Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheeseness

DF Game Club: Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Yeah, thanks for the log. I suddenly had to leave the chat, so I'm glad you make logs available afterwards.

I've missed most of both sessions now. Hopefully I'll be able to stay through the whole thing next Saturday.

The stream archive (part 3a, part 3b) and chat log are up in the first post. Thanks to everybody who showed up. It was a good session!

Next week, we'll be making a start on Gone Home. In the meantime though, what did everbody think of Indy?

It's been a while since I've played, and I was a bit distracted during the first two streams, but I'll try to do a rating from memory :D

Story: 8 The story is fairly solid aside from maybe a couple too many cliché characters. The Indy presented here seems a little more thoughtful (or maybe we get more insight into his inner thoughts) and I've always appreciated that.

Usability: 8 Typically solid LucasArts adventure title built on fairly well established interfaces.

Gameplay: 8 Whilst there's potentially a lot of backtracking, the game still feels pretty well constructed and the multiple paths aspect offers interesting challenges tailored towards different playstyles. I recall the fists path feeling a little weak compared to the other two, but maybe that's just because it's not my sort of approach.

Assets: 9 There's some really nice artwork in this game. The voice acting is fairly solid (aside from some more cliché accents), and the music is, as always, lovely.

Impact: 9 I always recall this being one of my favourite adventure games. It's got a little humour, but is compelling and intriguing in a way that more silly adventures can't capture.

Overall: 42

Completed: Yes

Sign in to follow this