Double Fine Action Forums

I bought it, not sure what it means to host a server. I've been playing nothing but single player so far. Having a blast too. I've been building this huge tree fort. Planting trees on top of trees to make it higher without having to waste a lot of wood. It's pretty awesome.

I bought it, not sure what it means to host a server. I've been playing nothing but single player so far. Having a blast too. I've been building this huge tree fort. Planting trees on top of trees to make it higher without having to waste a lot of wood. It's pretty awesome.
hosting a server = running your own mineworld or whatever where multiple people can join

I just got Minecraft today. All of the coal on my map seems to have spawned halfway up shear cliffs, but that just makes it more fun to get. I'm building an indoor greenhouse right now, so I don't have to deal with the crawlers.

On minecraft of course:

For you guys, do the spiders sit on top of your bases all night and jump down and kill you when you exit in the morning?

In like every base/fort i build, the stupid spiders ALWAYS perch on a ledge above my base and wait for me to come out, ALL DAY AND NIGHT... (it kinda bugs me that spiders are allowed to survive in the day too) that was a problem until i put cactus blocks on the roof...

Started playing through Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.

Again.

I think I need to finish the first one...

I, the Tree King have grown a new palace! It is most impressive. But I've only just begun! Soon my lovely trees will reach into the sky, like a wooden babel, it will touch the heavens!
I would love to see your tree house and how you made it.

Alright here are some pictures of my Tree Castle in the making.

From a distance

The enterance

Looking up at it's majesty

Viewed from the top

How to go about making one of these.

1. Read the Minepedia entry on Trees

2. You'll need at least:

1 Tree (grown by you are generated in world)

1 sapling (you can harvest them from leaf blocks, just keep bashing away at them until one drops)

1 block of dirt

Climb to the top of the tree using ladders, a block of some kind or just find a tree with a canopy really close to the ground. Get to the top and knock a small block sized hole in the canopy and replace the leaf block with the dirt (I like to put mine in the center, right above the trunk of the original tree). Plant sapling in dirt block. It should look something like this. Wait a few days for the sapling to grow into a tree and you've got yourself an extra tall tree. Rinse and Repeat as often as you want.

Tips: If the dirt block is exposed after the tree has grown it looks unnatural, knock out the dirt and replace it with an unrefined piece of wood. This serves no purpose, but it looks nice. Surround your saplings with torches. Trees need a light level of ten to grow. Adding torches keeps light on the tree at night and can't hurt to have a little more during the day. It can take awhile for a tree to grow. Just be patient and don't stare at the thing willing it to grow and it'll grow soon enough.

Thanks. Before I'm done I hope to have an entire forest of these things. With all of them interconnected via bridges. And eventually I'm going to attempt creating a giant tree comparable to the home tree in Avatar.

EDIT: I'm sad face. All my work has gone to rot. My computer crashed and now my save is gone. :'(

Oh well here's to starting over.

You guys think losing a save is bad, wait til you hear this.

I was playing some Minecraft last night, new save file and everything, and as luck would have it I spawned near not one but TWO dungeons. Since I was on Peaceful Mode there were no monsters to deal with and I happily emptied the dungeons of their loot. I remember getting some pretty sweet things, including several buckets, silver, wheat, bread and some other stuff.

Then I jumped off a really high cliff. That was very far from from the initial spawn point. Boo. But hey, I'm on another save file now and I'm having a blast just collecting Jack-o-Lanterns. Anyone know if these things light up brighter than a standard torch?

I haven't found any pumpkins yet so I couldn't say. Try the wiki maybe? I do know that they can stay lit underwater. Pretty useful.

My new World is proving successful. I'm going full out. Building a giant hallowed out tree to serve as my base. I've got a nice little underground tree farm going too.

I'm finding tons of pumpkin patches in my travels. As far as I can tell you can only find them at night? I think so at least. Just like how you can only find brown mushrooms at night

I'm thinking of making a "natural" modern home, which is basically hollowing out a cliff-side with resources and building an overhead loft out of one side and making it look all fancy and stuff. Hopefully I'll find one with a waterfall. I've seen my brother do it and it looks amazing

Ah, I know but the natural waterfalls just look so good. I've actually found a double-waterfall and I'm starting on my home now

Y'know, with all this talk of Minecraft maybe we should make another thread.

Replaying Morrowind in anticipation of Skyrim. I made a giant fireball that I call Hadouken. If I cast it, it kills everything in the room in exchange for all of my mana.

I NEED to play the first Kingdom Hearts. BUT MY PS2 IS STILL BROKEN AND I DON'T HAVE THE DISK. GRAAAAH. *headdesk*

I completed epic mickey recently. Its great and I felt the combat had a lot of potential. at first the items like the TV, watch and, the weight felt useless in combat, so did befriending, but at the very end the combat became frenetic, fun,and strategic. I had a small army of mops helping me attack the mini boss. Then the mops all turned on me since they got thinner on them. So I quickly got my TV to distract them and try to paint my mops again, The TV timed out and I only had a few mops painted So I dropped a weight on the mini bosses head slowed down time and paint more mops.