Double Fine Action Forums

I used a P3 with windows 98 till 2006. then my parents bought me a new one. back then I was playing a MMO private server. used to have 6 clients running at the same time w/o lag. 1 client to play. 5 other clients to sell stuff in town.

maybe it's time for a new PC, or at least a new gfx card. the geforce 7600 has become minimum requierment to play new games

The penumbra games were okay, Amnesia is in whole new league of awesomeness though, cept the end part, it ruined allot of the emotional attachment for me.

I'm replaying the Half Life series now. Easily the best two (four if you count Episodes 1 and 2 as their own games which I don't) FPS's ever made, in my opinion.

I played the new Call of Duty at my friends house for the first time today, and my friend always makes fun of me for not playing shooting games. And then I played this game mode called "Sticks and Stones" and I did really good, because if you get killed one way you lose all your points, so I would get a bunch of kills then hide the rest of the match. It was actually kind of a fun game type.

Guitar Hero Smash Hits for PS2

Yea...

I said PS2

What's wrong with the PS2? There are a lot of good PS2 games.

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, Katamari Damacy, Psychonauts...

Don't forget Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, Resident Evil 4, Disgaea 1 and 2, Persona 4, Ratchet & Clank 1-3, Devil May Cry 1-3, Sly Cooper, Jak & Daxter, etc.

BTW, the Xbox version of Psychonauts is way better than the PS2 version. Well, actually, I never did play the PS2 version, but I heard that it was a very shitty port with endless amounts of issues, so that's why I got it on Xbox. Not trying to brag, but still...

Raz turning Blue in the emulation on Xbox 360 does it pretty handily for me.

I have an Xbox 360 (never did have the old Xbox) and downloaded the game from the Xbox Live Games on Demand last year, and so I play the game using my 360, but whenever I pause, I always make sure I go into first-person view and then pause, because this method prevents it from happening 97% of the time.

It's nice to see people have heard of Amnesia. I guess it was pretty successful for the developers, and it's nice to hear a success story in these crazy times.

I am looking forward to playing Psychonauts on my new PC this summer. Now that I have one capable of playing it I can finally open my PC copy. I am holding off because I have such a strong relation of Psychoanuts and summer and I think it'd be a nice way to celebrate the warm weather returning.

I am very excited for Crysis 2 now. I just finished up Crysis 1 and Warhead. Verry cool games. My computer isn't strong enough to run them very well, but i enjoyed them. Isn't the multiplayer demo for Crysis 2 coming out in a week or two?

I just started playing Halo: Reach. It's neat so far. Anyone else have it? Maybe we can all get together and play again!

@Outscisor - I'm guessing the blue Raz that was mentioned is something that happens occasionally in the X360 download of Psychonauts. I have it for the original Xbox and never had any problems. It probably also works fine on Steam as I haven't heard any complaints from there.

@dangeRoss - I don't have Halo Reach or an X360 for that matter. Though I do have both Halo and Halo 2 for the Xbox, I've never really played either (I got them all together with the Xbox- but I actually got it to play Psychonauts which I had bought before even getting the Xbox!)

I am currently playing Scott Pilgrim as it was one of the most talked about games last year. Gotta say- it's a lot of fun. I intend to read all the comics eventually. (btw- the gameplay in Scott Pilgrim is very reminiscent of an old game for the original NES called River City Ransom. I doubt anyone remembers or cares about this, but there you go!) :)

completed The Godfather II a few minutes ago. nothing mindblowing about this game, nor was it bad. definately worth a rent. You can beat it in 10-15 hours

next game on to beat list is Far Cry 2. I had a safe file halfway into the game. when my X360 RROD'd and the HDD got wiped by MS.

after Fr Cry 2, it's Psychonauts

completed The Godfather II a few minutes ago. nothing mindblowing about this game, nor was it bad. definately worth a rent. You can beat it in 10-15 hours

next game on to beat list is Far Cry 2. I had a safe file halfway into the game. when my X360 RROD'd and the HDD got wiped by MS.

after Fr Cry 2, it's Psychonauts

Don't rush through Far Cry 2 it's a game that is meant to be played slowly. I recommend playing it on a higher difficulty than normal because it will kind of force you to be more tactical and slow. You should also read the journal after each mission (press start IIRC) if you want to know what the hell is going on with the story(the ending won't make ANY sense to you if you don't read it).

Ah man, every time someone mentions they are playing Far Cry 2 I come and try to tell them how they should play the game. I do it because the first time I played it and finished it I thought it was a bad game but the second time I played it I tried to play it the "right" way and then I finally "got" it. It's one of my favorite games now.

On topic: I'm playing Deadly Premonition. It's a bad game with ugly graphics and annoying controls and I absolutely love it. It may be one of the most interesting games I have ever played.

"I am shocked like a weasel in an electric chair" - Francis York Morgan

You should wait until the Squier (is that how you spell it?) guitar releases dont buy the Mustang guitar the Mustang is just another plastic controller that "simulates" real guitar And the Squire is a real 6 STRING GUITAR THAT CAN BE USED TO PLAY FOR REAL :o
Yeah but that probably cost like, I don't know $6,000,000. Besides I have a real guitar that can used to play for real instead of some crappy game controller Squier.

The Squire is a real guitar T_T

And it costs 280$

And I can assure you im buying it :lol:

How much does the Mustang thing cost?

EDIT: Oops... I just pulled a Warrior, www.google.com

So I bought NFS:High Stakes for PS1 (That NFS game from 1999)

And when It got here I find out it was for PC and I blame myself for never reading the description before buying something online

But still I obviously have a PC so I said "hey I will play it on my PC" only to find out the game dosent work on Windows 7 >:(

:blank:

Now I am forced to play it on my dads OLD ass Windows XP

There is nothing wrong with XP but...His computer is so SLOW

:wow:

I tried to kill a bear with my hands in RDR to see if there was a Jebediah Springfield achivement. Bad idea...