Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thezillaking

DF and countries overseas?

I was thinking, and I know there are Russian and German language Psychonauts videos on Youtube. Was that a project Double Fine was actually involved in? Was it sold in many other countries?

Insomniac, another developer whose platformers I'm a huge fan of, has had some great success in America and Japan. But I haven't heard about Double Fine's ideas on marketing outside the country. If Psychonauts (or Brutal Legend, but that's a pretty America-specific thing) were popularized in Japan, that'd be really influencial for the series and the company, right?

On a note other than "wouldn't it be nice": I'm kind of an advocate of awesomeness for Double Fine in a language-learning website I'm a member of. It feels cool to introduce people from all over the world to a company they've never even heard of and grab their interest.

So, the whole point is, what do you think about Psychonauts and foreign countries? What's Double Fine's stance? And yours?

Well more countries, means more people to buy games. More sold games means money. More money means more games, with a possibility for a psychonauts sequal.

Get it?

Haha, well, of course. I was mostly wondering if anyone knew what DF's thoughts were, and if they actually did anything with Psychonauts outside of America.

I'd love to see Double Fine games sold to many other countries. I'm poitive that would make a giant jump in their popularity!

Sign in to follow this