Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Untrustedlife

[SUGGESTION]Many ideas: New idea: Citizens with Ulterior Motives/ And (plant infestations,Better Security,Church Zone,changelings, And Many More!)

Awesome Super Suggestion Thread

I have decided to make this my special suggestions post where i can suggest things and other people Can suggest things to add to this list, having a large thread about suggestions is likely to get more noticed by the developers then a single post.

Here we go in chronological order:

------------------------------------------------

Plant Infestations

With the up-incoming botany lab, I would love the idea of a new very rare random event/disaster where one of your plants starts growing out of control and you have to contain it to save your base from the growth.

A new item, maybe as object that can be placed anywhere (similar to the fire extinguisher, but much more expensive) we can have flame throwers (or something like that) that can be used to burn it so it does not overrun your base)

The plants will strangle any unfortunate citizens stuck in them.

I believe it would be very fun dealing with this kind of disaster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Temples

I noticed in the feature list it said you may add religions?

Maybe we should be able to build an area for priests and funerals? Temples (or some other name)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Light and Darkness

Another suggestion I would like to make is adding lights to rooms, (instead of having them automatically light up, you should add lights on your own. This way if a light is broken a room becomes dark.

Onward

With this darkness, you have a fog of war type thing that the player cannot see, sort of like the darelicts except when a person leaves the room, it resets.

Inoticed in a recent blog post the devs are looking for some way for baddies to 'invade' ships This suggestion might help with the brainstorming process

Changelings/bodyswappers

With this you can add special monsters that can kill people without your knowledge, the people who are 'missing' (there bodies are not found appear as misssing (or if they are sucked out into space, they become missing), kind of like in dwarf fortress (sometimes people will just get lost n the dark and become missing, so it doesn't mean they are dead)

Maybe even, a monster that can take the place of someone , like a body swapper or changeling (Like in the movie 'The Thing')

They would make use of the darkness as the place where they do there evil deeds, if there is no darkness, they have to do it in the light or go somewhere else to do it or break the light. (lights will take along time to degrade, don't want another thing for the gosh darn technicians to 'worry' about. while they are playing handhel.. I mean working.

Citizens with Ulterior Motives:

Syndicates, these guys are just like normal Citizens however they have an alterior motive (Kill a specific person, destroy specific objects, or just cause havoc.)

The game wil treat them as normal citizens, you assign them jobs etc, but when they have a chance to complete their objective, they will do it.

Then they will try to escape in a shuttle and 'split base' so to speak (Leave the sector) You need to cvatch em before they do their dirty business and, the game should give players chances to notice this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Security Clearence

I believe that eventually (once brigs and things of that nature are added, and once we have weapon holders in an armory)

We should add security clearance, so we can prevent specific people from entering specific rooms.

(side suggestion add people who you can't necessarily trust to a game, maybe they are a syndicate or assassin in disguise or a changeling or something.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Inspired by the whole 'losing is fun' principle of dwarf fortress

And space-station 13

What do you guys think?

----------------------------

all I can say is.....

ibky.png

Still not sure, does this mean that you like my idea?

It was extremely inspired by space-station 13, which is an awesome game.

I actually Have a few other ideas i'll add to this post. Who wants a chaplains office (or temple type thing, we can come up with fun ways to implement that)

I just read the dev ideas and they are in fact adding flamethrowers..maybe they have this idea already.

Singing plant infestation... the best kind of homicidal plant related disaster!

I just read the dev ideas and they are in fact adding flamethrowers..maybe they have this idea already.

Singing plant infestation... the best kind of homicidal plant related disaster!

Wait singing..where did that come from? lol

Oh is that the Seymour thing..oh I get it.

I have updated the OP, check it out ;)

Is it against the rules to mention when i update the op?

Updated the OP again.

I didnt see it in the rules, so please someone tell me. I don't want to be spamming and it is nice to have my own little suggestion thread so i don't have to keep creating new ones.

I have ideas on security as well. Please check it out. it called Security/Emergency Protocols and Checkpoints.

How would the whole darkness/light thing work, because I would assume sensors are an unspoken tech in the game(it alerts when hostiles enter base, etc.) If that was made as researchable tech, then it would be great. I love The Thing, so i could see this as great gameplay. I imagine looking at someone's spaceface update and they say

"____ is acting really weird today, but then again..." or

"Last night must have been CRAAAZY, don't remember anything after I touched ___."

Or "Gotta layoff that ____, 'cause I could have sworn I saw ____'s face rearrange itself."

it goes on and on...

I have ideas on security as well. Please check it out. it called Security/Emergency Protocols and Checkpoints.

How would the whole darkness/light thing work, because I would assume sensors are an unspoken tech in the game(it alerts when hostiles enter base, etc.) If that was made as researchable tech, then it would be great. I love The Thing, so i could see this as great gameplay. I imagine looking at someone's spaceface update and they say

"____ is acting really weird today, but then again..." or

"Last night must have been CRAAAZY, don't remember anything after I touched ___."

Or "Gotta layoff that ____, 'cause I could have sworn I saw ____'s face rearrange itself."

it goes on and on...

I love that movie too, it is a classic and yea I love your idea about the spaceface updates and teh researchable tech.You are a treasure trove good sir. I really hope they add these things.

Awesome Super Suggestion Thread

Plant Infestations

With the up-incoming botany lab, I would love the idea of a new very rare random event/disaster where one of your plants starts growing out of control and you have to contain it to save your base from the growth.

A new item, maybe as object that can be placed anywhere (similar to the fire extinguisher, but much more expensive) we can have flame throwers (or something like that) that can be used to burn it so it does not overrun your base)

The plants will strangle any unfortunate citizens stuck in them.

I believe it would be very fun dealing with this kind of disaster.

I cannot tell you how much I love this idea. I hope the devs see this one :)

I cannot tell you how much I love this idea. I hope the devs see this one :)

Haha yeah the plant infestation is rad.

Awesome that you like the idea, I really hope they add it.

I really like the ideas about citizens with secret motives.

Maybe they are trying to...

1) As a spy steal research and escape.

2) As a detective locate a suspect, who will try to run.

3) As a raider, kill off security, hide the invasion, and eventually let other raiders in.

4) As a terrorist, "boom"

5) As a mass murderer trying not to get caught, but still "working"

6) As a cult member, trying to change others to their side, and they will all eventually leave in a shuttle, or start a riot

3) As a raider, kill off security, hide the invasion, and eventually let other raiders in.

6) As a cult member, trying to change others to their side, and they will all eventually leave in a shuttle, or start a riot

Not sure about the terrorist or cult members..But..we can say..Religious Zealots as those actually exist in the game currently (just not as disguised people)

The detective is something i never thought of..that is an insanely good idea..of course some people on your base will be criminols trying to hide..or escape slavery...this is perfect.

And honestly, to everyone. I think we are in need of some less base-destroying events. (events that don't add on to or damage your base).

I feel it would make everybody happier. :D

Not sure about the terrorist or cult members..But..we can say..Religious Zealots as those actually exist in the game currently (just not as disguised people)

The detective is something i never thought of..that is an insanely good idea..of course some people on your base will be criminols trying to hide..or escape slavery...this is perfect.

And honestly, to everyone. I think we are in need of some less base-destroying events. (events that don't add on to or damage your base).

I kinda like my walls, so less destruction would be perfect. But for people to have evil AI its going to take some work, because now they all just die in space crying about the lack of work. The AI needs some major work. Also just to have them try to accomplish some things, like steal, what's stopping them, or if they plant a bomb, I would guess they would want to leave real quickly.

I kinda like my walls, so less destruction would be perfect. But for people to have evil AI its going to take some work, because now they all just die in space crying about the lack of work. The AI needs some major work. Also just to have them try to accomplish some things, like steal, what's stopping them, or if they plant a bomb, I would guess they would want to leave real quickly.

I was thinking a syndicate shuttle would pick them up or something when they try to escape after the crime.

And yeah. the AI needs a major overhaul before they can even think of adding things like this.

They may be planning to implement some ulterior motives. Several times I've explored a derelict, and found a new person. Their first Spaceface entry says something like, "Nice base, what can I steal?" but then they just become an ordinary citizen.

They may be planning to implement some ulterior motives. Several times I've explored a derelict, and found a new person. Their first Spaceface entry says something like, "Nice base, what can I steal?" but then they just become an ordinary citizen.

I really do hope they add it, its much nicer to have events that can kill you, but do NOT destroy your base. Then to have all the events blast holes in your base and stuff.

Which is why changelings and plant infestations and traitors, would work so well.

Some of this stuff reminds me of DARK STAR -- not a bad influence for a game like this!

Also: Sorry to be petty, but it's ulterior. Not alterior.

Some of this stuff reminds me of DARK STAR -- not a bad influence for a game like this!

Also: Sorry to be petty, but it's ulterior. Not alterior.

Aww, I'll fix it thanks.

I have never heard of darkstar, I got most of these ideas from ss13.

And thanks. I really do hope that the devs see these ideas. I would love to see them in the game.

Sign in to follow this