• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Asif Siddiky

Sidequest: "What I Wish I Could Have Done Then..." [Peter McConnell]

I really love hearing Peter McConnell’s input about scoring video games: truly creative and versatile. Hope to see him again in future videos :)

They're selling the soundtrack for this game aren't they?

Working on the music for games must be rather weird, it's so integral but often gets ignored by the end user. Then on the other hand you've got fans enjoying the music of games 20 years old while the pop-bands of the day are forgotten.

We will sell it, yeah. Our game soundtracks are up at http://doublefine.bandcamp.com/

You know, I still like the stuff you did for Thirty Flights of Loving, I sometimes load it up and just leave it on a scene to let the score loop.

It's also weird that I have a post card signed by you and the other guys from idleThumbs, call it an oddity but I have to remind myself when I'm here that you're the same Chris Remo.

Working on the music for games must be rather weird, it's so integral but often gets ignored by the end user. Then on the other hand you've got fans enjoying the music of games 20 years old while the pop-bands of the day are forgotten.

We will sell it, yeah. Our game soundtracks are up at http://doublefine.bandcamp.com/

You know, I still like the stuff you did for Thirty Flights of Loving, I sometimes load it up and just leave it on a scene to let the score loop.

It's also weird that I have a post card signed by you and the other guys from idleThumbs, call it an oddity but I have to remind myself when I'm here that you're the same Chris Remo.

Thanks! You can buy the TFOL score as well: http://music.chrisremo.com/

(Yeah, kind of weird!)

Very cool sidequest!! I love Peter McConnell´s work!

Thanks! You can buy the TFOL score as well: http://music.chrisremo.com/

(Yeah, kind of weird!)

Good music! Congratulations Chris Remo!!

Wow, what a fantastic sidequest. Peter is very talented. I can't wait to play the game and then when I hear the music, I'll think back to this video of him talking about composing it.

Also, this video really shows how much the perfect score can add to a scene in film or games. It's great to hear him talk about that. I'm getting excited to play the game next year!

Thanks for the amazing backer updates. They're well worth my time and the money I paid to back the game. I enjoy every minute of them.

Can't believe I never thought to get a high desk and chair like Peter has, seems so much more convenient when tracking and keeps you on your feet. Thanks :D

Is it still possible to legally purchase the Grim Fandango soundtrack these days given the physical version is out of print? Preferably on any platform except for itunes?

Really enjoyed this sidequest and now I have Peter McConnell's name to attach to all these varied tracks I grew up with and was inspired by, makes me want to investigate further still. Totally understand the concept of always being just about ready to record as well, used to so often be the case that I'd lose that initial spark of inspiration before I was able to capture it properly.

The man's a musical genius. Hearing the impromptu song he put into that Broken Age scene gave me chills.

Sign in to follow this