Sign in to follow this  
gulstar

new Future development plans

For the people who haven't seen it yet: http://www.spacebasedf9.com/devplans

I really like the new way of splitting up the dev plans. This way it easier to see which things you prioritize on and what to expect in the future.

I'm looking forward to the new garden rooms, this way there will be another few things to take care of before things start to get repetitive.

From the near future updates, i'm looking forward to the carrying stuff and the better skills algorithm. That way people will get more distinctive persanalities and you could even bond with a couple.

So if you look at this list, what are you guys the most excited about?

I'm very interested in seeing how reactors change the dynamic of the game although I'm terrified of another crucial piece of machinery that my technicians will ignore.

I'm super excited for all of it, really. The base management genre feels pretty empty these days. So having a game come out that falls into this niche, and about a space-base no less, is amazing. The premise is genius, I can't wait to better manage my space people.

Something I'm curious about: has there been any announcement by the devs as to the timeframe of updates? One thing I love about these more dedicated dev teams is that they're generally very transparent. The folks working on State of Decay are a great example of this. They'll let you know what they're planning and the tentative schedule for releases and things. Likewise, if things crop up, they're not afraid of letting everyone know.

Has anything similar happened with DF-9? Likewise, the devs seem pretty active on the board itself. Very glad I dropped cash to pick this up on Steam.