Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
letharion

Is there currently a way of dealing with crew trauma?

After dealing with some raiders, one of my security team members now has status "Hurt".

I was initially hoping this would go away after long enough, but that doesn't seem to be the case. So I'm guessing, pending a medical profession, and related rooms/items, there is no cure?

I'm asking to make sure I haven't missed something. Perhaps someone has discovered a bug that allows a workaround in the meantime.

FWIW, that Killbot got what he deserved for threatening my crew! :D

Supposedly they regenerate slowly over time, but I haven't obsessively followed anyone around to verify it. I have however noticed hurt security guards exploring a derelict quite some time after I saw them get injured, so it might be very slowly indeed.

Yeah, I think their condition heals slowly over time. It'd probably be for the best to assign injured security members to a different, more peaceful job while they mend their wounds.

Maybe they heal even faster if they're set to unassigned and allowed to relax. Might have to look into that...

I have sort of obsessively followed someone around (does this make me a stalker?), and didn't observe them healing. I guess I'll try to just wait even longer.

It’d probably be for the best to assign injured security members to a different, more peaceful job while they mend their wounds.

Yeah, he's a botanist now, and will remain so at least until he heals.

I have sort of obsessively followed someone around (does this make me a stalker?), and didn't observe them healing. I guess I'll try to just wait even longer.
It’d probably be for the best to assign injured security members to a different, more peaceful job while they mend their wounds.

Yeah, he's a botanist now, and will remain so at least until he heals.

FYI i did this like 3 or 4 days ago. Still have the same crew member as a botanist and still no health improvement. I played for probably 12-16 hours on mostly normal and some super speed. He has never healed and i have given up on all hopes of him healing "naturally"

I haven't been seeing anyone healing lately ether, so this feature might be bugged.

I've had an injured space chicken working as a bartender almost since the start of my base. And 90 citizens later he is still hurt.

I am 100% certain crew members are mentally healing over time. I have had several happy base periods, but it does take a decent amount of time of them getting their needs met. Usually what I do, is try to stop the sad when it's just 2-3 people. After a death or other troubling incident, I will unassign them for a while, but once their only unmet need is duty, look at their traits and try to guess a job that would make them happy. Generally you want to keep your deeply sad people out of space. The problem is, there are glitches that get in the way of smooth operation, sometimes you will have issues with bartenders not serving food (when this is smooth operation it seems to make people happy the fastest), so keep an eye on that, and rotate your bartenders if it happens. Also put monitors and plants in any constantly occupied rooms. You can pull people out of their funk. The problem is once you get 4-5 deeply sads, they start wandering into space and idling until they run out of oxygen, which of course makes anybody who knew them sadder, until you have a whole crew sads, and then space base management becomes too tedious because your technicians above all need to be relatively happy.

Hope that helps!

I am 100% certain crew members are mentally healing over time. I have had several happy base periods, but it does take a decent amount of time of them getting their needs met. Usually what I do, is try to stop the sad when it's just 2-3 people. After a death or other troubling incident, I will unassign them for a while, but once their only unmet need is duty, look at their traits and try to guess a job that would make them happy. Generally you want to keep your deeply sad people out of space. The problem is, there are glitches that get in the way of smooth operation, sometimes you will have issues with bartenders not serving food (when this is smooth operation it seems to make people happy the fastest), so keep an eye on that, and rotate your bartenders if it happens. Also put monitors and plants in any constantly occupied rooms. You can pull people out of their funk. The problem is once you get 4-5 deeply sads, they start wandering into space and idling until they run out of oxygen, which of course makes anybody who knew them sadder, until you have a whole crew sads, and then space base management becomes too tedious because your technicians above all need to be relatively happy.

Hope that helps!

Thank you liamecrow, but this is not about mental health and sadness. This is about crew that have physical problems, i.e they've been shot. Security and people get hurt by raiders. Those raider inflicted wounds never heal.

Hope that helps!

Yes monitors plants, etc do help people get less sad.

I usually keep my base ecstatic ( It's not that hard once you get the hang of it)

In reference to the wandering in space until out of oxygen

Is that a bug, or is that suicide? I know they want bases to sometimes end up in a tantrum spiral..

I am really excited for space-madness in this regard.

(The dwarf fortress inspiration is showing..:P)

Sign in to follow this