Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bidiot Bales

Upset about girls thread.

ok so the other day i was saying weird random shit (irn-bru makes great iced lollies) and this girl who was there was all like "the things you say give me shivers" and i was like "in a good way or a bad way?" and she was like "both!..." and i don't even know what that means

my life

guys

I thought Feddlefew was the resident scientist. They must battle it out now to decide who is the best of the science ladies. I DEMAND A SCIENCE BATTLE!

Silly boy. Scientists don't battle.

They secretly get together and scheme the destruction of us mere mortals.

(while secretly plotting to stab each other in the back and take all the glory for themselves! MWAHAHAHA!!!)

^True. 8^)

and the other day i was bantering with that girl as she was walking out the door and then this other girl who was there was like "ugh so much sexual tension between you two" and i turned around all surprise-faced and she was like "what, too soon?" and i totally felt awkward for the rest of the day and wondered if it was that obvious and then yesterday i was sitting in the backroom organizing stuff and there was kind of a very long pause in our conversation where we just sat next to each other and i said nothing and then we just went back to work and i feel like i totally should have said something but i didn't ugh i feel like a high school. an entire high school. guys seriously.

I love how you changed her name, even though it would have no consequence whether you change it or not in the first place.

hot seriously.

and the other day i was bantering with that girl (let's call her "sarah") as she was walking out the door and then this other girl who was there was like "ugh so much sexual tension between you two" and i turned around all surprise-faced and she was like "what, too soon?" and i totally felt awkward for the rest of the day and wondered if it was that obvious and then yesterday i was sitting in the backroom organizing stuff with sarah and there was kind of a very long pause in our conversation where we just sat next to each other and i said nothing and then we just went back to work and i feel like i totally should have said something but i didn't ugh i feel like a high school. an entire high school. guys seriously.

Just pick the banter back up. It'd be weird if Girl B repeated her sentiment, so you should be able to pick up where you left off without worrying about sneak attacks.

She's probably trying to tell you it's that cold outside unless she's also doing more obvious flirty things, like leaving her hand there for more than the requisite three seconds of contact, or changing the tone of her voice to the "flirty" one.

hey if a girl touches your forearm with her cold hand and says "feel how cold it is outside" does that mean she's interested in you or is she just trying to tell you that it's cold?????????????????

In my experience, when a girl finds an excuse for physical contact like that, it usually means she's at least mildly interested in you.

If a girl touches me, especially with some sort of excuse like that, it usually leads to at least a date.

I wouldn't make my move just yet. But it'd be a good idea to find ways to engage physical contact with her as well. It creates sort of a build up, and increases how comfortable she is with you.

hey if a girl touches your forearm with her cold hand and says "feel how cold it is outside" does that mean she's interested in you or is she just trying to tell you that it's cold?????????????????

In my experience, when a girl finds an excuse for physical contact like that, it usually means she's at least mildly interested in you.

If a girl touches me, especially with some sort of excuse like that, it usually leads to at least a date.

I wouldn't make my move just yet. But it'd be a good idea to find ways to engage physical contact with her as well. It creates sort of a build up, and increases how comfortable she is with you.

Not sure man. In winter, some of my female colleague go like "OMG the heating in my office is broken!!" *touches my cheek*

It means absolutely nothing

Not sure man. In winter, some of my female colleague go like "OMG the heating in my office is broken!!" *touches my cheek*

It means absolutely nothing

Some people are just creepily touchy-feely like that.

i think in canada casual touching like that is much less common. though some people still do it. i don't know.

anyway my problem is that i have no idea what "obvious flirty things" are. if somebody tried a flirty tone of voice on me i probably would not recognize it. i think i should just wear a hidden camera and have you guys tell me what to say through an earpiece like on those bad reality tv shows. it is my only hope.

^ Girl advice. (It's harder than it sounds, Alcoremortis!)

She's just a girl. It's not like she's going to spit acid in your face or turn into a dragon at the tip of a hat. Asking her for the deal is the best way to get a correct answer. And if she lies to you or sidesteps the question, do you really want to be hanging out with her? Agonizing over a random gesture is a complete waste of time. You get nowhere and will probably sabotage any potential relationship by being awkward about it.

She's just a girl. It's not like she's going to spit acid in your face or turn into a dragon at the tip of a hat.

You OBVIOUSLY have no experience with women, guy.

Well, she might stab you with a spike heel, but if you can run fast enough and can distract her with chocolates, you'll probably be fine.

^ Girl advice. (It's harder than it sounds, Alcoremortis!)

She's just a girl. It's not like she's going to spit acid in your face or turn into a dragon at the tip of a hat. Asking her for the deal is the best way to get a correct answer. And if she lies to you or sidesteps the question, do you really want to be hanging out with her? Agonizing over a random gesture is a complete waste of time. You get nowhere and will probably sabotage any potential relationship by being awkward about it.

ok so asking through facebook message: cool or not cool

Not very cool. Not if you're going to ask "Do you like me?", anyway.

I kind of disagree with Al's approach of asking her what the deal is ( this, to me, seems a little confrontational and even if I liked someone a lot, I think I would be extremely flustered if someone asked me to lay my cards on the table without offering anything up first). If you like her, then just ask her if she has any interest in going with you to the movies ( just have a day in mind when it would work with both of your schedules, but make sure there are good movie options, too). I sort of think it's important to see her outside of the work environment. If she's hesitant don't be downcast, just leave it as an open invitation. That would put the ball firmly in her court to ask you if she's interested.

Sign in to follow this