Double Fine Action Forums

I wantz Bioshock 2. But certain things prevent me, at least at the moment QQ

Anyway, I beat Halo 3 with my brother last night. Cruddy thing is, we played Heroic (difficulty) the entire time, we always played together and did the exact same thing, but he didn't get the 125 gamerscore points for beating the game on Normal, and the 125 for Heroic, both of which I got. I know achievement points don't REALLY matter, but it's still stupid that he didn't get them, especially since he has the achievement for beating each individual level, but not the whole game.

So I beat Bioshock 2 recently.

Got the good ending. Made me a bit teary-eyed.

I got the realistic ending, where Eleanor is aware of the bad things she has done and wonders if even she can be redeemed. (instead of going all evil and stuff)

Spoiler, rai. I beat it and wasn't planning on playing it again, but that my mess someone else up.

I played dragon age more today. Started the expansion, it's pretty awesome.

Anyway, I beat Halo 3 with my brother last night. Cruddy thing is, we played Heroic (difficulty) the entire time, we always played together and did the exact same thing, but he didn't get the 125 gamerscore points for beating the game on Normal, and the 125 for Heroic, both of which I got. I know achievement points don't REALLY matter, but it's still stupid that he didn't get them, especially since he has the achievement for beating each individual level, but not the whole game.

Get him to check which level's he has completed, you've most likely missed the opening cutscene (which still counts as a level for some reason) and all you have to do is load it up on heroic.

For him to check, he needs to sign in, go to campaign and look at the levels list. It SHOULD say next to them which difficulty he's completed it in.

Fable II - I kind of treat Fable like a drawn out character creator. I go in with an idea of what I want and by playing the game bring into reality. In this case the hero I'm trying to create is a slightly chubby female, who's reasonably pure and all good. Dresses like a high society woman but uses a blunt object in combat.

Super Mario Galaxy, and Mario & Luigi; Bowser's Inside Story.

Sometimes I say that Mario isn't that great, that he gets too much attention, blah blah blah. This may be true, but damn if Nintendo isn't amazing. These games are so addicting...

Get him to check which level's he has completed, you've most likely missed the opening cutscene (which still counts as a level for some reason) and all you have to do is load it up on heroic.

For him to check, he needs to sign in, go to campaign and look at the levels list. It SHOULD say next to them which difficulty he's completed it in.

I did check his campaign levels, but all it said that he had done was "Cortana" and "Halo". Everything else was [LOCKED]. Another wierd thing is that we got all the skulls together, and the only two skulls it said that he had were the two from the Cortana and Halo levels.

He actually doesn't care too much, but I can't deny that this is a really wierd sitchyation.

EDIT:

And also thanks for the suggestion.

Super Mario Galaxy, and Mario & Luigi; Bowser's Inside Story.

Sometimes I say that Mario isn't that great, that he gets too much attention, blah blah blah. This may be true, but damn if Nintendo isn't amazing. These games are so addicting...

I didn't like Galaxy 2, but Inside Story's writing was brilliant. That game is on par with Earthbound, I'd say.

Pixeljunk monsters is so fricking addictive and awesome, i going back and forth between Pixeljunk Monsters, Brutal Legend, and Oblivion ^_^

Spoiler, rai. I beat it and wasn't planning on playing it again, but that my mess someone else up.

I played dragon age more today. Started the expansion, it's pretty awesome.

Actually I don't see how,

since anyone who's started the game knows who Eleanor is, and the game (or course) heavily relies on your good or evil decisions, but I didn't say what bad decisions and what happens at the end other than she feels remorse if you do what I did.

. I'll spoiler-tag it though.

You're prolly right, Rai. But I think it's better safe than sorry, I remember beating the game but I don't remember anything about the ending, so I proboably shouldn't say what's a spoiler and what's not.

I beat the Dragon Age expansion today, and it was a lot of fun. In general though, the biggest problem with Dragon Age is the fact that the only way to prepare for boss fights seems like you just have to spend all of your money on health potions and hope for the best, because you know right off the bat that the rest of your party is going to die and not help.

More Halo 3, I should be getting the Spartan Officer achievement tonight or tomorrow.

Then tomorrow I'll be doing some cutsom games and stuff with my clan.

Cool. I wish I had a PC that could run it. I liked it so much I put something like 40-50 hours into that Xbox 360 version.

oh the xbox version so many memories (flashbacks) but on topic i have to turn EVERYTHING on low to play it with minimal lag

I beat Bioshock 2 in nine hours. Visually it is very much more than the first game. The NPCs are smarter. There are fewer levels but they are much bigger; sprawling, in fact. Yet, especially toward the end there was a feeling of hurry. I almost felt as if I were an actor in a movie being directed everywhere and there wasn't enough time to explore. The "terrible things" probably wouldn't happen until after a task was accomplished (most likely, I think) but the whole mood was hurry up hurry up; it ended up being less enjoyable than Bioshock. I do very much like it for the story and characterization, though. I think the idea of having a daughter to fight for might mean something more to a fifty year old player than a fifteen year old one. There were a couple of genuine surprises along the way. Old Western "my god what have I just done" kind of surprises that are unfortunately inevitable. I only played in totally good mode, didn't kill unless I had to. I just wish the pace had been a little less extreme from the middle onward. I would have liked a bit more sandbox, please. The new weapons and plasmids are fabulous. The ability to mix plasmids is fantastic. If you play nice, there may not be enough Adam to get all the plasmids and tonics but you could never equip all of it at once anyway so that's a moot point. One piece of advice: get Hypnotize 3 as early as you can. And I mean, above all else. It will come in handy. For nine hours, though, I don't know if this game rates the original price. I did get the collector's edition, but only because I'm a collector. I played it on Steam, which was having a $15 special on Sunday a couple of weeks back. For fifteen dollars, a nine hour game is worth it. But for all the work and the Hollywood blockbuster sized credits, 2K would have to charge premium pricing on a game like this. I only wish it had been at least twice as long and more evenly paced. And, in future editions (to my understanding there are to be five Bioshock games) I would like to be able to converse with the major characters and maybe even the NPCs. Maybe that's asking too much.

I just started playing both Red Dead Redemption and Final Fantasy 13. I think RDR is a great game and I am having a lot of fun with it, although I find the aiming to be a little undesirable, I can live with it. As for Final Fantasy 13, the linearity bugged me before I played it, and still does, I wish they put in some kind of puzzles or sidequests but that's fine. The story overall is ok with a few characters they need to take a page from previous final fantasy characters. And the battle system is really putting me off, I have so little control over anything its really annoying. Anyway I hope that later in the game it will surprise me.

And the battle system is really putting me off, I have so little control over anything its really annoying. Anyway I hope that later in the game it will surprise me.
once you unlock paradigm shifting and staggering it gets a lot more interesting, in my opinion.

Halo 3: ODST with my brother.

We're almost done.

We'll have to replay a mission though, since it didn't give us recognition for completing it :(

Halo 3: ODST with my brother.

We're almost done.

We'll have to replay a mission though, since it didn't give us recognition for completing it :(

I wish my brother would play games with me.

But he's all no! I dont want to Logan I a mean douchbag

I'm sorry about that.

Brothers should be cool with each other and do fun stuff because they're brothers.

I've been trying to get to 111% on Limbo, but I'm currently stuck at 106%. I know where I need to get to for 107% but I haven't quite figured out how to get in there.

Anyway, it's a great game. A little short, yes. But there are plenty of secrets to search for once you've finished it.

I have been playing Batman: Arkham Asylum. I 've finished the story and am now getting the riddler challenges.

I'm thinking of getting either Dead Space or Dragon Age: Origins. Does anyone know if Dragon Age plays similarly to Mass Effect at all?

It's not very similar to Mass Effect at all. Where as most of Mass Effect plays out in realtime and plays like a third person shooter. Dragon Age is very much a pause and command style RPG. It's very tactical and there's a lot more focus on controlling the actions of the entire party. It's crazy deep, but only as deep as you want it to be, the game is very good about accommodating a large swatch of different play styles.

Thank you. Strangely enough, that didn't make the decision any easier for me, but I have a much better idea of what Dragon Age would have in store for me now.

Two Worlds, because I bought the game for 3 bucks. The only price for a game like that. Not bad game if you get used to the frame rate issues and the BAD Voice acting.