Sign in to follow this  
Bidiot Bales

2PP?

I was under the impression that 2PP was doc-ing the whole of MC's development? If not, my mistake. :)

I just haven't seen any episodes yet, or are they backer exclusive?

This is the information as I understand it -- feel to correct me if I am wrong somewhere!

2PP is involved in the Live Streams, and will be cobbling together some dev diaries at least from that (may with some content from outside of those as well, I am not sure). For Massive Chalice, Double Fine did not go the route of 'Backer Exclusive' information or updates -- it is a more open development than Broken Age, so there are no backer exclusive Eps (outside of quality). This is from the kickstarter:

"It turns out they aren't sick of us yet! If the project is funded, 2 Player will be able to create a series of development diaries chronicling the creation of MASSIVE CHALICE. These will be released to the general public, but backers will also get exclusive access to high-quality HD downloadable versions ($50 tier and above)."

I don't believe any cut and formatted dev diaries have been released, but the Live Streams are all archived on Double Fine's Twitch and Youtube pages.

Smiles

From all the information I've seen, these videos won't be released progressively throughout development, but they'll just release them after they're all done.

From all the information I've seen, these videos won't be released progressively throughout development, but they'll just release them after they're all done.

I'm still curious as to why his is? Any comment from 2PP/DF?

On the Kickstarter comments, there was this exchange:

On October 28, backer Asa asked:

When [will] we start seeing 2 Player Productions documentaries of the Massive Chalice development? (as promised in the kickstarter pitch) I ask because I've really been enjoying watching the Teamstream videos which are chock full of [info] (too bad they've stopped announcing them on kickstarter), but it seems like the 2PP documentaries that backers see for Broken Age aren't being done for Massive Chalice. Is this because Broken Age is running late, and 2PP can only do documentaries of one game at a time? Will we see documentary episodes later in Massive Chalice's development? Did I miss an update about this?

And on November 29, John Bernhelm replied:

@Asa - the 2player behind the scenes are coming! They filmed an epic interview with Brad recently that I'm excited to see given the 2PP treatment! - John

So it sounds like they're working on some documentary footage, but I don't know when it's going to be released.

Yeah they said it from the beginning it wont be like broken age. More like dev diaries.

The team streams are whats replacing most of the progress documentary.

Hey Massive Backers,

The Massive Chalice video series will be very different from what we are working on with Broken Age, much more technical and discipline based, and not nearly as time sensitive.

With the Team Streams exposing the lions share of the games day to day progress, it feels more valuable to go in-depth with the various roles of production filled by the Massive Chalice team members.

The imminent release of part 1 of Broken Age has taken up much of our time lately, but the new year should see us focusing more on the Massive Chalice project, at this time codenamed "MASSIVE KNOWLEDGE".

bummer, was hoping to get some 30/40 minute episodes like broken age, backed the game almost just for that, I don't have hours to spend watching team streams and quite honestly they are really boring. I rather watch the distilled and more entertaining 2pp version.

bummer, was hoping to get some 30/40 minute episodes like broken age, backed the game almost just for that, I don't have hours to spend watching team streams and quite honestly they are really boring. I rather watch the distilled and more entertaining 2pp version.

You'll get content sort of like this I think, just not quite in the episodic every few months format that Broken Age had.

Smiles

You'll get content sort of like this I think, just not quite in the episodic every few months format that Broken Age had.

Smiles

It was never well explained but nothing can be done now. Just hope we get something cool.

cheers

The Massive Chalice video series will be very different from what we are working on with Broken Age, much more technical and discipline based, and not nearly as time sensitive.

...it feels more valuable to go in-depth with the various roles of production filled by the Massive Chalice team members.

As someone who wants to get into the games industry someday, that actually sounds super amazing.

Smiles

It was never well explained but nothing can be done now. Just hope we get something cool.

cheers

It was sort of explained on the Kickstarter:

If the project is funded, 2 Player will be able to create a series of development diaries chronicling the creation of MASSIVE CHALICE. These will be released to the general public, but backers will also get exclusive access to high-quality HD downloadable versions ($50 tier and above).

Smiles

Hey Massive Backers,

With the Team Streams exposing the lions share of the games day to day progress, it feels more valuable to go in-depth with the various roles of production filled by the Massive Chalice team members.

The imminent release of part 1 of Broken Age has taken up much of our time lately, but the new year should see us focusing more on the Massive Chalice project, at this time codenamed "MASSIVE KNOWLEDGE".

This sounds great to me, I'm really looking forward to finding out more about the people behind the game and the technology/process involved in their typical work day.