With the lack of backwards compatability, and not really wanting to have 2 kinect devices in the room at the same time it would be really good to see an updated version of Happy Action Theatre for the Xbox One. Especially as it was really the only decent Kinect game on the 360..... Do DoubleFine have any plans for this at all?

Thanks

I want to officially second this motion! I was even planning on starting my own thread before finding it. DFHAT and Kinect Party are AMAZING uses of Kinect for gaming in the vein of Wario Ware. My kids can't get enough of them and they are fun and keep you active. I'm sure you can find even more great activities with the improved XOne Kinect, so please do!!!

So with the newly revealed possibility of having certain 360 games supported on the One will you reconsider?

Backward compatibility wont work. It would need to be a native port. It has been confirmed that external hardware like the 360's Kinect won't work in backward compatibility mode due to the differences in the Kinect hardware.

That being said, I'm exited for other DF games to come over with the new backward compatibility, like Brutal Legend and Iron Brigade!

That being said, I'm exited for other DF games to come over with the new backward compatibility, like Brutal Legend and Iron Brigade!

Or, considering the architecture, just take the improved PC version and port it.

Just going to get this floating out there, no port, brand new game.

Double Fine Happy Action Theater: Dubstep Edition

I would easily put a couple hundred on that kickstarter

Voting for a native port to Xbox One too! :) I loved HAT/Kinect Party. My kid always played it with her friends but with the 360 in storage, I would really love to see this (or something similar) for Xbox One Kinect too!

Putting my vote here too. The only reason I have my 360 still hooked up to my TV is for my 4 and 3 year olds to play this game together and with their friends. This is the only game made for Kinect that works will little kids. It is a stroke of genius that should be Kickstarted ASAP. There is nothing for young children on Xbox One. Bring it back!!

Hello, Double Fine!

You have all art ready. You just need to adopt old code to XBox One and Kinect 2.

Please, release Kinect Party Remastered for XBox One. You can get easy money and make happy handreds of XBox One Kinect users.

I vote for a Windows port! I sadly don't think Linux is feasible at this point, unless there's somehow a Kinect library for Linux.

My kids love this game. I traded in my 360 for a XB1. Microsoft let me down with the Backwards Compatibility hype. This is my vote for a XB1/Kinect2 reboot of Kinect Party!

On 8/28/2016 at 8:52 AM, dugbug said:

I registered just to post support for xbox one version.  why not have fun with the supposedly more accurate kinect?

Ditto.  And I HATE registering for these boards - I normally use a burner email.  Double-Fine you have my email and my support to remake this game!

DFHAT has saved our last three SuperBowl (tm) parties.  "Kids to the Jello-mold!"  So sad I gave away the 360.