Double Fine Action Forums

::lacks the online capability to partake in one of Ross's sojourns, yet fondly connects a hit all the same::

Love for the magical union of Metal Gear Solid and LittleBIGPlanet is compulsory. Ye be warned!

Recently concluded the new Prince Of Persia, which I found rather detestable. Encompassing Ubisoft's typical rigmarole of one step forward, three steps back. 4/10

::lacks the online capability to partake in one of Ross's sojourns, yet fondly connects a hit all the same::

Love for the magical union of Metal Gear Solid and LittleBIGPlanet is compulsory. Ye be warned!

Recently concluded the new Prince Of Persia, which I found rather detestable. Encompassing Ubisoft's typical rigmarole of one step forward, three steps back. 4/10

We only have to wait until Tuesday to have that awesome DLC. I can't wait to get it, I've been sick of playing 40% trash.

Borderlands looks awesome. I think I have money down on that too. Gamestop should make a way for people to check that from online. Anyways I haven't played anything in like a week. I think the last thing I played was Unreal in a study hall at school and before that it was Unreal Tournament III, last weekend. I like that game and neglected it this past summer. Since I haven't been playing my xbox enough to justify buying anything new, I think I'm going to play that and Golden Axe: Beast Rider some more.

We only have to wait until Tuesday to have that awesome DLC. I can't wait to get it, I've been sick of playing 40% trash.

I know. Naught waylays this cold season more than the warmth that the coupling of these two titles bring. The latest update has also made me a very happy man.

*Lip quivers* WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Heh, come now - if you do not know my cynicism better than anyone, then I do not know who does. ;-P

You may happen to love it. Yet the only reason I have struggled through every Prince since Sands Of Time was because of the frenetic and fluid platforming, which, much to my dismay - has been replaced by the kind of "magic" you would expect from a Saturday morning anime or a JRPG. The gameplay itself felt too much like one long Quicktime Event rather than the intuitive and challenging platforming of previous titles. The art direction is certainly lovely, but somewhat negated by the fact the gameplay is lacking any real vigour and innovation. I have also yet to see an ugly Prince Of Persia in terms of the aesthetic appeal - so lauding appraisals upon the beautiful art-design seems somewhat misplaced.

However, others appear to have loved it. The Prince series has never truly been a passion of mine and while I hated the endless amounts of combat, the inconsistencies within the story and the character cliches: the platforming and puzzles always brought me back. Which is why I mourn their loss. :down:

Perhaps I will mourn too, since the platforming puzzles are one of my favorite aspects too. I most enjoyed the observatory puzzle in the first game. And I have heard of the games lack of such gameplay. So I'm prepared at least. I'll probably enjoy it, very few games do I completely detest. Burnout: Paradise is the only game I've played recently that I've been turned off by.

I've heard mixed things about the new POP as well. I really only played the first one, but I loved it. I hope to try the new one out sometime.

You really didn't like BurnoutScarecrow? It seemed weird for them to make it a whole open world type thing I think. But I'd like to try that out sometime too.

Tripz did you get the new Destroy All Humans game? I have heard absolutely nothing about it since it's release.

Burnout is all about two things. Racing your car and crashing it and watching the metal carnage of the chain reaction that crashing it causes. Burnout Paradise is mostly devoid of that second part, pretty much just a racing game (with really cool looking but for the most part ordinary crashes) There aren't enough cars in the street to cause anything larger then a three car pile up. Besides that the controls are lacking and some features, like how all you hear of the soundtrack in an enclosed vehicle is the bass. Left me disappointed by what could have been a promising game. I prefer Midnight Club LA for racing.

My birthday is in four days what are you getting me.

I started playing Portal with my sister yesterday. Neither of us can play it to save our lives, but it's still fun as crap and we're really enjoying it.

I'm still playing Silkroad Online, too. My boyfriend is going to download it soon so I'll finally have an IRL friend to play with... woohoo! Meanwhile I'm almost to the PK level and I'm convinced that some of my friends are out to get me. *shifty eyes*

Then again, I'm a Bard/Cleric combo. No one wants to kill me because then if they die, they're on their own, pal.

I finally learned how to target dead people not in my party, so my resurrecting duties have increased tenfold! (threefold...) It's REALLY nice cause people in this game will pay you to res them. Especially if you don't res them for a while, they start making money offers. But I wouldn't accept money! Well, maybe if they wanted to give it to me, but I resurrect people because it's my responsibility as a half-Cleric to help other players without asking anything in return.

You know, they're just games and forums and stuff on the internet, but I think people should be nice. Saying a nice thing or teaching someone a game or giving them an item may be only virtual, but it still makes a difference in a real person's life. So I try to be a really pleasant person online, since I try to be a good person IRL, too.

im totaly going to download that game.

my internet was very, very, very slow for awhile, and i couldnt play on live or anything, but its back now.

also, zilla, ross, crazyo (or anyone else interested)-----lets get on live together one day! i leave from my moms tuesday, so we gotta hurry!

ill try and pull myself away from BF: bad company's multiplayer. god that game is fun.

Playing PoP and Achaea right now. I'll let you guys know what I think of PoP when I finish it, let me just say now though, that its good, but I understand what people are fussing about.

Also "playing" Wii Fit. If you can call sweating, wheezing and coughing from exhaustion playing. Its a workout app and that's a fact. Its also feels kind of good, I enjoy yoga (Suck at it though, my sister is a skinny show off) and the strength training is a real workout. I still don't like that the game uses the inaccurate BMI system but I tolerate it.

Your avatar is quite impressive Zeeman.

Well it looks like I might be snowed in again today, so I think I'm going to hop on Live later. If anyone is around hit me up for some fun.

I'm stuck into Fallout 3 yo.

I also play LittleBigPlanet, but it makes me sad that there are no Fallout levels so I can play them both AT THE SAME TIME!

Fallout 3

Soul Caliber 4

Dead Space

(wishing I could play Brutal Legend or RE5)

Ninja Gaiden 2....(must keep increasing difficulty....no too hard......can't go on........I think I can beat it wait yes, yes only one more hit and this boss is........OH WAIT, what the hell, NOOOOOO!!!!)

Mass Effect (yes, I'm still playing it)

Too Human [This game is almost as metal as Brutal Legend. Vikings + Cyborgs = \m/ (- -) \m/ - \m/ (_ _) \m/ - \m/ (- -) \m/ ]

All great, wish I didn't have to go to school so I would have more time to play.

I apologize for my above statement...nothing is as metal as Brutal Legend

I'm stuck into Fallout 3 yo.

I also play LittleBigPlanet, but it makes me sad that there are no Fallout levels so I can play them both AT THE SAME TIME!

Why don't you just make a Fallout 3 level? I mean, that's the point of LBP isn't it?

I do plan to, but I want to finish Fallout 3 first. Also, I'm lazy.