Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bidiot Bales

Upset about girls thread.

See, I think that's fine to shoot over Facebook. Especially because, I agree, if there are lots of people around that makes it really difficult if you're feeling awkward. Just don't be weird and avoid her at work or anything, that goes for if she says yes, and if she says no. I also might actually start with asking her what her work schedule is like the next week, and then ask her to go to the movies on a specific day that would work for you schedule-wise too. I would figure out a day, though, and not say "sometime".

If she says yes, great, awesome!

If she declines outright, you have a few options. Whether you just accept her decline, or you leave it as an open invitation or both, I would still try to make her laugh. Leaves you in a less weird place when you are face to face, and it'd show that you aren't particularly crushed (even if you are- you'll get over it).

PM'd

Don't leave me hanging bro.

Actually it's okay to leave me hanging. If you're not ready to ask her to the movies, that's okay. I just don't think it makes sense for you to agonize over whether or not she likes you. I think you need to figure out if you like her apart from whether or not she likes you back. And zee is right, it absolutely doesn't hurt to foster a friendship first.

hey if a girl touches your forearm with her cold hand and says "feel how cold it is outside" does that mean she's interested in you or is she just trying to tell you that it's cold?????????????????

In my experience, when a girl finds an excuse for physical contact like that, it usually means she's at least mildly interested in you.

If a girl touches me, especially with some sort of excuse like that, it usually leads to at least a date.

I wouldn't make my move just yet. But it'd be a good idea to find ways to engage physical contact with her as well. It creates sort of a build up, and increases how comfortable she is with you.

Not sure man. In winter, some of my female colleague go like "OMG the heating in my office is broken!!" *touches my cheek*

It means absolutely nothing

I'm just saying in my experience. The only exception being if I've been friends with the girl, and neither of us are pursuing a romantic relationship with each other.

I guess I'm just different from a lot of guys. I'm a little more direct with women I like. If I sense that a girl even slightly likes me, I don't waste time getting a date, cause she may very well get the sense that I don't like her, and she will lose interest. Only exception is the girl I'm dating now. we were really close friends for 3 years prior. I guess it took time to realize we are right for each other. In fact, maybe my previous approaches to dating were entirely wrong because this has been my most successful relationship thus far. So don't listen to a thing I say. :lol:

Except this life tip: being really close friends before dating is a real upside.

I had a crush on a girl last year.

She rejected me.

Never opening up about my feelings ever again.

PM'd

Don't leave me hanging bro.

Actually it's okay to leave me hanging. If you're not ready to ask her to the movies, that's okay. I just don't think it makes sense for you to agonize over whether or not she likes you. I think you need to figure out if you like her apart from whether or not she likes you back. And zee is right, it absolutely doesn't hurt to foster a friendship first.

sorry for leaving you hanging sis. i totally facebook messaged her like 10 minutes ago and i will tell you if i get a positive reply. if not whateves it's not the end of the world.

also it just occurred to me that earlier today at work she was looking over my shoulder while i was on dfaf. if for god knows what reason she somehow comes to read this: it totally is the end of the world if you don't reply to me and i will be very sad. also 95% of the stuff i say on this website is ironic. 5% of it is profoundly sincere. please don't try to figure out which is which.

That's ok, maybe she's been squealing in glee for the last hour and fell unconscious from lack of oxygen. Anyway, I'm glad you gave it a shot!

I would say that's code for: "I enjoy hanging out with you and don't want to drive you away because you're cool to have around, but at the same time, I'm not sure if I'm ready to commit to any sort of romantic engagement just right now."

Either that or it means: "I have plans tonight."

Maybe she was excited about those plans, or it could be a sort of thing where she's trying to look sad that she can't go out with you so you don't up and leave. I'd say don't press too hard. Because if it's the latter, she doesn't want you to go, but she also isn't totally sure about getting closer. Push it and she might start feeling the situation is too awkward to deal with.

so anyway i haven't sent any more messages or anything since the last one, and i'm not sure if i even want to. sometimes this girl is super friendly to me (she put her head on my shoulder the other day) and sometimes she acts antagonistic (i asked what the print on her scarf said and she didn't tell me while easily telling the next person who came along so it's not like it was some super private secret). now obviously i don't really care what it says on her scarf and it was just a throwaway make-conversation question to me, but stuff like that still feels kind of passive-aggressive (or at best, immature).

anyway i just felt like ranting. meanwhile this other guy's girlfriend told me that he told her that i was cool and he wants to hang out with me. this other girl asks me to go with her on her lunch breaks all the time and gave me her number for whatever reason. maybe the lesson here is that i should spend more time talking to people who obviously want to talk to me, and aren't all mixed messages.

so anyway i haven't sent any more messages or anything since the last one, and i'm not sure if i even want to. sometimes this girl is super friendly to me (she put her head on my shoulder the other day) and sometimes she acts antagonistic (i asked what the print on her scarf said and she didn't tell me while easily telling the next person who came along so it's not like it was some super private secret). now obviously i don't really care what it says on her scarf and it was just a throwaway make-conversation question to me, but stuff like that still feels kind of passive-aggressive (or at best, immature).

anyway i just felt like ranting. meanwhile this other guy's girlfriend told me that he told her that i was cool and he wants to hang out with me. this other girl asks me to go with her on her lunch breaks all the time and gave me her number for whatever reason. maybe the lesson here is that i should spend more time talking to people who obviously want to talk to me, and aren't all mixed messages.

Hey you got a number. Thats pretty good either way.

(Beats me for sure, I haven't ever gotten close to even that. So you're not quite more hopeless than hopeless yet dude! xD)

Keep down that route, and I'm sure opportunities will be all over the place before long.

I agree, talking to ladies and hanging out with them is a pretty good basis for any sort of relationship. Not talking to ladies and not hanging out with them is not such a great basis on which to build relationships.

As for me, I think my current plan is to marry a bridge. Bridge's family won't be in attendance, and since I would be marrying a bridge, neither would my family, making for a particularly stress-free wedding.

and the other day i was bantering with that girl as she was walking out the door and then this other girl who was there was like "ugh so much sexual tension between you two" and i turned around all surprise-faced and she was like "what, too soon?" and i totally felt awkward for the rest of the day and wondered if it was that obvious and then yesterday i was sitting in the backroom organizing stuff and there was kind of a very long pause in our conversation where we just sat next to each other and i said nothing and then we just went back to work and i feel like i totally should have said something but i didn't ugh i feel like a high school. an entire high school. guys seriously.

ok wow guys. i was having a conversation with this same girl and we're talking about age for some reason and i ask her how old she is because i forgot and she says something like "hey i was listening when you told me how old you were" and then she recalled my age and i was all like "aw thanks for listening to me" as she was getting up to leave because her break was over and then she just kind of stood there and we stared at each other for like 5 seconds until i instinctively looked away for a moment because my brain said "whoa this is clearly an excessive amount of eye contact" and then i looked back at her and she was still looking at me then she turned away and left.

if that other girl from my quote were there she would have had a field day

i seriously need to say something next time

and the other day i was bantering with that girl as she was walking out the door and then this other girl who was there was like "ugh so much sexual tension between you two" and i turned around all surprise-faced and she was like "what, too soon?" and i totally felt awkward for the rest of the day and wondered if it was that obvious and then yesterday i was sitting in the backroom organizing stuff and there was kind of a very long pause in our conversation where we just sat next to each other and i said nothing and then we just went back to work and i feel like i totally should have said something but i didn't ugh i feel like a high school. an entire high school. guys seriously.

ok wow guys. i was having a conversation with this same girl and we're talking about age for some reason and i ask her how old she is because i forgot and she says something like "hey i was listening when you told me how old you were" and then she recalled my age and i was all like "aw thanks for listening to me" as she was getting up to leave because her break was over and then she just kind of stood there and we stared at each other for like 5 seconds until i instinctively looked away for a moment because my brain said "whoa this is clearly an excessive amount of eye contact" and then i looked back at her and she was still looking at me then she turned away and left.

if that other girl from my quote were there she would have had a field day

i seriously need to say something next time

This sounds really cute man. It seems a little weird for somebody to just stop and make eye contact with you for that long in the middle of leaving, but eh - still cute.

Friday night and I need a fight

My motorcycle and a switchblade knife

Handful of grease in my hair feels right

But what I need to make me tight are

Girls, Girls, Girls

Long legs and burgundy lips

Girls,

Dancin' down on Sunset Strip

Girls

Red lips, fingertips

Trick or treat-sweet to eat

On Halloween and New Year's Eve

Yankee girls ya just can't beat

But they're the best when they're off their feet

Girls, Girls, Girls

At the Dollhouse in Ft. Lauderdale

Girls, Girls. Girls

Rocking in Atlanta at Tattletails

Girls, Girls, Girls

Raising Hell at the 7th Veil Have you read the news

In the Soho Tribune

Ya know she did me

Well then she broke my heart

I'm such a good good boy

I just need a new toy

I tell ya what, girl

Dance for me, I'll keep you overemployed

Just tell me a story

You know the one I mean

Crazy Horse, Paris, France

Forget the names, remember romance

I got the photos, a menage a trois

Musta broke those Frenchies laws with those

Girls, Girls. Girls

Body Shop. Marble Arch

Girls, Girls, Girls

Tropicana's where I lost my heart

Girls, Girls, Girls

ok so this girl and i kind of had an argument and i felt like she was making fun of me so i spent like two days being mad at her until the end of the day when i was leaving and i was like "i'm not really mad anymore and i don't expect an apology, but i'd like to know if you just think of me as a joke" and she was all like "you're not a joke" and then she paused and we kind of looked at each other and i think she could tell i wasn't sure if she was sincere or not so she said it again and then we had a like really intense hug. and we still haven't even spent any time with each other outside of work. ha ha. my life, seriously. what am i doing.

ok so this girl and i kind of had an argument and i felt like she was making fun of me so i spent like two days being mad at her until the end of the day when i was leaving and i was like "i'm not really mad anymore and i don't expect an apology, but i'd like to know if you just think of me as a joke" and she was all like "you're not a joke" and then she paused and we kind of looked at each other and i think she could tell i wasn't sure if she was sincere or not so she said it again and then we had a like really intense hug. and we still haven't even spent any time with each other outside of work. ha ha. my life, seriously. what am i doing.

ZbK6CUr.gif

I wish I could give some advice, but I'm not the best person for advice on girls. I'm interested in two different girls right now and I apparently have the worst timing ever, because both are currently unavailable.

She probably wouldn't go out of her way to say something like that if she wasn't thinking about you in some capacity. What is she interested in? Or what do you talk about?

I don't think you need advice on that Hot, I mean - I like hearing about it, and it's cool for people to pitch in, but it sounds to me like everything with this girl is just working out Allllllllright, just keep doing your thing man.

Also I ship it.

Sign in to follow this