Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Johannes

[Suggestion] Change 'Erase' Building option to 'Deselect'

A minor fix, but when I first started playing I was very confused what the difference between 'Demolish' and 'Erase' was.

(This was compounded by the fact that 'Erase' sometimes doesn't actually remove the selected constructions)

The term 'Erase' is too ambiguous when placed together with 'Demolish', since both effectively mean 'to remove'

I think if 'Erase' were renamed as 'Deselect', it would make much more sense - you are deselecting a selection that you previously made, be it for demolishing or building an object.

The hotkey 'D' could then be used instead of 'E'

Deselect sounds wrong to me. It's not a selection, it's tracings on a blueprint, drawings, build planning. Maybe retract (build plan), cancel (think that's already used though), abort, unplan, detrace, anull, something along those lines. Or if we make it longer - erase build plan.

Deselect sounds wrong to me. It's not a selection, it's tracings on a blueprint, drawings, build planning. Maybe retract (build plan), cancel (think that's already used though), abort, unplan, detrace, anull, something along those lines. Or if we make it longer - erase build plan.

Valid points. Deselect works when used with demolish, but doesn't make sense for planned buildings.

Of your suggestions I like 'unplan' and 'erase plan' - that makes it clearer that you're affecting only the currently planned actions.

Sign in to follow this