Double Fine Action Forums

Just beat Twilight Princess for the first time ever. It wasn't my favorite Zelda by a long shot
which is?

Just beat Twilight Princess for the first time ever. It wasn't my favorite Zelda by a long shot
which is?

Nothing surprising. Toss up between A Link To The Past and Ocarina Of Time.

Majora's Mask comes pretty close to making it a three way tie, but not quite. That game's three-day time cycle idea was such a huge overhaul to the standard Zelda formula that I'd almost put Majora's Mask off in its own category. It's hard to compare other Zelda games to it.

But yeah. ALTTP or OOT.

A lot of people (including several of my friends) consider Wind Waker to be their favorite, but I'm one of the people who has a really hard time with the sailing. It just goes on and on and on. Like I just point the boat in a direction and then go make a sandwich. Some people love the sailing, but I'm not a huge fan of it, and that's a huge obstacle to my enjoyment of WW.

I wouldn't say Wind Waker is my favorite, but it's in my top 3.

My top 3 of course includes 4 games because I have no idea where to place A Link to the Past among Twilight Princess, Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time.

Meanwhile, Majora's Mask is down at the bottom, above Four Swords Adventures but below The Adventure of Link.

I'm not saying it's bad. I just don't like it very much, primarily because I require a guide to complete nearly all of the side quests. Additionally, I don't like that the mirror shield is creepy or that the Link clone is creepy.

Getting tired of Arkham Origins NOT unlocking the challange tiers after completing them. This time it's the "Complete a battle without exiting focus mode". Focus mode starts when you hit a X12 combo. I had a X50 combo by the end of the match, never took damage, and I never missed an attack, yet somehow it didn't unlock.

EDIT:Found the issue. Focus mode isn't unlocked until Shadow Vigilante rank 3. I'm Shadow Vigilante rank 4 and it never unlocked, so I honestly can't advance in this tier anymore because the game forgot to give me the reward.

EDIT2: So this is a very common glitch and there is no fix for it at the moment, so I literally cannot go any farther in the shadow vigilante questline because their unlock system is broken. Fantastic

I'm not saying it's bad. I just don't like it very much, primarily because I require a guide to complete nearly all of the side quests. Additionally, I don't like that the mirror shield is creepy or that the Link clone is creepy.

I liked how challenging it was. One of the things I disliked most about Twilight Princess was how little thought it required. At some level, part of the Zelda experience has always been puzzling/problem solving, and sometimes it gets downright brain-bendy. Twilight Princess was like the perfect example of Zelda not testing your brainpower at all, and Majora's Mask is probably the example of a Zelda game that pushes it the hardest. (It also pushes your patience and persistence pretty hard, to be fair.)

And are you talking about the awesomeness that you could unlock with the difficult-to-obtain fierce deity mask? The one and only ONI LINK?!?!?!

88Ezd8M.jpg

I LOVE ONI LINK.

The only thing that sucks about Oni Link is that it only let you use him in boss chambers, which is bullsh*t. If you've already beat the game anyway, they should just let you go crazy with him.

Getting tired of Arkham Origins NOT unlocking the challange tiers after completing them. This time it's the "Complete a battle without exiting focus mode". Focus mode starts when you hit a X12 combo. I had a X50 combo by the end of the match, never took damage, and I never missed an attack, yet somehow it didn't unlock.

EDIT:Found the issue. Focus mode isn't unlocked until Shadow Vigilante rank 3. I'm Shadow Vigilante rank 4 and it never unlocked, so I honestly can't advance in this tier anymore because the game forgot to give me the reward.

EDIT2: So this is a very common glitch and there is no fix for it at the moment, so I literally cannot go any farther in the shadow vigilante questline because their unlock system is broken. Fantastic

Oh there's more glitches than that. There's some that make you reload the game and one that you actually cannot do normally(there's a work-around, but it's not part of the conventional gameplay) and prevents a side missions completion. There's a reason the game is currently 77/100 when it's easily an 80 compared to the other Arkham games(it's the worst, but barely. I still really like it).

Besides the major glitches, I've been stuck sliding under pipes, on stairs, in a vent, on a train, on a plane, in a box, with a fox. An immediate patch has already been ordered from above, we'll see how it is after that. I'll admit though that 90% of the glitches I've experienced were in the first hour of gameplay(getting stuck on the stairs was 10hrs in). It's not unplayable and like I said, the game is rather good, but folks make want to wait a few to play it if they haven't yet.

Be glad it's one of those games that autosaves every 5 steps you take. It hasn't pissed me off yet(except that I'm stuck on that one side-mission).

There you go. I tried it today, but Canada commonly gets the updates up to a day later(some are right away though), so I'm not denying it.

Oh there's more glitches than that. There's some that make you reload the game and one that you actually cannot do normally(there's a work-around, but it's not part of the conventional gameplay) and prevents a side missions completion. There's a reason the game is currently 77/100 when it's easily an 80 compared to the other Arkham games(it's the worst, but barely. I still really like it).

Besides the major glitches, I've been stuck sliding under pipes, on stairs, in a vent, on a train, on a plane, in a box, with a fox. An immediate patch has already been ordered from above, we'll see how it is after that. I'll admit though that 90% of the glitches I've experienced were in the first hour of gameplay(getting stuck on the stairs was 10hrs in). It's not unplayable and like I said, the game is rather good, but folks make want to wait a few to play it if they haven't yet.

Be glad it's one of those games that autosaves every 5 steps you take. It hasn't pissed me off yet(except that I'm stuck on that one side-mission).

Yeah, it's really pathetic how many bugs I'm starting to see. I'm honestly going to send it to gamestop and trade it in for Assassins Creed 4 and try that out instead because it's gotten so bad(and now the game's starting to go 10 fps isn't helping).

Oh do that. You have to see with your own eyes what they have now instead of the Desmond sections. this is the perfect moment to quit the series.

Oh I've seen what they did there. I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry about the modern day plot at this point, but I really don't care, I just want to dick around as a pirate, and the reviews say there's plenty of that.

Also I can actually play Assassins Creed 4 as apposed to Arkham Origins, that's a plus.

When will they realize that the modern day sections are the worst thing since diced bread?

They tear you out of the action and throw you into an abysmal excuse for a sub-plot. Seriously, cut the crap and make a damn epic pirate game!

When will they realize that the modern day sections are the worst thing since diced bread?

They tear you out of the action and throw you into an abysmal excuse for a sub-plot. Seriously, cut the crap and make a damn epic pirate game!

Agreed, but it looks like the new modern day sections have hit birdemic level of "This is so bad that it's amazing", so I'm all up for it this time around. Would rather have laughably bad instead of just bad.

Wait what about the modern day sections of Assassin's Creed IV?

I honestly couldn't care any less for AC now, the series went downhill after ACII.

I tried playing ACIII offline on my Xbox, but it's so slow in loading as it always wants to connect to uplay. Like a give a flying fuck about my single player killing count compared to the rest of the world. Also, the miriad of game breaking bugs rendered the game unplayable. Not to mention the missions and minigames are too varied the game lost focus on having any decent working gameplay whatsoever.

I erm "downloaded" Arkham Origins to demo it. Lost interest after doing 2 missions and swinging aorund the city for a while. deleted that shit.

They should just do my sanity a favor and stop making Assassin's Creeds. I feel toward Assassin's Creed what so many people feel toward Justin Bieber. They both just keep on existing and making more of themselves, despite all wishes that they would please for the love of god stop.

Honestly, I don't care about Assassin's Creed. I just never really felt the need to play it because it doesn't look like the sort of game I'd enjoy, though I can appreciate that it has some cool things to it. And I love the Literal Trailer that Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood spawned.

Jel - the modern day sections of AssCreed IV: A New Hope take place in a division of Abstergo that's made to look like a video game company (satire!). You get to do mundane things like check e-mails, chat to co-workers and collect toys for your desk.

Honestly, that actually sounds kind of interesting to me. Also, y'know, pirates.

I have not hit that level of "I'm tired of all these Assassins Creed games" yet. Only AC game I disliked was 3(but I've disliked ALL modern day segments so far, especially 3's where it was a giant deus ex machina to

kill Desmond

). This game actually looks pretty good and it isn't like the modern day segemnts can get worse at this stage... right?

It's not that I'm tired of them; it's that they have never been good to me. They are very very boring games. I quit playing AC1 when I realized I wasn't enjoying myself and didn't know why I was still playing. I felt the same way about AC2, which I heard was way better than AC1, and there were improvements, but they were not very robust, so it didn't do much to stave off the boring. I forced myself to finish the game, but I didn't feel in any way rewarded for finishing it. I just wanted the wasted hours of my life back. They're so bizarre. They're constructed in a way to convey the APPEARANCE of a game packed with action and intrigue, but what they require from the player and the way that they request it is somehow so mind numbingly boring that your eyelids start to droop. You get this weird schizophrenic feeling when playing an AC game where part of your brain is tricked into thinking something interesting is happening while another part of your brain knows that you're having about as much fun as poking the dirt with a stick.

Just finished The Blackwell Legacy, quite enjoyable. Now for a short break then Blackwell Unbound.

I just beat The Swapper.

A pretty nice little indie game. About 4 hours long but with some nice puzzles and story.

Didn't try for the achievements though. (I think I'll just read up on the secrets for this one tbh)

When I can get my controller to work with my tablet, I've been playing Prince of Persia: The Shadow and the Flame.

It's actually pretty good! Graphically it's damned good, gameplay is solid and it's easily the best version of PoP2 I've played.

(I flat-out refuse to even TRY playing action-oriented games on my tablet using the touch-screen. I need buttons, dammit!)

When I can get my controller to work with my tablet, I've been playing Prince of Persia: The Shadow and the Flame.

It's actually pretty good! Graphically it's damned good, gameplay is solid and it's easily the best version of PoP2 I've played.

(I flat-out refuse to even TRY playing action-oriented games on my tablet using the touch-screen. I need buttons, dammit!)

PERFECT example of what you're talking about, Darth.

What I'm Playing: Minecraft (continuing work on a renovation job on my friends' server), TF2 (Scream Fortress 2013 is a lot of fun. Finally got the item I wanted, though I think the mesh needs to be tweaked a bit, as it doesn't fit in a couple places where it should.)

What I'm Not Playing: DoTA 2. Man, I really want to get into this game, it looks like a lot of fun, but when a fanbase gets loads and loads of items over the summer, and then proceeds to harass people in droves who are not in any way involved with Valve over the lack of Halloween event, few things frustrate me more.

Just beat the story of Arkham Origins. I didn't mind what they did with the main villain(s) too much, but man, that ending was deflating. I did like the game and I do consider it an Arkham game. They handled it pretty well except you could tell the writing wasn't quite on par. The fact that they DID get the voice actor of Bullock from the animated series was a pleasant surprise after replacing almost every other character. Overall it was okay and it's slowly being fixed. I still had a couple framerate issues that resolved themselves after booting.

Played some matches in Team Fortress 2. Still great fun. Definitely a top 10 title for me.

Played the halloween event map, and while it was a bit messy with the spells, I still like the additions they make to the game. The variety keeps it fresh.

Finally reached the final dungeon in Dark Cloud 2. Once upon a time, a long time ago, I made it to the very end of this game and stopped playing on the final boss for some reason. The completionist in me has always been bothered that I left a thing so close to complete and never finished the job.

I'm almost there. I'm going to do it!

BUT JESUS CHRIST I FORGOT HOW LONG THIS GAME IS. IT JUST GOES ON AND ON AND ON FOREVER.

Yeah, I played tons of Dark Cloud 1 and never got close to beating that game. I can imagine Dark Cloud 2 being similarly long.