Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

An Early Peek at Some Broken Age News!

Hey backers!

The 2 Player Productions guys are finishing up the latest episode, but we didn't want to wait on that to share this fun bit of game-related news.

Please keep this under your hat until it's announced Saturday evening at Day of the Devs. That's important! We'd really rather keep these early backer heads-ups private to our backer community.

Okay, all good? Cool! Here it is:

[vimeo]78224269[/vimeo]

Yes, the amazing Pendleton Ward, creator of Adventure Time, has been gracious enough to contribute his vocal talents to Broken Age! In the video you see him reading lines and improvising, with Tim and voice director Khris Brown.

Oh my goodness, yes. Thank you, Double Fine.

Between this and JB, we're starting to know some of the reasons the project could use a bit of extra dough! :P

"The creator of this video has not given you permission to embed it on this domain.

This is a Vimeo Plus feature."

:(

Oh man, I hope this leads to a future Double Fine game featuring the art and humor of Pen Ward. Just the thought makes me roll around on the floor quivering and drooling, which is no good cuz I'm at work right now.

Mathematical!

Such exciting news! I can't wait to see everyone's VO work come together. So many great voices on this project.

We still don't know who Nolan North is playing in this game. We know he will be in it, because it is a game, but not who he is playing.

"The creator of this video has not given you permission to embed it on this domain.

This is a Vimeo Plus feature."

:(

Did you try the alternate video player? There's a link under the video.

Not gonna lie, I don't know who Pendleton Ward is. Had to google him, read the wikipedia entry. Still kind of don't know who he is.

Not gonna lie, I don't know who Pendleton Ward is. Had to google him, read the wikipedia entry. Still kind of don't know who he is.

He made a TV show that a lot of people like!

I've never seen Adventure Time but I heard it was good. Glad you trusted us enough to share this with us. :)

mum's the word! :)

Adventure Time is one of my favorite cartoons of all time. If you haven't seen it, do so. Even season 1 episode 1 is excellent, sets up the expectations well.

Never watched an episode of Adventure Time, but the snippets I've come across in my Internet wanderings make me think it's probably Pretty Good.

Oh, this made me smile, I really like it when Pen Ward does voices he just has this weird off kilter way of getting around the phrases that I find very appealing.

Oh my goodness, yes. Thank you, Double Fine.

Between this and JB, we're starting to know some of the reasons the project could use a bit of extra dough! :P

Probably not really, actually. I think he's friends with Tim and so probably wouldn't charge above the odds for a cameo part. Similarly, I think JB got involved with Brutal Legend because he was a fan of Tim's previous games. :)

For various reasons we can't talk about actor compensation, but let's just say we are good friends with folks like Jack and Pendleton and we wouldn't be making hiring decisions that would cause undue financial problems for the project.

Sign in to follow this