Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nathan12343

The game is AMAZING

I played it at day of the devs, too.

I have to say that as excited as I was from reading about the progress and watching the videos, I was not prepared for how amazing the game looks in person. I know graphics aren't everything, but the artistry, polish, and animation are even a step beyond what I was expecting. It looked fantastic running on a high resolution, large screen.

Unfortunately I didn't get to play a puzzle because I didn't want to monopolize the station, so I can't comment on the puzzles, but I can also say that the voice acting and writing are just what you'd hope for and expect for this game.

For Meriloft only being in alpha, I have to say I was thoroughly impressed.

Overall, Day of the Devs was a fantastic experience, and not only because of Broken Age. I wish I could have stayed for more than 2 hours.

Agreed. I appreciated how they did the interface, very simple and easy to manage, with a contextual one click system. Having watched everything on the documentary up until now, I can say I was blown away by how good this little snippet looked. The writing felt top notch and had me laughing like I have come to expect from everything Double Fine, and the voice acting, let me just say, what they had in there really sold it. It actually brought me back to playing adventure games of times past.

Animation has been hugely polished since anything we've had the chance to see in the documentary so far, and it really brought the scenes to life. Little particle effects and the constant movement from different sections of each set really gave the game a delightful stylized look.

Had this girl who was standing next to me watching as I played the demo, so when we got to the Jack Black voice over scene I handed her the headphones and it was fun to watch her delighted reaction to his character in the game.

Well done, I say!

Oh man it looks great! I didn't get to play the demo very long, (huge line) so I can't comment too much on puzzle stuff, but the art and animation looked way better than I imagined from the little bits I've seen in the documentary. I mean, that makes sense since it was all early stuff in the documentary, but still! Totally beautiful!

I am getting more and more excited each day. The dialogue from the day of the devs bit was great and funny, just what you would expect from tim schafer.

I can't believe someone was skeptical this would turn out great.

Is there any place for us poor schmoes who couldn't visit Day of the Devs to catch up on what went on there?

Thanks a lot.

(And a few more words so the forum accepts the post.)

Man, I wish I could have been there, but living in Germany makes attending events like that a bit problematic...

Nevertheless, I'm ridiculously hyped up for Broken Age.

And since I just watched Episode 12, hearing all those voice actors I already know from other projects

makes me even more excited. I'm so glad Jennifer Hale doesn't play a no-nonsense tough soldier lady.

She does that very well, but also a bit too often, at least in my not very humble opinion. :D

Man, I wish I could have been there, but living in Germany makes attending events like that a bit problematic...
All you have to do is talk the European indie scene into starting a Day of the Devs.

All you have to do is talk the European indie scene into starting a Day of the Devs.
Or just fly halfway around the world. I mean, where's your dedication, man! ;-)

Smiles

Or just fly halfway around the world. I mean, where's your dedication, man! ;-)

Smiles

So is that what they call a slacker backer? :)

Sign in to follow this