Double Fine Action Forums

Well, Persona 4 was a really cool game, I'm glad I finally got around to finishing it. And just in time for Terraria 1.2!

I guess I'll use my old character with Adamantite armor, and grind to get some of this "Spectre Armor" stuff. I'll also get some pink doors to use in my secondary base in my other world.

Oh hey, is that a Paladi-- *The Colonel has been slaughtered by a Paladin*

Oh sweet, Necromancers? Oh goddammit they're shooting beams everywh-- *The Colonel has met his end to a Necromancer*

I sure hope these swarms of hard mode skeletons that are soaking up all these hits from my Excalibur don't-- *The Colonel has been killed by a Blue Armored Bones*

goddammit fuck off already i can't even reach the pink do-- *The Colonel's flailing about has been put to an end by Bones Lee*

I'm not sure I like 1.2 Hard Mode dungeons very much.

OMG TERRARIA V1.2 UPDATE FOR PC IS LIVE.

*nothing but Terraria for next three months*

OMG TERRARIA V1.2 UPDATE FOR PC IS LIVE.

*nothing but Terraria for next three months*

You only noticed that now?

Dude, I got so tired of waiting on that update that I stopped looking at news for Terraria ages ago. I feel like it's been ten years. The only reason I noticed at all is because several people on my Steam list had been playing a lot of Terraria the past couple of days, and so I nostalgically went to boot up the game and saw the news in the Steam client.

It seriously could have been months. I'm lucky I noticed this early.

My poor spine... the hours in the computer chair.... I can already feel Terraria grinding my spine to dust...

Played Wind Waker all weekend. I'm playing blue-shirt Link, from a backup save I had for starting 2nd quest playthroughs.

So far, I beat Helmaroc and got the boots and bracelets. I have all 4 bottles, all fairy upgrades and have charted the entire map, but I haven't spent much effort at all into getting heart containers or treasure charts.

This has to be one of my fastest playthroughs. It occurred to me that the Savage Labyrinth is my primary income source, so I cleared all the way to the power bracelets as quickly as possible.

Civ IV. Once I figured out how to make money nothing could stop me. I'm currently in the process of making my own secret continent on the other side of the world to fund my conquest of every other country on the map. They'll never see me coming.

I started playing Jet Set Radio. It's cool, but the keyboard controls are seriously broken and I don't have a controller, so I'm going to have to put it down for now.

Holy shit, Persona 3 is brutal compared to Persona 4. It took me at least six tries to beat this miniboss because he kept spamming Mazio, and the only Persona I have that's resistant to electricity has no real attacks. I hope I can handle the full moon boss, I grinded to level 8 in preparation.

Holy shit, Persona 3 is brutal compared to Persona 4. It took me at least six tries to beat this miniboss because he kept spamming Mazio, and the only Persona I have that's resistant to electricity has no real attacks. I hope I can handle the full moon boss, I grinded to level 8 in preparation.

Persona 3 is a much better RPG than Persona 4 in a lot of ways, in my opinion. The only thing that's really bad about it is that you spend the entire game grinding through the same dungeon, and the different floors don't really look all that different. Persona 4 has much more unique/different dungeons. Person 3's endless dungeon starts to feel tedious by the time you get into the end game.

But Persona 3 is a bit harder, has a more interesting story concept, better characters (my opinion), and has better RPG elements, especially if you're playing the FES version (highly recommended).

Oh, and it doesn't have Teddy. That's a huge plus.

And the ability to give dungeon commands (i.e. fight separately, go find all the treasure, regroup, etc) ??? That's great! Why'd they get rid of that???

If it weren't for that endless Tartarus dungeon getting tedious after a while, there really wouldn't be any contest at all.

*edit*

PS: There are three or four mini-bosses that spam THE HELL out of attacks/effects that hit everyone in your party. Some of them are very cheap. If you happen to have any magic mirrors in your inventory, those annoying mini-bosses who spam area attacks are the perfect time to use them. They are a powerful and rare item, so you'd be tempted to hang onto them, but there is seriously no better time to use them in the game than on the mini-bosses who spam area attacks. You can also get more magic mirrors by trading for them in the magic/fusion shop at the mall, once it opens. Magic mirrors saved my bacon so many times.

You're still the only person I've ever seen who doesn't like Teddie.

You should get out more. Plenty of people didn't care for Teddie, and they're not hard to find.

Teddie is the sort of thing you either love or hate. He sort of exemplifies that trademark japanese over-the-top zany/kawaii type sh*t that is rampant in bad anime (and even some good anime) and can be super divisive with gamers. You have the gamers on this side who are a little more otaku or have some other strain of japanophilia, and you have gamers on the other side who think the zany/kawaii "anime humor" sh*t is annoying.

Have you ever seen the anime Bleach? Do think that THIS character is hilarious/awesome?

250px-KonProfileOption2Ep320.png

If so, then you probably also LOVE Teddie. If you're like me, you kinda wish they both would die.

That's not to say Teddie doesn't have any qualities I like. There were some things about him that I did like. But in the overall scheme of things, it was about 10% like, 90% wish he would die in a fire.

Anyway, here are some demonstrative links. Plenty of people who aren't Teddie fans:

Kotaku: "Our two least favorite things [about Persona 4]: 1) Teddie can be kind of annoying."

Screw Attack: "The critically acclaimed Persona 4 is making its way to the Vita. Here's a small cutscene featuring the always annoying Teddie."

Teddie annoys the hell out of me.

I hate Teddie.

Wow, I hate Teddie.

Man, I hate Teddie sooooo much.

Contoversial Caracters.

Kills the atmosphere. Every time he opens his mouth I want to punch him in the face. Etc.

Anyone else get annoyed by Teddie?

Don't get me started on the annoyance that is Teddie. Ugh.

I've had Pokemon Y since last tuesday.

I completed it on Friday.

(48 hours of play. 150+ pokemon caught, And faced the elite 5 with a team UNDER lvl 60 (Like they were lvl 65 average and my team was like lvl 57))

I fuckin' love it! :D

EDIT:

Also, everytime I mega-evolve a pokemon I yell:

"HENSHIN A GOGO! BABY!!"

I dislike all the characters in Bleach. That show is boring and cliched.

I actually thought that Bleach started out REALLY interesting and unique---like the first one or two episodes---and then after that it rapidly falls further and further into the same old DBZ/power level over 9000/my-sword-is-bigger-than-your-sword type sh*t. The idea had such potential, but yeah, it pretty much sucks.

I liked the really depressing stuff in Persona 4, like the fact that the most memorable dungeon theme is the one that is incredibly depressing.

Really, the only thing I'm not expecting from Persona 3 in terms of writing is for it to give me a cooler character than mother fucking Kanji, because if I expected that, then my standards would be way too high. Why? He's goddamn Kanji, man. He'll ruin your shit, and then put it back together in even better condition than it was before. He'll kick your ass, and he'll make sock puppets while doing it!

As of this moment, I can only remember two of the dungeon themes from Persona 4: 1) the pixely video game dungeon, and 2) the sexy dungeon with the orgasm sounds in its music.

(Bear in mind that I played Persona 4 way back in its original PS2 release. When Golden came out and people started getting excited about Persona 4----which had been out for YEARS----I was very, very confused at first.)

I do remember really liking Kanji. I don't think there's really an equivalent for him in Persona 3. I guess if you were really trying hard to find and equivalent, you could say that all of the silly parts of Kanji's personality are maybe comparable to Junpei. In terms of Kanji's badassery, he's probably more comparable to P3's Shinji (Shinjiro).

But Junpei's way more boyish/immature (at least at first). And even though Shinjiro carries himself like a bad ass, he's pretty average in combat, in my opinion.

Junpei is probably the best character in Persona 3. While all of the characters undergo tiny little developments and have unique backstories that result in unique hardships, none of them really undergo any drastic changes. The characters claim to have been "changed" by the events that have unfolded, but you don't see very much change in their dialogue/cutscenes. They mostly stay the same sort of person they were before. Junpei is way different, though. He has the most unique experience in the story and undergoes the most drastic and turbulent changes.

Favorite party in Persona 3 are the original SEES: Yukari + Junpei + Akihiko

Mitsuru will always be the best Persona girl. I didn't really care for Mitsuru as a combatant (mostly because she constantly wastes her turn by casting charm, which never works; or an ice buff, which she never gets to use before the battle ends; so unless you're using her in a boss battle---where her charm spell is useless but she'll probably still try to cast it anyway---she's prone to not doing jack sh*t to help). But outside of combat, Mitsuru is still the hottest, most badass, most motorcycle-ridin', most high IQ, most bank makin', most upper class Persona girl there is. She's one costume away from being the female Bruce Wayne. You were hoping to date Mitsuru? HA! You're lucky Mitsuru lets you stand within ten feet of her, that's how outta your league Mitsuru is.

People got more excited for P4 over the years for various reasons. One big one was when Giant Bomb did their Endurance Run a few years back. Last year, it picked up again because of Golden, the anime, and most of all P4 Arena. Now there's promising looking rumors of P5 getting announced next month, so more people will end up talking about it again.

Spacebase DF9

Just found out about this today. I'm pumped and ready to play (though I'll wait for full release).

WHEN DOES BLACK LAKE GO INTO DEVELOPMENT??!?!?!

TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM!!!! *shakes fist*

I played a couple hours of the Stanley Parable and I really enjoyed it

I has good humour lots of endings, funny achievements made just to annoy people who play just for achievements

It is a bit pricey but it is a nice experience and really enjoyable

I played a couple hours of the Stanley Parable and I really enjoyed it

I has good humour lots of endings, funny achievements made just to annoy people who play just for achievements

It is a bit pricey but it is a nice experience and really enjoyable

Totally agree! I loved that experience, just played it last night. Amazing, and the less you know about it, the better. And while a wee bit expensive right now, it's worth it.

Also, well worth playing the demo, it's essentially it's own game, and completely free. It contains unique content.

If you played the mod previously, this is a larger, richer interpretation of that mod (as mentioned in another thread here), so might not have as much value for you. Still plenty of unique content though.

I haven't bought it yet, but it's on my wishlist. The first two games were pretty good, but the first one had too little animal cruelty in my opinion. They found a nice balance with the previous installment in the series.