nothing other than a decent 5 hour long story. I'd return it.

On the subject of buying games:

The last game I bought was Just Cause 2 and Modern Warfare 2. I bought them because they both have a tonne of stuff to do and it's (for the most part) fun. The five hours long Conviction I will be buying, but I will return it within a week for a full refund ("trial period" that the local store offers).

I am so not getting SC: Conviction.

I will not buy a game that won't last the fucking weekend.

I really could not care less about the multiplayer.