Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zbyl

Website defect

The website doesn't have a "Vent into space" button.

How am I supposed to vent my favorite update into space now?

Haha, I went into this thread worried that there was actually a major bug in the website that I somehow never fixed! This seems like a pretty crucial feature to implement but I'm not sure I have the time right now unfortunately!

It's ok. I'll just spend more time bending the geometry of the universe with Skew/Unskew. It's like going into hyperspace.

It's ok. I'll just spend more time bending the geometry of the universe with Skew/Unskew. It's like going into hyperspace.

Make sure you do a "WHHOOOOSH" sound with your voice and tightly grip your desk chair . It really enhances the experience.

I can't stop playing with that thing. I'm going to make a website where the ENTIRE PAGE skews/unskews.

I actually did this just as a goofy test but it was too much of an unreadable disaster.

i was so excited to vent stuff into space i vented without reading the post, but luckily i can just reload the page and it's as if i had never vented at all. VENT! VENT! VENT!

Is that a custom parallax? :o

I thought you were using Jarallax or something similar.

Nice one! :)

Is that a custom parallax? :o

I thought you were using Jarallax or something similar.

Nice one! :)

Yeah I wrote it. That code was originally written for http://www.gonehomegame.com/ (which was also designed by Jake Rodkin, who I worked with on the Spacebase website as well, and who also designed the SBDF9 in-game UI) so I just re-used it for this. I'm sure standalone libraries like Jarallax are way more advanced! But this did what it needed to do.

Sign in to follow this