Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

Tim, Lee, Oliver, and Greg's Broken Age talk at GDC Next

Thanks for the link!

Anyone who has (for some reason) been worried about whether Broken Age is going to have proper puzzles in it should definitely watch it.

Good stuff. Many thanks! Now I'm off to watch the XOXO Festival lecture too.

Smiles

Some great thoughts were shared here. I'm particularly heartened by Greg's reinforcing that the Broken Age leaks highlighted the value rather than the risk of open development :)

Now you got me hoping that the toaster will make an appearance in the game. ;D

Well, something has to snuff all those chinchillas...

great! does this actually mean that i can talk about the " " " " " "early access controversy" " " " " ", even if theres this self-imposed NDA (because of tims section), and tell people what it was actually like here on the backer forums when that happens and what was the actual situation? that would make me kinda liberated.

Some great thoughts were shared here. I'm particularly heartened by Greg's reinforcing that the Broken Age leaks highlighted the value rather than the risk of open development :)

good call

Nice, thanks for the link. Quick question; is that inventory system a placeholder or is that final? Don't think I've seen it before tis all.

Totally relate to the YouTube goons in Greg's compilation video, particularly the part they expressed about feeling a sense of knowing the personalities of the Double Fine Heroes. I feel like I work with or know all these crazy guys personally.

It may be something about the intimate style of the 2PP documentary smiths, or it could be the wonderful, open, sharing culture inside Double Fine, but this really rings true for me.

In fact, as I was watching this video fade in from black, seeing those four very familiar faces, I immediately thought "Aww Yeah! It's all my homeboys! This is gonna be great."

I also hoped that a little bit of good-natured ribbing would be going on, with regard to their respective areas of subject matter expertise, *wish granted*, and then the hilarious most-embarrassing-photo-possible competition they had going on in the presentation slides when introducing the next speaker. Love this stuff. So good.

Seriously thinking about how I will feed my interest and intrigue for this process and the team dynamic we feel a part of after the documentary series has finished. Get a job a Double Fine, I guess?

Sign in to follow this