Double Fine Action Forums

I'm playing Just Cause 2 right now. I attached my car to a plane and hung from it for about ten minutes until I got bored, then I dropped down and stole a boat and started sailing back to the shore 17 kilometers away. This boat isn't very fast, I'm 7 km away right now.

I'm playing Just Cause 2 right now. I attached my car to a plane and hung from it for about ten minutes until I got bored, then I dropped down and stole a boat and started sailing back to the shore 17 kilometers away. This boat isn't very fast, I'm 7 km away right now.
Ha. I actually just did that a couple days ago, gotta love that grappling hook.

I just got The Sims 3 on console! :D

I also want to get NFS:HP next time I go to best buy.

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 was like my favorite racing game of all time when i was younger. But after Most Wanted it seems as all NFS have just completely went downhill... i was majorly excited for and totally let down by Undercover, and haven't purchased a NFS since, but since Criterion is making this one I found faith inside me, hope it does not let down...

Carbon was fun... but it was basically just Most Wanted except nighttime... Other then that to be honest it was pretty much the same game except for a couple new car customization features and one new race mode

Have you tried the demo?
Yeah it was cool, im hoping the game will be a tad better though... (Same thing happened with Burnout Paradise ^^)

I didn't play anything after Most Wanted to be honest. I didn't like the looks of Carbon and it was all down hill from there. Last racing game I've seriously enjoyed was Midnight Club: LA and it's hard as hell which makes it less enjoyable then I'd like.

The last racing game that I enjoyed was Burnout 3, I was disappointed with Revenge cause running into cars made it too easy, same with Paradise.

Underground 2 and Most Wanted were yes both the most fantastic racing games ive ever played... and i totally agree with scarecrow on the "Back when racing games were cool" thing

There's still Burnout Paradise

Though I prefer kart racers like Super Mario Kart and more recently Modnation Racers

You can recreate almost any character and track in Modnation Racers.

I wanted Modnation for awhile. But these days I'm getting tired of Console games. To costly, to both time and money.
I miss the days where you could go to a store with 60 bucks and buy 4 games, compared to the one you can buy nowadays.

tell me about it. I'm not buying any new games till april. backlog has grown tooo large. I bet I have enough games for the next 20 years.

so far 2011 is a bad year for console games. I'm just waiting for gameplay trailers of the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Uncharted 3.

There's Duke Nukem Forever. I still hope Gearbox releases the game. I'd love some old Skool FPS

I haven't bought COD: Blops nor will I buy MW3. i already have 5 COD's in this 1 console generation -_-;

the real highlight for 2011 is Stacking

I wanted Modnation for awhile. But these days I'm getting tired of Console games. To costly, to both time and money.
I miss the days where you could go to a store with 60 bucks and buy 4 games, compared to the one you can buy nowadays.

triple A titles were $/€60 back in the days

Problem is the rise of shovelware and gimmicky motioncontrolled game. Used to be budget games. Now every new game has a $60 price

I might get Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I'm not into military-style shooters, but I hear it's pretty fun. Better than any Modern Warfare I'm told

I'm also looking forward to Stacking. I'd splurge on an Xbox 360 sooner just for Stacking.

Edit: Also, I'm playing alot of Ragnarok Online these days. It's a Korean MMORPG, and no, it's not in Korean. My Steam and general internet connection has been pretty crummy lately and it's the only thing that works right now. It's not an amazing, mind-blowing game. It's not even a relatively good game. But I played this game when it first came out and have a certain fondness for it. It's a little better now that theres been some major revamps

the best part about BF: Bad Company 2 is the lack of pre-and post game lobbies. you don't have to listen to whining 12 year olds whose asses got kicked by your team.

I never play deathmatch games on BC2, always Rush or Conquest as these modes require teamwork. you get better rewards for objective based gametypes and teamwork