Double Fine Action Forums

Actually, no. You have to have every character unlocked to be at 100%. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And really, I'll probably just get the extra characters because I heard Rick Jones/A-bomb was going to be one of them. And I love Rick Jones. For one thing, he canonically asked Bruce Banner to call him "Indiana".

Also, I just realized that my post-count is now at 616. I can never post again.

Enemy Within has got me hooked on XCOM again. Man, I love really Firaxis take on the XCOM series. The strategy part might be a bit linear then before, but the battles are so awesome.

Dark Cloud 2, I will finish you in the next week. One final push. It's gonna happen.

#LongestF***ingGameEver

Finished Bioshock Infinite's DLC Burial at Sea Episode 1

Just played it as well. It is short considering the price, but it was nice seeing Rapture again. Columbia's pretty, but Bioshock's scavenger styled gameplay always made more sense in the ruins of Rapture than it did eating out of Comstock's trash cans.

About the ending,

I'm not sure how to feel about it. It's a darker tone for Elizabeth, considering that she just hunted some old guy down and went out her way to hurt him psychologically before killing him, while he was repressively trying to help a little girl after he accidentally murdered one. And I don't understand why there's still a Comstock at all after Infinite's ending, but I guess I'll save some judgements for when the second part is out.

Rayman Origins.

Trying to beat now that I have Legends on PC too.

Got to the point of where I lost my last save, and JESUS CHRIST IS THIS GAME GODDAMN HARD! O_0

(To be fair though, no Rayman game has been easy. Well.. I guess Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havok was kinda easy, but even then it had its tough moments!)

That sounds like it might actually make it take more memory since the point of compression is usually to do more with less space (like instead of the code saying "black pixel" fifty-eight times, it would just say "58 black pixels" and be done with it.)

From "Last Item Purchased" Thread:

I was looking into getting a good PS3 shooter that my brother-in-law and I can play split-screen co-op on when he comes over sometimes. So, I walked into GameStop today and asked the guy behind the counter if I should get Borderlands 2, Killzone 3, Resistance 3, or some flavor of CoD or Battlefield. I was initially leaning toward Killzone 3.

After talking to the guy, I walked out with Borderlands 2.

He also suggested Army of Two as a good alternative, but I didn't get it.

Borderlands 2 is a great purchase for that. Quality game that gets a bit tricky and repetitive as a singleplayer game, but shines in coop. Much better then all the other alternatives.

Army of Two can be a bit fun in coop, but it's a mediocre game really.

When I was looking into which game to get, I had my PS3 download the demos of Killzone 2 and 3. I didn't actually play them until today.

I can see why one review said the controls were "floaty" on Killzone 2, but turning up the sensitivity helped alleviate that.

Overall, from the demos I would say that I would rather like playing Killzone. Too bad only 3 has campaign co-op.

Me too. That game is brilliant.

The character design is quite awkward, and the writing quirky.

And the only main irritation in the game is in its scale. Making it take a looooong time getting around the massive map.

But its puzzle design is very good. And the environments look pretty nice, even on the Vita.

The only long-term qualm I have with the game is burnout. I could see it being quite easy for some gamers to become exhausted by the game.

(I mean there's a lets play on youtube with 70+ episodes. For a PLATFORMER. Imagine that for a second)

Stick around the introductory chapters and you'll find a nice little platformer (thats cheap AND has cross-play ontop)

I can see the game having a pretty niche market. Some of the platforming is definitely pretty hardcore, but personally I'm playing it for the exploration and the platforming. In that regard the over 1800 rooms in this game, several hundred of which are really well hidden, is nothing but a big plus.

I agree about the puzzle design, and I think the way you have to combine both forms of your character along with good timing and use of "power ups" works really well.

I don't know about the writing in itself, but I love the way you get little pieces of information about the world and its characters everywhere. And not because it has much importance on beating the game, but because it lets you get intimate with the world.

It's definitely not a game you play mainly to complete it, but if that's something you can get comfortable with, it's a top ten game in my book.

I can see the game having a pretty niche market. Some of the platforming is definitely pretty hardcore, but personally I'm playing it for the exploration and the platforming. In that regard the over 1800 rooms in this game, several hundred of which are really well hidden, is nothing but a big plus.

I agree about the puzzle design, and I think the way you have to combine both forms of your character along with good timing and use of "power ups" works really well.

I don't know about the writing in itself, but I love the way you get little pieces of information about the world and its characters everywhere. And not because it has much importance on beating the game, but because it lets you get intimate with the world.

It's definitely not a game you play mainly to complete it, but if that's something you can get comfortable with, it's a top ten game in my book.

I think, ultimately, its not a game thats out to impress you, the gamer.

It simply is what it is.

I think that's a fair description. It's not in-your-face anything, but what I've dug up after putting 20 hours into it did impress me personally.

I just put out a recommendation of it on Steam, if anyone cares to read it. (It's probably ridden with typos.)

Okay bitches*, Cookie Clicker 100% achievement run IS A GO!

Starting... NOW!

*"That's not really necessary, is it?" - My Dad, hanging over my shoulder.

Woot! Finally beat Dark Cloud 2! That's been on my to-do list for almost ten years.

I'm listening to the last of the terrible, terrible dialogue now as I type. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted.

Aaaah... *RPG completion stretch*

Woot! Finally beat Dark Cloud 2! That's been on my to-do list for almost ten years.

I'm listening to the last of the terrible, terrible dialogue now as I type. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted.

ONWARD TO MORROWIND!!!

Okay bitches*, Cookie Clicker 100% achievement run IS A GO!

Starting... NOW!

*"That's not really necessary, is it?" - My Dad, hanging over my shoulder.

This includes all shadow achievements BTW.

ONWARD TO MORROWIND!!!

Elder Scrolls games are to be played but never beaten. That's my philosophy.

ONWARD TO MORROWIND!!!

Really now? I did every possible quest in Oblivion. twice. Both on X360 and PC

Been playing a "DRM-free" version of Assassin's Creed IV. It's the same dull game it's been since Brotherhood. It's the same engine, same animations, with some fresh paint over it. deleted that shit after 2 hours of playing

ONWARD TO MORROWIND!!!

Really now? I did every possible quest in Oblivion. twice. Both on X360 and PC

Been playing a "DRM-free" version of Assassin's Creed IV. It's the same dull game it's been since Brotherhood. It's the same engine, same animations, with some fresh paint over it. deleted that shit after 2 hours of playing

You must have a lot more freetime or much fewer games on your to-do list. I usually put a billion hours into an Elder Scrolls game and deliberately hold off on the main quest. I intend to finish it the whole time I'm playing, but I want to finish ALL POSSIBLE SIDE CONTENT FIRST. But then before that happens, another game comes up, and then another, and then another, and before I know it I've got 100 something hours into that Elder Scrolls game that I pretty much just abandon.

I completed main sidequests in Skyrim before finishing the main quest. But the game seemed to simply treat the main quest like any other quest. At the end, someone says something to the effect of "your journey has only just begun", and lets you continue playing. It doesn't even have an ending credit sequence or anything like that.

I completed main sidequests in Skyrim before finishing the main quest. But the game seemed to simply treat the main quest like any other quest. At the end, someone says something to the effect of "your journey has only just begun", and lets you continue playing. It doesn't even have an ending credit sequence or anything like that.

Ironically, one of the reasons that I lasted so much longer playing Oblivion was Skyrim's clear aim for quantity over quality when it came to quest lines.

There were only so many draugr ruins I could take before I started reminiscing about the Shivering Isles...

Ironically, one of the reasons that I lasted so much longer playing Oblivion was Skyrim's clear aim for quantity over quality when it came to quest lines.

There were only so many draugr ruins I could take before I started reminiscing about the Shivering Isles...

But that thieve's guild quest line though. That was top notch.

I personally count both Oblivion and Skyrim completed considering I completed every unique quest and reached the level barrier especially on Oblivion where I had around 100 characters...

I played a lot more of Oblivion than Skyrim because Skyrim felt a bit generic in comparison...

The majority of quests became randomly generated fetch quests, Dragons are a lot more generic and less interesting than gates to hell, they ruined my entire Illusion, alteration play style from Oblivion and ruined my favourite items from Oblivion, The actual Guild story lines became more about completing boring generic missions than the really fun crafted ones of Oblivion, the main story had less memorable moments than Oblivion, I did not become a God...

I /removed/ the level cap, after having reached it in a number of skills.

And, to be honest, I find that I prefer the Jack-of-all-trades approach that Skyrim allows. I'm not so hot on the idea of being given the choice of character class at the start of a game and coming to discover that the game is unreasonably difficult to the point where I'm forced to either cheat or restart after hours of investment.

It would be different if it were an actual D&D session (which I have never played) where the challenge is augmented on the fly by the dungeon master. It's quite another when the game programmers haven't properly scaled the enemies to suit playing as certain skill types.

I agree that the dragons were too generic. It was an AWESOME idea, but they went overboard with it. Literally, every time I play the game, I encounter a dragon every single time I fast travel or every five minutes.

When dragons are about as common as stones in the road, they sorta lose their wow factor.