Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Saucy!

Oh, Yahtzee, how do I love thee?

Let me count the ways.

About 61, not counting your website writings!

I swear to god, this guy. This guy. This, this, GOD, if you will.

Did any of you ever see the movie "We're Back!" starring John Goodman as a T-rex who was reanimated from some bones in a museum or something, along with his other lovable dinosaur pals? Remember how the good guy professor had this radio that broadcasted good dreams so he could use the ideas for amazing inventions, and his brother had this radio that broadcasted everyone's nightmares so he could use that in his CIRCUS OF FEAR?

I'm pretty sure by this point that Yahtzee has a radio like this, and the frequency is set to "Saucy's general video game opinion." Every time he makes a review, I poop at how accurately and amusingly he conveys his point, and how it neatly coincides with stuff I think.

I was discussing the other day how badly everyone is screwing up on Wii games, with the Dreamcast graphics and complete lack of polish and the generally awful integration of waggle control, and then here's Yahtzee, discussing the exact same subject. Not the first time this has happened, probably won't be the last.

This would be spooky if he weren't a nonthreatening British guy on the complete other side of the world from me. Still, though.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/251-Star-Wars-The-Force-Unleashed

From your vigorous posting on the subject I can tell that you are all rabid fans of Zero Punctuation

I love ZeroPunctuation! He has the same game tastes as me: Portal, Psychonauts, Prince of Persia <3

Too bad he is an Aussie though. They get a bad deal when it comes to importing games :(

ALso anyone here a fan of Unforgotten Realms. I swear, I am such dork for knowing all the lingo and minor jokes. :P

I don't watch it religiously, but I must admit its always enjoyable when I do give it a go. And I agree 100% with all the George Lucas spearing. xD

I liked UR for a bit, but then it started getting really dumbed down and plotless, so I stopped watching it. I'm currently awaiting the return of "The Guild" Best video game related programming anywhere.

Yess! Another Guild fan!

That show was great but all the actors are busy and felicia barely has time to play mmos orwrite the show at the moment :(

While Yahtzee makes me chuckle every now and then, and seems like a nice gentleman - I do not find his work as raucously entertaining as many do. He merely takes a few minutes to summarize his thoughts and spends the rest of the time making visual/audio gags, which can be very hit and miss. He seems to have also borrowed very heavily from Charlie Brooker, who has a sharper wit all 'round.

I love Brooker, best of all the Guardian columnists. Both he and Croshaw definitely have the kind of grumpy, cynical sense of humour I enjoy. I'm a bit baffled by how successful Zero Punctuation has been though.

I love Brooker, best of all the Guardian columnists. Both he and Croshaw definitely have the kind of grumpy, cynical sense of humour I enjoy. I'm a bit baffled by how successful Zero Punctuation has been though.

He certainly is that. I have been meaning to pick up Screen Burn and Dawn of the Dumb, but currently have too many books to wade through.

I liked UR for a bit, but then it started getting really dumbed down and plotless, so I stopped watching it. I'm currently awaiting the return of "The Guild" Best video game related programming anywhere.

Yess! Another Guild fan!

That show was great but all the actors are busy and felicia barely has time to play mmos orwrite the show at the moment :(

Everything I've read online implies that the gang is in pre-production on Season 2 right now. As for Felicia not playing MMOs she wasn't playing WoW when she started the show.

While Yahtzee makes me chuckle every now and then, and seems like a nice gentleman - I do not find his work as raucously entertaining as many do. He merely takes a few minutes to summarize his thoughts and spends the rest of the time making visual/audio gags, which can be very hit and miss. He seems to have also borrowed very heavily from Charlie Brooker, who has a sharper wit all 'round.

After watching several videos, Charlie Brooker seems like a more foul-mouthed and less outdated British Andy Rooney to me.

He is kinda funny. And his reviews are brutually honest which I appreciate. It'd just be nice if he wasn't ...so brutual? Does that make any sense?

ARRRGGH, why is it so hard for me to post on dese here foums lately? It's like they are angry at me. Is it because I stole it's man-which?

Sign in to follow this