Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

Episode 12: A Whole Different Game Experience

Dear Tim,

Couldn't help notice you struggling with the banana so here is some advice; if you are struggling to open a banana the "normal" way turn it around and use the hard black part on the bottom. It is way easier ;)

I think it's like a Rubik's Cube, doing it any other way would be cheating.

Dear Tim,

Couldn't help notice you struggling with the banana so here is some advice; if you are struggling to open a banana the "normal" way turn it around and use the hard black part on the bottom. It is way easier ;)

I learned that last year! So EASY! :)

*Sigh*

With all these great episodes, updates and behind-the-scenes footage, I'm becoming way too spoiled for any new Kickstarter Project that pops up. Surely not all Kickstarters will have these fantastic treats, and I think this experience will be hard too top! And, as fellowbackers have mentioned, the game is still to come :)

Marek reminds me of a wolf-character from a Dutch children's book (see below). He seemed a bit scary at first, but turned out to be great, and I expect something similar from Marek.

Heen en -weerwolf.png

578d0043b86eb_Heenen-weerwolf.png.d770a4

Dear Tim,

It does feel like cheating, but once you're used to it you just can't go back. See Levi does it too!

Dear Tim,

It does feel like cheating, but once you're used to it you just can't go back. See Levi does it too!

Oh no! I don't open my Bananas like that. I just know you CAN. I still do it the hard way so as to not look like a Complete weirdo. :)

oliver youre a legend! thats awesome!

great episode well worth the wait! loved every second of it. that khris has got some kinky mouth on her.

I absolutely adored Khris Brown's major role in this bit of the documentary. She is super awesome! She was the one who answered the call box in Monkey 2 right? Even if she isn't, I really loved her comments.

Oh no! I don't open my Bananas like that. I just know you CAN. I still do it the hard way so as to not look like a Complete weirdo. :)

Haha damn, now I feel betrayed.

Haha damn, now I feel betrayed.

Open them the epic way- hold each end so that the banana is horizontal with the curve facing away from you, then thrust it away from you, cracking it in half as hard as you can. Works every time. :D

Open them the epic way- hold each end so that the banana is horizontal with the curve facing away from you, then thrust it away from you, cracking it in half as hard as you can. Works every time. :D

I can see this failing miserably but nonetheless I will be trying this xD:D

edit: That was easy :P.

It's pretty awesome isn't it? :P

you learnt that from the monkeys right?! i was going to say the same thing!

another tip is to squish juicy fuits under your bottom lip to get the juice out, then you can discard the dry husks when your finished. or throw them at someone. :)

what was this post about again?

Indeed it was, I'll be doing this more often.

*Sigh*

With all these great episodes, updates and behind-the-scenes footage, I'm becoming way too spoiled for any new Kickstarter Project that pops up. Surely not all Kickstarters will have these fantastic treats, and I think this experience will be hard too top! And, as fellowbackers have mentioned, the game is still to come :)

Marek reminds me of a wolf-character from a Dutch children's book (see below). He seemed a bit scary at first, but turned out to be great, and I expect something similar from Marek.

Yeah!!! :) Marek also reminded me of this character. :) Too bad his name is a Dutch play on words and can't be translated into English without losing it's meaning/joke, but it's nice to see that other Dutch backers think Marek looks like the 'heen-en-weerwolf' from that book.

*Sigh*

Yeah!!! :) Marek also reminded me of this character. :) Too bad his name is a Dutch play on words and can't be translated into English without losing it's meaning/joke, but it's nice to see that other Dutch backers think Marek looks like the 'heen-en-weerwolf' from that book.

I'm not Dutch so don't know what you are talking about.

The character might be great, but I can easily imagine "I'm having an old friend for dinner" said with Marek's voice :)

YAY another episode!

Also, Hotel Utah at the end.

I used to do the open mic night every week in my younger days so I know that bar very well.

That top level they were all on is very cool.

It looks like a ship... a ship I have been flipped off from while on the stage below.

Dear Tim,

Yeahhhhh, but then you get that little black nubbin right at the top and you gotta throw that away or deal with it before you start eating. If you open it classic style, the nubbin stays in the peel and you can throw them out together.

Down with nubbins!!!

Chimp-eating-banana2.jpg

(sidenote: this comes from an article about a chimp called Nubbins and his excessive consumption of bananas.)

Dear Tim,

Yeahhhhh, but then you get that little black nubbin right at the top and you gotta throw that away or deal with it before you start eating. If you open it classic style, the nubbin stays in the peel and you can throw them out together.

Down with nubbins!!!

I agree. I've tried it a couple times and it's just kind of gross.

Down with nubbins!!!

I agree. I've tried it a couple times and it's just kind of gross.

I never seem to have problem keeping the nubbin attached to the peel, that said if you lack the skill it can be kind of gross. :P

Holy crap I can't believe I got to see Jennifer Hale perform. I miss my femshep. :-(

Another great episode. Hilarious ending. Thanks guys!

I don't like the little splinter thing in the nubbin end. I used to think it was a seed, but apparently banana seeds were different, when they existed. So that's why I eat them from the handle end, so I can stop before I eat the icky bit!

Also never had trouble losing with my nubbin. :D

Oh my god, the 8 bit mode HAS to be part of the game! That would be awesome! (as an option from the start, not a completion reward or unlockable. I want to be able to see every single scene like that)

Oh gods, listening to the voice recording for Marek totally gave me goosebumps. I totally get how casting him really takes the game development to a new level.

And this is the same guy who did Danny Phantom? Amazing range!

Oh man, this episode was exactly what I needed tonight. Thanks for all the hard work; with it all coming together it looks even better than I was building up in my head! I think I'm going to have to buy a few copies of Act 1 as Christmas gifts for my friends this year

Jean-Luc-Picard-Full-of-win.jpg

This episode was fantastic. Thank you DF and 2PP, for putting a smile on my face and renewing my enthusiasm for Broken Age.

Sign in to follow this